• Please log in to reply
437 replies to this topic

#41 Eryri

Eryri

Keeper Of The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:38 PM

I recognised that lead witch from another programme but couldn't place a name for her until Cotton Cloth said Christina Cole. Now I know where I saw her before, in the Sky 1 drama series Hex.

What is it about the Doctor and female monarchs? That's two he's upset now - Elizabeth I and Victoria. I wonder in a future episode it'll show him pissing off the current Queen.

#42 Eryri

Eryri

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:30 PM

Hmmmm a nice interesting episode tonight and the return of an old enemy last seen during Pat Troughton's days. Of all the races that I thought could make a surprise return (Yeti, Sontarans, Silurians) I just didn't expect the Macra to make an appearance.

Next week: the Daleks. YES!

#43 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:49 AM

I had a feeling they were old, even though I've never really seen them before. I'll have to google them. And here are my findings! :ph34r:

My favourite line(s) in the episode, and possibly this season so far was "He's mad!" - "That... and a bit magnificent!" (Something like that, anyway)

and I like how Martha just kept pestering the Doctor for answers (and is most likely going to keep doing so throughout the whole series)

My dad seems to think that the Doctor's going to eventually get so ticked off at the Daleks always surviving that he's going to go back to Gallifrey and do something about it, but that's just speculation.

And I always assumed that in the last episode of season 02 that when you saw the black Dalek say "Emergency tempoarl shift" that it was representative of all four of the Dalk high-council (or whatever the hell they were) also shifting.

Time will tell! <- No pun intended. (Not that it's really much of a pun, anyway)

#44 Eryri

Eryri

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 12:08 AM

DALEKS IN MANHATTAN - probably the best episode so far in the series. Not too sure I like where the story's heading though. Human Daleks WTF!

#45 Jonny

Jonny

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:48 AM

I've only seen the series with Christopher Eccleston. I need to watch the series with Tennant in. >_<

#46 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:30 AM

I've only seen the series with Christopher Eccleston. I need to watch the series with Tennant in. >_<

Yes, yes you do, you most certainly do!

And I thought the Dalek episodes were crap. (The two most recent ones, that is)

Nice to see that we get better introduced in to Martha's family next time. :blush:

#47 Eryri

Eryri

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:48 PM

Well at least this week's episode was a vast improvement on the crappy Dalek episodes. Thanks to Eurovision we have to wait 2 weeks until the next story which looks bloody amazing and we finally get to see the mysterious Mr Saxon.

#48 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:59 AM

Yeah, this weeks episodes was quite good, and the next one looks bloody brilliant.

And did anyone else think the preview for the next episode of Dr Who looked like it spanned several time periods?

And was that guy talking to Martha's mother the Master, or just one of his lackey's?

#49 Eryri

Eryri

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:55 AM

You're right, it does span several time periods including World War 2. I forgot to mention the return of Captain Jack in the next story as well.

I think the man talking to Martha's mother was just one of Saxon's (The Master?) lackeys.

#50 Pex

Pex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 900 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

For the record, the "Next Time" trailer wasn't for just the next episode, but the whole second half of the season. The next episode supposedly takes place on a spaceship. And Captain Jack is only going to be in the last three episodes of the season. The reason that they did a comprehensive trailer was because the show isn't going to be on next week because of the Eurovision song contest, and they made this one to whet people's appetites and tide them over until the next episode in two weeks' time.

You can find out more from here: http://gallifreyone.com/news.php (Yeah, it's a bit of a blatant plug, as I'm a moderator on that site's forum, but I couldn't resist...) :huh:

And yeah, the guy talking to Martha's mum wasn't Saxon, but from the way the episode ended, it definitely sounded as if it was Saxon who instructed that guy to approach her. ^_^
Avatar courtesy of the very talented Risa/Misa

#51 Eryri

Eryri

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:14 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Am I right in saying that they're promising the stories to get darker as the series progresses?

#52 Pex

Pex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 900 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:49 PM

I can't see them getting as dark as Torchwood was, but the second half of the season will probably be darker than what we've seen so far.

Taking the remainder of the season episode by episode:

42 - Could be darker, but not really sure. All I know about it is that it's set on a spaceship in another part of the galaxy. Could be some creepy alien menace stalking the crew, could be something completely different, hard to say.

Human Nature and Family of Blood - I read the book it was based on once, a long time ago, but I don't remember much about it, beyond the basic premise of the Doctor briefly becoming human. Some of Paul Cornell's other stuff was quite dark and engaging, so this one has potential in that regard.

Blink - This one is being billed as a horror story. Beyond that, I haven't got a clue, but if it's a horror story, it'll probably be darker in nature. I'm thinking at least as scary as The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances and The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit two-parters.

Utopia - I say will probably be an average episode, with a "hook" at the end to draw you in for the final two parter...

The Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords - THIS is where Saxon is going to show up. Could be a lot darker, but the real thing to remember is that RTD tends to go all-out for his season finales, and with the much darker Captain Jack and the Saxon plot, series three should definitely go out on a high.

#53 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:47 AM

This, to me, was very reminiscent of The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit - Even the space suit was the same, was it not?

and seemed partly inspired by SOLARIS.

and I think next weeks looks very interesting indeed! Can't wait for it ;)

#54 Pex

Pex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 900 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:55 PM

This, to me, was very reminiscent of The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit - Even the space suit was the same, was it not?

and seemed partly inspired by SOLARIS.

and I think next weeks looks very interesting indeed! Can't wait for it :good:

Yeah, the spacesuit looked almost exactly the same. One thing about Tennant, he seems to like dressing up in spacesuits, he's done it twice now! :blush:

Don't know if it's officially true or not, but I believe I read that this episode was set in the same time period as TIP/TSP. Kinda makes sense though, when you think about it, because the Doctor seems to be taking Martha to a lot of the same times and places that he took Rose. Both Rose and Martha have met a famous historical figure (Rose/Dickens, Martha/Shakespeare), been to New Earth, early 20th Century Earth, etc.

I've never actually seen Solaris, but this episode did remind me a lot of a Star Trek-style "possession by a sentient space object" story. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it was quite creepy in places.

Next week's scarecrows look very scary, should be a lot of fun. :GGRR:

#55 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:01 AM

zOMG, two-parter. Awesome! I was kind of thinking that it would've had to be, as there was no way they were going to resolve all that's been going on up to that point in one episode!

Can't wait to find out what happens next week, and I'm hoping they fill in all the plot-holes!

Hooray for Doctor Who. :(

#56 Charmy Risuzu

Charmy Risuzu

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:09 PM

"Human Nature" was truly a frightening episode for me.:)

Love, Charmy

#57 Eryri

Eryri

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:30 PM

One of the best episodes I've seen so far. Loved the references to Sydney Newman and Verity Lambert and of course the nod to Peter Davidson's era as the cricket loving Doctor. That Baines character is creepy as hell.

#58 Cotton Cloth

Cotton Cloth

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:57 PM

Just finished watching the latest episode. Wow! I thought the last two episodes were a great return to form for Doctor Who, but Blink topped them both.

The best episode of the modern era.

By far.

Scary, scary stuff!

BEWARE THE WEEPING ANGELS!
Posted Image

#59 Violetbutterfly

Violetbutterfly

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

todays dr who was so scary!!
is it me or were the shoddy angels actually really scary

although i would love to be caught by one coz u would never stay permanently dead how good would that be!

#60 Cotton Cloth

Cotton Cloth

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

todays dr who was so scary!!
is it me or were the shoddy angels actually really scary

although i would love to be caught by one coz u would never stay permanently dead how good would that be!

Yeah, those Angles were very, very scary. And not at all shoddy!

I was tempted to pull the sofa out from the wall just so I could hide behind it.
(probably too much dust, though)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users