Photo

Morning Musume Otome Gumi / Sakura Gumi (モーニング娘。おとめ組 / さくら組)

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#1 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:46 AM

lately i've been listening to a lot of モーニング娘。おとめ組/モーニング娘。さくら組. i really like these groups and how they are evenly split up.

i like おとめ組 because their songs are more up-beat and fast paced. at the same time i like さくら組 because their songs are slower ballad type songs. i think their contrasts and differences really compliment each other.

my favorite おとめ組 song is 愛の園~Touch My Heart!~. there's a lot of passion in this song! the interlude is pretty catchy as well!

my favorite さくら組 song is さくら満開. i also really like the little "rap" that's added in the さくら組 version of 抱いてHOLD ON ME!. Kago shows us her sweet rapping skills here and also in SALT5's GET UP!ラッパー. :lol:

i think that MM was at one of it's strongest times during the おとめ組/さくら組. it's awesome that they brought them back for the 10th Anniversary! i'm really looking forward to seeing that!

i don't know how long this thread will last; it seemed like a valid thread. i did a search and didn't find a specific thread for おとめ組/さくら組, so i'm sorry if i missed it. :c33:

Adventures in Japanmister.mori's newest blog entry:
Suspended Indefnitely

#2 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:01 AM

Both live DVDS (Sakura+Otome) were amazing. All four singles were stunning.

If I had to vote for one of the two (which I certainly don't have to do, thank goodness), that would be OtomeGumi. As you probably remember, mister.mori, I am a fan of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes (along with hundreds of other punk rock groups), so their faster approach won me over from the very beginning. Especially OtomeGumi's second single, which is, in its base, a Ramones rip-off, blew my socks off :w00t!: Only their costumes were somehow lame!

After listening to the OtomeGumi songs about a thousand times, I can say that nowadays I find more value in the SakuraGumi songs, which I had negelcted a bit back in the days!

I am confused, but it's all MM, so I don't care, they both rule(d)!!!
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#3 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:12 AM

Err... if you don't mind, putting all the names into Romaji would be nice :); To be nice for all those kiddies who can't read Japanese or who don't have it installed on their computer.

#4 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:12 AM

If I had to vote for one of the two (which I certainly don't have to do, thank goodness), that would be OtomeGumi. As you probably remember, mister.mori, I am a fan of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes (along with hundreds of other punk rock groups), so their faster approach won me over from the very beginning. Especially OtomeGumi's second single, which is, in its base, a Ramones rip-off, blew my socks off :w00t!: Only their costumes were somehow lame!

really!? i liked the all black & white outfits. the PV was pretty cool too. but over all i still like 愛の園.

Suspended Indefnitely

#5 Ronin

Ronin

人生Bluetooth

• Senpai
  • 2095 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:15 AM

Sakura Gumi is one of the reasons why I became interested in Momusu, so I've always favored sakura more than otome. But it's impossible to compare the two groups, because their style's so different. I'm more into slower songs, so I like sakura more, easy as that.

But I have to admit that otome gumi had the better outfits, the black & white ones were awesome.

Don't break the Pocky in your hearts.

#6 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:20 AM

Err... if you don't mind, putting all the names into Romaji would be nice :P; To be nice for all those kiddies who can't read Japanese or who don't have it installed on their computer.

if you're referring to the title, i put the romaji as the subtitle :) . if you're referring to my posts, then well...i guess i can keep the Japanese to a minimum. i'm just so used to switching over with my language bar so i usually use Japanese instead of romaji for song names. i expect most people to be able to at least recognize H!P song names. :P

Suspended Indefnitely

#7 sheep goat

sheep goat

Drinking maternities with Makoto and Yossi

• Senpai
  • 1682 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:22 AM

mm, but on older, slower computers and ones that don't have a Japanese viewing program (like my old one) the kana just appears as a whole bunch of boxes. They're really obnoxious, as well as making it impossible to read anything at all. Also, many people here have trouble reading Japanese, and some can't read it at all. :P

I agree about Otome having better outfits. I do sort of like those kimono dance costumes used in "Sakura Mankai," but the ones in Haru Nochi Suki something something (I can never remember the title! T_T) are absolutely dreadful. I love rainbows, so Otome gets the upper hand with "Ai no sono"'s costumes, and then those cute black and while outfits for "Yuujou" are simply fabulous, so I can't help but love it! Even if the song starts with Sayu. ::): Don't get me wrong, I love Sayu, but she's definitely NOT the girl with which you should start a song.
~Currently super dedicated to making the name Zucchini stick. Kanon <3~
Posted Image
I miss you both so very much.

#8 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:46 AM

my fav is OtomeGumi i like mister.mori i love the black and white outfits
and i with alienpyon i love their fast punk like toward their singles and plus to me
their live concert was 10 times better to me at least
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#9 jaclyn

jaclyn

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:05 AM

I don't see why mister.mori should have to change the way he posts with Japanese for a few people.

Back on topic, I really, really love Otome Gumi, and I can hardly stand Sakura Gumi. XP I am fond of "Hare Ame Nochi Suki" though. I prefer upbeat and faster "rock"ish songs, since that's the kind of music I was raised on. :o

#10 Megs

Megs

Kamei Eri

• Senpai
  • 913 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:17 AM

Although I love rock and punk(ish) music, Sakura is my fav out of the two. Although I loved Otome's outfits more, I thought Sakura's lil' kimono type outfits and the fans were awesome. I also think it's great they brought them back for the concert with (almost) all the orginal girls. And yeah, starting the song with Sayu doesn't sound like a good idea - but it worked out pretty good. I love both of them, but Sakura just ranks a bit higher for me.

#11 Mimi_girl

Mimi_girl

♥I'm a Shorta and Manga Artist♥

• Senpai
  • 3309 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:43 AM

I like Sakura Gumi because of their song Hare ame nochi suki song. It is better in the rock version (which is on youtube).

ヽ(✿╹◡╹✿)ノ  Visit my artsu pages! And remember the morals of life is SHORTA  

Deviantart Tumblr YouTube Official Art Channel Twitter

#12 konstargirl

konstargirl

Been liking Touhou since 07 B******

• Senpai
  • 2615 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:57 AM

I like モーニング娘。さくら組 very much. In fact I'm going to listen to one of there songs right now.

No wait.... I don't have there songs right now. DANG!!!!! :c06:
Posted Image

Halloween!!!

#13 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:16 AM

i think that what's great about both these groups; they can appeal to everyone. their singles were released at the same so おとめ組 will appeal to those who like the upbeat MM songs, and さくら組 will appeal to those who like the slower ballad type songs. and then there are people like me who enjoy both! XP although in general i think i listen to more おとめ組 than さくら組. but when i'm in the mood for さくら組, only さくら組 will do! :wink:

Suspended Indefnitely

#14 konstargirl

konstargirl

Been liking Touhou since 07 B******

• Senpai
  • 2615 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:21 AM

^ Wow. So you like them both right? Even if you like one more or something?
Posted Image

Halloween!!!

#15 Donald Duck

Donald Duck

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:31 AM

hmm i wonder if graduated members will be gathered in these sub-grup ?!?

wehehe

#16 Ero.Egao

Ero.Egao

SKINSHIP is my new favorite word.

• Senpai
  • 695 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:35 AM

I kinda liked Sakuragumi better. Probably because I liked everyone in the group, so I'm a bit biased there :rolleyes But Otomegumi was pretty good too. I really liked Ai no Sono. I just didn't think that it was the best choice to start of Yuujou with Sayumi...not that I don't like her, I just think they should've had someone else go first, and then her.

But then Sakuragumi had a lot of good singers. It took me a while to like Sakura Mankai because of the instruments, but I gradually began to like it. And I liked Sakuragumi even more after seeing the Sakura Saku concert.

My Fan Fiction Thread // MySpace // Photobucket
Thanks to the great SNIPER for my sig/avi!
Posted Image

#17 GoSh

GoSh

KARA SNSD Wonder Girls 4EVER!!!!!

• Senpai
  • 991 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:00 AM

Gyaaaaa I LOVE Otome Gumi en Sakura Gumi...why tsunku seperated miki & ai-chan TT.TT But my fave ofcourse Otome Gumi..their songs ROCKZ!!! makes me want to dance too..my fave Sakura Gumi song is Sakura Mankai ofcourse huhuhu

and Im so glad they re-joined again at H!P 10th anniversary Concert :cool
Posted Image

ava+sig : pleasilla@ssf+Agnes@ambn

#18 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:11 AM

sakura gumi was one of the few first MM experiences i had
they really caught my attention

otome wasn't as strong maybe bcasue i didn't think its theme could contrast to sakura's

sakura mankai is sitll one of my fav songs of H!P ever. and also the first PV (out of 2 PVs i have) that i downloaded

i really want to see another MM split groups like this, but since the size of MM went down by almost 40%, i don't think it'll happen again anytime soon, well i guess that's why sakura and otome are brought up again in the 10th anniversary, as part of the H!P legends

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#19 andrew_y

andrew_y

アンドリューの失敗

• Senpai
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:17 AM

Well, if you think about it, the Gumis were experimentation for the possibility of smaller overall MM (a point made in the Tsunku thread). The reason they may not appear in the future is because, besides the small MM now, that it seems to have been something more of a test. If MM gets bigger again, he may try it again, but you never know.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

#20 Noo-Gen

Noo-Gen

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:25 AM

I like both of the groups, but I guess I would have to say I like Sakura Gumi a little more. I guess I liked how relaxing they sounded. But...what do those square boxes in the posts above say? Is there something wrong with my computer?

The reason they may not appear in the future is because, besides the small MM now, that it seems to have been something more of a test. If MM gets bigger again, he may try it again, but you never know.

That would be nice...another ballad type group to fall asleep and relax to and a faster upbeat group to get you out of bed and gives you energy for the rest of your day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users