Photo

Morning Musume Otome Gumi / Sakura Gumi (モーニング娘。おとめ組 / さくら組)

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#21 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:27 AM

Well, if you think about it, the Gumis were experimentation for the possibility of smaller overall MM (a point made in the Tsunku thread). The reason they may not appear in the future is because, besides the small MM now, that it seems to have been something more of a test. If MM gets bigger again, he may try it again, but you never know.

OH YEAH! i think i was one of the guys who said that.........
well i think the gumis were huge successes also becuase that they give another image from MM cuz they each had a theme, PLUS yea the sudden smaller image must for be really fresh for ppl

sakura mankai, it's just a great song, the intro of the dance is kinda weird though, the zombie-ish starting....

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#22 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:31 AM

I like both groups. No favoritism. They both are able to display/perform different genres with other unusual members.

Gives them a whole new experience no doubt. I also like the "live" where they perform their usual MM singles with some members replacing the original voice. Heh. :c13:

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

#23 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:20 AM

It took me a while to like Sakura Mankai because of the instruments, but I gradually began to like it.

are you referring to the "koto" and the "samisen"? they are the string instruments. IMO this is what gives さくら満開 (Sakura Mankai) it's beauty. with a song about the cherry blossoms and classic Japanese instruments being used you can really get the "feel" of Japan. the great thing about JPop is that i've noticed a lot of classic Japanese instruments being used in modern day pop music.

But...what do those square boxes in the posts above say? Is there something wrong with my computer?

XP this is probably because you don't have the Japanese language pack installed on your computer. i would have thought that people would at least have the Japanese language pack installed in their computer if they were interested in JPop. i just don't see how you could survive the internet without it.

Adventures in Japanmister.mori's newest blog entry:
Suspended Indefnitely

#24 Ero.Egao

Ero.Egao

SKINSHIP is my new favorite word.

• Senpai
  • 695 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:19 AM

It took me a while to like Sakura Mankai because of the instruments, but I gradually began to like it.

are you referring to the "koto" and the "samisen"? they are the string instruments. IMO this is what gives さくら満開 (Sakura Mankai) it's beauty. with a song about the cherry blossoms and classic Japanese instruments being used you can really get the "feel" of Japan. the great thing about JPop is that i've noticed a lot of classic Japanese instruments being used in modern day pop music.

I guess that's the name of them. Well, at the time, the first time I heard it, I was just starting to get into Morning Musume (or J-Pop as a whole), and I wasn't quite used to the classic Japanese instruments, but after a while, I really grew to like it, and yeah I agree that you can really feel this kind of traditional Japan thing to it.

My Fan Fiction Thread // MySpace // Photobucket
Thanks to the great SNIPER for my sig/avi!
Posted Image

#25 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:33 AM

Two groups that i liked alot technically speaking they never broke up however its not likely we will see them again. There layouts will have changed abit as well.

One thing i did like alot was the two concerts they did even if the songs were pretty much the same it was great just seeing them do them like that. If i remember correctly those two concerts were the first two HP concert dvds i got. I oredered them pretty much after i downloaded and watched them.

#26 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:52 PM

And yeah, starting the song with Sayu doesn't sound like a good idea - but it worked out pretty good.

I adore this type of comments about Sayumi! Full of love and with a venomous sting at the same time!!! :wink: (maybe because I LOVE Sayumin but I feel the same way sometimes..! In this concert she was shining though. She always does though...

My suggestion opinion about some Gumi line-up improvements:

Takahashi is energetic as hell > I'd like to see her in Otome
Kaorin is "heavy" > She would fit better in Sakura
Yossie kicks really hard > Otome
Sayu > Sakura (although she proved me wrong in the dvd)

Personal opinions! Don't flame me! Too late to change anything anyway!
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#27 (T)anaka (L)over

(T)anaka (L)over

Ero Senpai! o.o!!! ....MM=Super nosebleed! X

• Senpai
  • 3146 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:58 PM

Ah sakura gumi and otome gumi rocked ::D: ....can't stop listening to them... :D
[Signature larger than the forum limit has been removed]

#28 Ronin

Ronin

人生Bluetooth

• Senpai
  • 2095 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:01 PM

I agree with you with almost all changes. Especially Yossie looked a bit out of place for me, not saying she can't sing ballads, but I think she's the typical Otome gumi member. I don't know about Sayu, because of the first line she sang in "Yuujyou ~Kokoro No Busu Niwa Naranee~". Maybe anyone else could have done it better voice-wise, but that wasn't the intention there, it was more like catching the attention of the viewers and listeners. I was so surprised by it that the song appeared very interesting to me, it was a good move imo.

Don't break the Pocky in your hearts.

#29 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:06 PM

I don't know about Sayu, because of the first line she sang in "Yuujyou ~Kokoro No Busu Niwa Naranee~".

LOL!!! Like Megs and myself, it seems not many expected the poor girl to storm the stage! But what the heck, her performance in the OtomeGumi concert was, in my opinion, amazing and those intro words that you mention still bring a chill up my spine every time I watch the dvd! :c16: :c16: :c16:

#30 Ronin

Ronin

人生Bluetooth

• Senpai
  • 2095 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:13 PM

Yep, I was surprised or even shocked, but realized in the end, that without her singing the first line, the song wouldn't have attracted me so much. When I listen to the line now, it feels like it's Sayu's line, like no one could have done better. :D Love the song, even more than "~Ai No Sono-Touch My Heart!~".

Don't break the Pocky in your hearts.

#31 aibononomakesmyday

aibononomakesmyday

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:25 PM

i go with sakura gumi coz...

1. aibon's in it and...

2. im a sappy tunes kinda guy

so it really was a no brainer... ::D:
add Abe to my favorites, but my username still applies...

#32 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

1. aibon's in it and... 2. im a sappy tunes kinda guy

Why don't you go with otome? coz...
1. nono's in it and
2. their tunes are "sappy" enough :D

#33 aibononomakesmyday

aibononomakesmyday

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:35 PM

no, i love nono too. i just happen to love aibon more right now, that's all. ::D:
add Abe to my favorites, but my username still applies...

#34 ck2

ck2

BATE is something that I REALLY need to MASTER

• Banned
  • 1762 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:36 PM

I love both groups and all of their songs ~

But I listen to Sakura Mankai a lot , coz lyrics like "sukoshizutsu otona ni chikazuku" is hard to pronounce ~

#35 TheBlackTower

TheBlackTower

Reina & Sayu

• Senpai
  • 911 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:13 PM

teh 2 groups is awesome... idont know they make her own solo concerts...

seens pretty cool... try to found in the net
Posted Image

Thx C-ute4everMaimi for sig and ava :3

#36 konstargirl

konstargirl

Been liking Touhou since 07 B******

• Senpai
  • 2615 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:36 PM

1. aibon's in it and...

2. im a sappy tunes kinda guy

so it really was a no brainer... ::D:

I like it because of konkon and there songs. The songs are so cool that I heard of the rock version before.
Posted Image

Halloween!!!

#37 jangster

jangster

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 761 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:59 PM

I love Sakura Gumi. It's definitely my favorite H!P group after MM itself. Both Hare Ame Nochi Suki and Sakura Mankai were great singles. I really have a soft spot for slower songs. And besides, Sakura Gumi has all my favorite members except for Ogawa in it... Now that I think about it, I think Sakura Mankai was one of the first H!P songs that I ever heard, so it has a bit of nostalgic value to it as well.

As for Otome Gumi, I haven't listened to them all that much. Neither Ai No Sono or Yuujou Kokoro No Busu Ni Wa Naranee are not really my kind of stuff.
Posted Image

#38 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:05 AM

another reason why i really like おとめ組・さくら組 is their own versions of previous MM songs. i really like the 抱いてHOLD ON ME! (さくら組 Version). i get a kick out of that little "rap" part they threw in there! :D

Suspended Indefnitely

#39 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:38 AM

^Yeah, I wasn't too interested in the idea of the Gumis at first, but I really do like their re-makes they do. Otome gumi's Motto Miracle Night is one of my favorites. :D
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#40 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:50 AM

yah, i really liked the original Say Yeah! もっとミラクルナイト, but the fact that both おとめ and さくら got their own versions was awesome! :)

Suspended Indefnitely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users