• Please log in to reply
10240 replies to this topic

#10201 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 12:10 AM

i really think Moeka was their best option T-T she naturally became popular and they quickly catched onto that and pushed her right away...sadly things didnt work out.

#10202 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 12:41 AM

i really think Moeka was their best option T-T she naturally became popular and they quickly catched onto that and pushed her right away...sadly things didnt work out.

she was such a perfect ace, it's too bad aks got ahead of themselves and pressured her so much she couldn't handle it >_< i'm still so sad about that. honestly if she wasn't the only girl being pushed and had more support i'm sure she would've stuck around, but being hated by both fans and members and having a scandal at the same time, it was all too much. i hope she comes back in the public eye someday (still hoping those avex soloist rumors are true) but i doubt it. hopefully if aks picks another girl to push as ace, they'll have learned from their mistakes with moeka and push a bunch of girls instead of only one. what made akb48 popular was not only acchan, but the whole kami7 with her, and mega pushing one girl as ace won't save the group without other girls backing her up.

#10203 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 04:10 AM

So when did AKB48 started to go Downhill

#10204 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:21 AM

So when did AKB48 started to go Downhill

in terms of popularity, i'd say around 2013-14. like they still had huge hits at that time but also their most popular members were all graduating around that time, and with acchan's graduation the golden era already ended. as each of their big members who made akb famous left, their management basically just relied more on the popular members they still had left instead of pushing their newer members, and that wasn't enough to keep akb popular in the mainstream. that and the rise of nogizaka46 and the 46 groups in general meant the end of akb's public relevance. they still sell a ton, but that's from their fanbase, and the general public doesn't know any of the new girls since all of the members from the golden era graduated long ago. and it feels like every time they start pushing a new girl, if she isn't immediately successful and pushes akb back to the mainstream, they stop caring about her, and it's unfortunate because the chances of a new girl suddenly catapulting into the public's minds and becoming super popular are basically 0 (unless she magically goes viral or something), but it still keeps happening. >_<

#10205 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 06:58 PM

So AKB48 has a controversial history and a Rival Group

#10206 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 05:52 PM

Happy 15th anniversary to AKB48!

Kenkyuusei promoted:

Promoted to Team A
Furukawa Nazuna
Honda Sora

Promoted to Team K
Nagano Megumi

Promoted to Team 4
Ishiwata Sena
Kuramoto Miyuu
Homma Mai
Yoshihashi Yuzuka

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#10207 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 06:04 PM

happy 15th anniversary akb <33 sucks it comes during one of akb's worst years but i'm happy they're getting to celebrate it at all considering the circumstances

#10208 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 07:52 PM

worst years?

#10209 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 09:15 PM

worst years?

yeah, they've done basically nothing this year except 1 single and a few small events. besides those, it's just been youtube videos and showroom streams. which is really frustrating >_<

#10210 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 09:59 PM

oh yeah speaking of that of years was 2017 or 2019 a good year for the group

#10211 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 10:44 PM

remember when akb released music LOL

no seriously like it's been 10 months since shitsuren and i know at this point they're probably holding out for izone j-line to return to have sakura center but this makes me so mad lol. but i'm being 100% honest when i say i will forgive the entirety of akb's inactivity in the last year if next single we get yuizukky wcenter, EVEN if it's a b-side i don't care i just need official yuizukky and they've been doing it in so many performances in the last few months aks stop giving me HOPE

#10212 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:05 AM

i just hope this year will be a improvement over last year god so boring and bland its like a boring teacher doing a boring history lesson and anyone in the class goes to sleep because its so boring

#10213 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 02:42 AM

LITERALLY like god they did absolutely nothing besides shitsuren.... not even any events like the only ones i remember are the singing competition and the esports competition and those felt like such an afterthought. i'm really hoping they do more once izone j-line is back, i know they'll all just be immediately pushed to the front which is disappointing but honestly i wouldn't be surprised, and at this point i'd be happy to just see any of the girls i like behind them bc they've been gone so long. well they haven't been like, GONE but gone as in, barely active besides a few no name small events and performances of songs from a decade ago that half of the current girls weren't even teenagers for when they came out (not to mention these performances all being the exact same every time). ahh i always end up ranting when i talk about akb but srsly i'm just so mad about how they're managed these days and also kinda envious of anyone who was a fan pre 2019 and actually like, got content on a regular basis lol

also like the longer akb is gone the more i become a nogi stan so i'm strongly hoping for the former's return before i go full 46 stan lol please give me content before i turn to the dark side (this is a joke i love nogi and 46g in general but i'm definitely more 48g leaning and i MISS MY GIRLS ACTUALLY BEING ACTIVE BESIDES GARBAGE PERFORMANCES AND TWITTER SELFIES)

#10214 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 03:25 AM

Boi remember the time AKB48 was controversial

#10215 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 03:41 AM

unfortunately no i was like 6 years old when they were LOL but i'm sure older fans here (if there's any akb fans left T_T) can probably say more about it than i ever could (all i know are the really big scandals like miichan shaving her head and the infamous controversial stuff like hebirote's mv and seifuku ga jama wo suru's... everything)

#10216 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 03:59 AM

i was 5 years old so i didn't know about j-pop in general i remember when on tv a report was talking about them

#10217 dreamcastegirl

dreamcastegirl

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:24 AM

i was 5 years old so i didn't know about j-pop in general i remember when on tv a report was talking about them

I definitely miss antagonistic/weird AKB, but as much as I miss those days, I think they have some amazingly under-utilised talent in the group right now (MACHARIN!) and they don't really need to do this kind of thing anymore to get attention because, well, they're the default you know. What they definitely do need to do, however, is give these girls more time to shine!

she said, "don't make others suffer for your personal hatred." 

#10218 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:37 PM

honestly at this point i really think they need to focus on themselves. the group's relied on sister groups and held desperately to their original popular girls for so long that the group has basically no identity anymore, and the only new girl people VAGUELY know is naachan, and barely then. the only girl left that anyone really knows is yukirin and that's not only because she was around for the golden era, but also because of her own self marketing and promotion. especially now like, akb has NOTHING. there's no music in the last 10 months (except the charity single but yknow), akbingo is dead, the only events were the esports competition i didn't watch and the singing contest which was predictable, and the only performances we've been having are of old songs that the current girls have no relation to. >_< it sucks

#10219 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:51 PM

Not to add fuel to the fire, but some Korean news outlets are alleging that Iz*one are in talks to extend their contracts, meaning that if 48G management is waiting on Sakura to save them, they could to be in trouble.
DDOhydd.gif

#10220 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:57 PM

oh they're definitely waiting on her, i mean it's been like 10 months at this point, around the halfway point i just gave up and figured they were waiting till izone kicks it to get sakura to center. honestly i don't really think the j-line really need 48g anymore since they've grown far more in izone more than they ever would've if they stayed where they were, but also, at this point as sad as it'd make me i wouldn't care that much if they were brought back to front akb bc really i'd be thankful to see my favs behind them at all lol. if their return means we get music again at least i don't mind, but honestly for them and izone as a whole they're better where they are

also i love izone and everything about them even if i don't stan so like i'll be sad to see them go even if it gets extended lolol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users