• Please log in to reply
1955 replies to this topic

#21 wankyler

wankyler

~氷姫リヂアのマニアック~

• Kouhai
  • 615 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:22 PM

Um... Emergency...? My laptop hanged just now while seeding.... Now after restarting, i try to continue seeding but i i see myself seeding the same thing twice. Can anyone tell me how to stop it?
FYI, im actually not seeding right now. :lol:

Please help me... i wanna UL~ :crying . . . . . . XD

Edit: Ah.. it's fixed. But, anyone mind explaining why did it became like that? XD
Posted Image

#22 haku

haku

CEO

• Headquarters
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:32 PM

Its becouse the tracker didn't get any STOP message from your client. Then it thinks you still using that torrent and that is why you can't start another download (only one download / torrent). Every 30min the tracker remove idle peers.

But you said you was seeding it.... and users can use more than one seed / torrent... So don't know why you was rejected :/

#23 Gaijin24

Gaijin24

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:58 PM

A lot of people say that ButComet isn't good.Well it always worked fine for me. I dont have any problems.
Or can someone expain why other clients are that mutch better?

#24 wankyler

wankyler

~氷姫リヂアのマニアック~

• Kouhai
  • 615 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:58 PM

Every 30min the tracker remove idle peers.

I see... It's not a big deal then. :lol:
Posted Image

#25 Shirow

Shirow

ふかゆ

• Senpai
  • 3183 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:47 PM

Hey everyone, I was tempted to start a new thread with my problem but I thought it would be best not to step on anyones toes, if I'm doing something in the wrong place then please make me aware of it.

so... Ive got the torrent [Utaban - Mini_Moni - Ai~in Taisou (2002.05.02 subtitled).avi] which is on the front page... but its says (error - invalid passkey 0-)
Is there a problem with the torrent or am I just incompetent? any help/guidance will be appreciated.
Thanks.

mak.png

#26 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:32 PM

@Shirow: Double click on the torrent file in your Client and try adding this into the box,
'http://www.hello-onl...xxxxxxxx:xxxxxx'
Without the Quotes, as that might help.. I am not positive though.

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#27 Shirow

Shirow

ふかゆ

• Senpai
  • 3183 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:49 PM

I tried that with no avail, but I deleted the torrent file and tried again... and nows its working fine.
Thanks for the help anyway.

mak.png

#28 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:43 PM

Np for the help as that used to fix the problem before.. Should have suggested to re-dl torrent in the first place =P.
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.

#29 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:45 AM

Hey everyone, I was tempted to start a new thread with my problem but I thought it would be best not to step on anyones toes, if I'm doing something in the wrong place then please make me aware of it.

so... Ive got the torrent [Utaban - Mini_Moni - Ai~in Taisou (2002.05.02 subtitled).avi] which is on the front page... but its says (error - invalid passkey 0-)
Is there a problem with the torrent or am I just incompetent? any help/guidance will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Did you download the .torrent from another computer, then used another computer to download the content?

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

#30 Shirow

Shirow

ふかゆ

• Senpai
  • 3183 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:40 AM

Thanks.

Did you download the .torrent from another computer, then used another computer to download the content?

No it was from the same computer, but its all working fine now, so it was probably human error.

mak.png

#31 RhNinjaXe

RhNinjaXe

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:33 PM

I try uTorrent too,and it was a lot better.Thanks XD .However,i cannot drag all my other downloads from BitComet.Is there any way i can do it?
Summer Feel~
RhNinjaxe~

#32 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:41 PM

@RhNinjaXe: I could be wrong but you simply redownload the torrent and when asked where to download the file to, direct it to wherever you had BitComet dl it to and it should just resume from there... Again i could be wrong.

#33 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:04 PM

Sorry for the double post but i thought I'd bring this to attention.. Just recently.. all my H!O Torrents went red with the message that I need to switch clients... I am using uTorrent by the way and on my 'My Connection' screen everything says okay... Everything is still downloading/uploading BUT then I have the message of switching clients..

Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: ALthough I am still uploading... seems on my stats I'm not as nothing is shown...

EDIT2: Fixed.. had to change the Tracker to http's' ><, and also for utorrent would enabling 'Peer Exchange' have any conflict with accurate tracking of ratio's?

#34 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:46 AM

EDIT2: Fixed.. had to change the Tracker to http's' ><, and also for utorrent would enabling 'Peer Exchange' have any conflict with accurate tracking of ratio's?

From what I know (which isn't much :) ) PEX is the gathering of peers from peers you're currently connected to. Most private trackers I join say to leave it off, and also leave off DHT. The peers added to the swarm aren't members of the tracker therefore what you upload to them won't be counted towards your ratio.

yukirin.png
Thanks to BluCherri for the sig <3

#35 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:09 AM

Thought so, just wanted to ask.

#36 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:01 AM

I didn't want to create another thread so I thought I'd just post my responce here..

I was just going through my Profile and when checking stats of the Torrents I am Seeding...
I found something that is soooooooooooo bogus...
First Pic: List of what i am Seeding/Leeching:
Posted Image

Second Pic: Stats on Seeders
Posted Image

Notice in picture shows my name as a seeder for All Miki Fujimoto PVs , sad thing is.. I NEVER dl'ed it.. and it says I dl'ed + seeding it...
So I am not sure what the problem is... I just got bewildered when I saw this link and thought to myself.. When did I dl that? And checked my Client and didn't see it there.. So I am confused as to how the Tracker got that...

Along with if it happened to have affected my Ratio or not...

#37 haku

haku

CEO

• Headquarters
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:07 PM

You gived out your passkey here: http://www.hello-onl...a...st&p=195757
That peers IP match to this user: tiamatokun who have a delay for 32h. By using your Passkey he can use any torrent.

I reset your passkey, so you have to re-download all torrents again. (Or replace your old passkey with the new)

#38 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:59 PM

Oh... BLeh sorry about that

#39 aldrin

aldrin

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:31 AM

From what I know (which isn't much :P ) PEX is the gathering of peers from peers you're currently connected to. Most private trackers I join say to leave it off, and also leave off DHT. The peers added to the swarm aren't members of the tracker therefore what you upload to them won't be counted towards your ratio.

so does this mean that i should turn off peer exchange?

#40 haku

haku

CEO

• Headquarters
  • 710 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:51 AM

so does this mean that i should turn off peer exchange?

yes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users