Photo

Morning Musume Otome Gumi / Sakura Gumi (モーニング娘。おとめ組 / さくら組)

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#41 sheep goat

sheep goat

Drinking maternities with Makoto and Yossi

• Senpai
  • 1682 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:01 AM

I don't see why mister.mori should have to change the way he posts with Japanese for a few people.

Because this is an English-speaking forum. :)

But...what do those square boxes in the posts above say? Is there something wrong with my computer?

:) this is probably because you don't have the Japanese language pack installed on your computer. i would have thought that people would at least have the Japanese language pack installed in their computer if they were interested in JPop. i just don't see how you could survive the internet without it.

some computers can't handle the download.

Sorry. Back on topic:
since everyone's sharing preferences and reasons, I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and do so myself. :D
I think I like both groups equally. Yossi (favorite #1 of 2) is in Sakura, while Makoto (favorite #2 of 2) is in Otome. Each group has a first single that I hate and a second single I love. While Otome's "Ai no Sono" outfits beat Sakura's "Haru Ame Nochi Suki" outfits, Sakura's lineup has all members I like (save for one) while Otome has two members I dislike and one I don't care for right now. So far they balance, right?
Sakura Mankai and Yuujou go head to head for my favorite Gumi single, so I couldn't possibly choose just one. :c40:

ooh, guess what: Mari's performing in concerts again, and here she appears with Sakura Gumi in one of the latest concerts:
Posted Image
let me know if the picture is too big, and I'll try to thumbnail it. XD
~Currently super dedicated to making the name Zucchini stick. Kanon <3~
Posted Image
I miss you both so very much.

#42 leonheartx

leonheartx

piko piko piko~~~

• Shinmem
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:45 AM

im so glad she has singing roles again. just being an mc just didnt cut it ^^
Posted Image

#43 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:15 AM

well since mari is back to performing with sakura gumi, why the hell didn't they bring aibon back for sakura gumi also!?!?!?

eventhough mari is wearing the sakura outfit, her hair is still very MC-ish ^^"

and the pic isn't too big at all, there's an auto strink-down-size function in the forum now :)

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#44 konstargirl

konstargirl

Been liking Touhou since 07 B******

• Senpai
  • 2615 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:00 PM

I also like Morning musume tome because of Rika and Makoto. Thet remind me of two Fushigi yuugi characters name tasuki and Chichiri. Rika is chichiri and Makoto is tasuki. They fit with each other in my opinion for some reason.
Posted Image

Halloween!!!

#45 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:55 PM

I like Sakara Gumi because they take their time of singing. Plus, Asami and Yossie are in the group.

#46 konstargirl

konstargirl

• Senpai
  • 2615 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:15 PM

I like Sakara Gumi because they take their time of singing. Plus, Asami and Yossie are in the group.

Me too. Its too bad konkon is not at hello!project anymore. She will fit in alot of songs that we are listening today.
Posted Image

Halloween!!!

#47 TheBlackTower

TheBlackTower

Reina & Sayu

• Senpai
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:06 PM

just pray for konkon stay happy making what they chose ^^

i like the 2 groups beucase.... humm i like a lot of the members kkkkk

this perf of sakura gumi is a recent one??
Posted Image

Thx C-ute4everMaimi for sig and ava :3

#48 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:22 PM

okay...so i'm having a little trouble focusing this thought, but i'm sure you'll be able to get the gist of it...

IMO it's obvious that Yoshizawa would fit perfectly in おとめ組. her personality just seems to fit those type of songs better. but maybe that's the reason why she was put in さくら組; something kind of like "a challenge" or "yes, she can fit these types of songs too" kinda' thing. does that make sense...? if not, then just completely disregard my comment. :lol:

Adventures in Japanmister.mori's newest blog entry:
Suspended Indefnitely

#49 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:40 PM

I think I get what you're saying, mister.mori.

Also, I think that Tsunku did something interesting when creating the Gumis. I thought for sure that Yossie would be in Otome and that Rika would be in Sakura, but they weren't. And it turned out for the better. In addition to that, he split up Nono and Aibon, and, also, the 6th gen. I liked seeing that. It gave a chance for others to shine. And because of that, and other things like it, I really have to respect/admire Tsunku for doing what he does. I mean, he really puts thought into the groups and girls that he chooses.
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#50 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:52 PM

i'm glad someone does XD ! and yes, my comment could apply to Ishikawa as well. it just seems like they (Yoshizawa and Ishikawa) would "fit" better in the opposite groups. but they were placed where they were placed and it's perfect how it is :wink: !

i've also noticed that Tsuji and Kago are rarely grouped together for anything. and for good reason too :lol: . Tsuji + Kago = chaos...hilarious chaos...but chaos nonetheless.

Suspended Indefnitely

#51 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:02 PM

Sometimes I think he just pulls names out of a hat ::): I would've swotched Yossi and Iida IMHO.

But I forgot to state my opinion on the groups! XD Anyway, I like Sakura much more then Otome. But I'm really biased since my three top Morning Musume members are on Sakura (Nacchi, Risa, and Takahashi).

But...
Ai no Sono > Hare Ame
Sakura Mankai > Yuujou
2004 >>>> 2003

Nothing is better then Sakura Mankai for me since that was the song that started my H!P fandom. :o But nothing is better then rocking out of Yuujou. :lol: Too bad Tsunku didn't continue with them, since I think those two songs were better then all of MoMusu's '04 singles. :huh

#52 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:43 AM

Too bad Tsunku didn't continue with them, since I think those two songs were better then all of MoMusu's '04 singles. :huh

Amen. I usually blame the difficulty of writing songs with bite & personality for 14 people, but maybe he was just drained by the genius of the OtomeG & SakuraG songs XD
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#53 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:02 AM

Both were good since it seems everyone's favorites were split evenly between the two. Plus not only a chance to do different styles of music but also more face time for each individual member, hear their singing voice for longer than a line and sometimes give them unusual hairdos/outfits in the PVs.

#54 Scramasax

Scramasax

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 714 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:58 AM

Persolly, I like up-beat songs. "Ai no Sono ~ Touch my Heart" is definately in my top 3 favorite MM songs. I really like it's funky flavor. MM + slap bass = win!!! "Egao YES Nude" has a very similar feel to it. As far as Sakura Gumi, the songs were good, but I'm partial to the rock remix of Hare Ame.

#55 konstargirl

konstargirl

• Senpai
  • 2615 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:21 AM

Persolly, I like up-beat songs. "Ai no Sono ~ Touch my Heart" is definately in my top 3 favorite MM songs. I really like it's funky flavor. MM + slap bass = win!!! "Egao YES Nude" has a very similar feel to it. As far as Sakura Gumi, the songs were good, but I'm partial to the rock remix of Hare Ame.

I heard of the rock version before. In my opinion, it sounds better than the original one.
Posted Image

Halloween!!!

#56 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:04 AM

Persolly, I like up-beat songs. "Ai no Sono ~ Touch my Heart" is definately in my top 3 favorite MM songs. I really like it's funky flavor. MM + slap bass = win!!!

the slap bass definitely gives it that extra "funk" doesn't it!?

i've never heard that rock mix of 晴れ雨のちスキ (Hare Ame Nochi Suki). thanks for the link! i think i like the original more though. but i aways like different versions of songs.

Suspended Indefnitely

#57 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:33 AM

I have the rock version too, and I like it much more then the original. The original wares on me after listening it too many times, but the rock remix brings a new, fresh light to it :lol:

#58 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:04 AM

i really like the different versions of Say Yeah! -もっとミラクルナイト-, especially this part:

「青春を謳歌する諸君に告ぐ
 我々は完全に楽しんでいる
 さぁ 諸君たちも共に
 楽しもうではないか!」

"seishun wo ouka suru shokun ni tsugu
wareware wa kanzen ni tanoshinde iru
saa shokuntachi mo tomo ni
tanoshimou de wa nai ka!"

in the original version that part is Kago and Tsuji's, but in the おとめ組 version it's Ishikawa, Tsuji, and Tanaka, and in the さくら組 version it's Niigaki and Kamei.

Suspended Indefnitely

#59 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:00 AM

i'm watching the Sakura Gumi - Hatsu Kouen ~Sakura Saku~ right now and absolutely loved the live "rap" part of 抱いてHOLD ON ME!. i'll probably edit this post as i go along and watch the rest. ^^;

(btw, i asked doinkies if he had the Otome Gumi concert if he could upload that on the tracker as well but i still haven't gotten a response. maybe if someone else had it they could upload it... ^^; )

Suspended Indefnitely

#60 gaijin_mmlove

gaijin_mmlove

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:12 AM

i'm watching the Sakura Gumi - Hatsu Kouen ~Sakura Saku~ right now and absolutely loved the live "rap" part of 抱いてHOLD ON ME!. i'll probably edit this post as i go along and watch the rest. ^^;

(btw, i asked doinkies if he had the Otome Gumi concert if he could upload that on the tracker as well but i still haven't gotten a response. maybe if someone else had it they could upload it... ^^; )

You mean this concert? The sakura gumi is there, too
Otomegumi Koen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users