• Please log in to reply
1955 replies to this topic

#1 haku

haku

CEO

• Headquarters
  • 710 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 10:12 PM

Troubleshooting thread, please read previous posts before you ask for help.

#2 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:07 PM

Thanks Haku for making this thread as it should at least try to stop others from creating similar threads which tend to just get locked..

But yeah as I explained on a few of them... Changing the Port is all you need to do opposed to why they are getting different errors/messages...

-Switch Client: They are already pointing you to the Solution, just switch over to uTorrent and you will be all good.

-Port Blacklisted: Simply change your Port Number/ Firewall setting (It isn't that troublesome taking into consideration as to you are downloading stuff for free)

Not sure what other errors there are as those seem to be the Common Ones that people created threads for...

And to note about the DHT being Disabled... Ehhh I guess you just have to understand how that works to begin with... And keep in mind that H!O is now a Private Tracker... as that is what separates Private/Public Trackers from each other. Is the fact that Public-> DHT Enabled, Private-> DHT Disabled.

If there are any other problems in relevance of this please Post them on this Thread OR PM Haku/ I/ anyone else who you think will be able to help you out. Opposed to creating Threads about it which will be reported/locked.

Thank you for reading this :D

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#3 Marta

Marta

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:36 PM

Domo arigatou!!!!!!!! You solved me loads of troubles I was having with my client! I tried for the first time downloading a torrent from this site, and while checking this threat, I found out about uTorrent, and also how to make the one and only download I've done by now from your tracker. Bitcomet was really giving me too much troubles, now it's everything fine, I will be able to seed better than before. Thank U!

#4 kawaii_suesse

kawaii_suesse

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:54 AM

uTorrent is just for Windows. :lol:
Any suggestions for Mac?

#5 andrew_y

andrew_y

アンドリューの失敗

• Senpai
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:52 AM

uTorrent is just for Windows. :lol:
Any suggestions for Mac?

BitRocket
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

#6 kawaii_suesse

kawaii_suesse

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:39 AM

uTorrent is just for Windows. XD
Any suggestions for Mac?

BitRocket

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded it, but when I tried downloading the Tracker Response said "Waiting For Reply." The file isn't downloading. I don't want to fool around in the preferences and mess something up. Help? :crying

#7 yukikusanagi

yukikusanagi

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:42 AM

Another one for Macs is Bits on Wheels.
Yoshizawa!! Ai shite iru!

#8 nosey

nosey

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:46 AM

My torrents won't move AT ALL. I thought it was just something wrong with my connection, but my other torrents that are not from hello-online.org are all downloading just fine. XD
I checked my port, and it's not blacklisted. I changed it anyway to see if anything changes but I got nothing.

So I thought I'd follow your advice and changed to uTorrent instead of the one I'm using now(BitComet).
And it's still not moving. It keeps saying 'Unable to map UPnP Port.'
I've checked and unchecked the 'Enable UPnP port mapping' option to see if it does anything, and i got that message again. I've also changed the damn port number back and forth and still nothing.

The status of my files are 'Downloading' instead of 'Connecting' which I always get on BitComet when I download from here. But I still get 0/0 peers and I'm stuck at 0.0% for weeks now.

Anyone who can help? :D

#9 haku

haku

CEO

• Headquarters
  • 710 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:00 AM

Have you tried encrypt peer-to-peer transfers in uTorrent?

Also try change the announce url from http:// to https:// if you haven't tried that already

#10 Ic3

Ic3

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:08 PM

Rechecked SSL tracker and it seems to work.. is there a way to set it so all torrents from now on will automatically default to that? Normal HTTP connection will give a Connection Reset socket exception when connecting to the tracker. Other torrents not from h!o aren't encountering this problem.

#11 Andy Chong

Andy Chong

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

i double that myself
can haku please add the https as alternatives tracker in all torrents uploaded?

and, btw i also just discovered, you can bypass this ISP blocking (the reason why we can't connect to tracker normally is because of ISP bandwidth shaping, this is one of their tricks), by using proxy for tracker connections, you can set it in utorrent settings

the only difficult part is to get a public proxy server that you can access, which is very hard to get by

so, the ssl tracker is still very important for some of us

thanks again for haku implementation of the ssl tracker

#12 Ic3

Ic3

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

I doubt my problem stems from ISP blocking tracker connections when large public trackers such as Pirate Bay and Mininova aren't affected.. Nonetheless, it's valid for other ISPs but proxying will cause the client to scrape port 0 as the incoming port which is invalid on h!o. Port 0 works on jph!p though.. Just some info, not that i wanna compare :unsure SSL tracker will be much welcome if we can set it to be default XD Maybe an option in the profiles such as the geolocation feature~ thanks ~

#13 haku

haku

CEO

• Headquarters
  • 710 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:54 PM

other trackers is not using port 80 to announce the tracker, as this tracker do. Maybe thats what makes other trackers work fine without ssl encryption.

Unfortenly I saw a big increase in server loads after I added the ssl tracker as a 2:nd alternative on the torrents. Well, this is becouse ssl connections is more heavy than normal connections and clients on peers who can use the original announce url go over have to use it use it too, so couses alot of loads.

Please change the announce url manualy, its not that big burdon for you. I'm working on changing from php tracker to c++ tracker and that way I don't need to use port 80 anymore, but it will take awhile to integrate it with all the sites features.

#14 nosey

nosey

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:28 PM

Have you tried encrypt peer-to-peer transfers in uTorrent?

Also try change the announce url from http:// to https:// if you haven't tried that already

How do I do that? :unsure Please forgive my computer-retardness. :XD:

I tried changing http:// to https:// multiple times and that didn't do the trick... XD

EDIT: I left my computer on overnight(something I usually do), and it seems that SOME of the torrents has magically started downloading in the middle of the night. Granted it only grew around 5% to 10% only, but I'm still wondering how it did that. XD It's back to it's idle state now though. And surprisingly, the torrent that suddenly downloaded is the torrent I'm downloading through BitComet and not uTorrent. Maybe it is just my connection that's screwed up.

#15 Andy Chong

Andy Chong

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:52 PM

i think it's the DHT that causes that
and bitcomet is infamous for ignoring the DHT disable flag in torrent files
but it's useless because you can only download from other bitcomet users who's also ignoring the DHT flag
which also diminishes your chances of downloading at all

i'm currently experimenting setting up a local proxy server and route all my tracker connections thru it, and change my connections headers with that proxy, i think it will work in theory, anyone else had tried that before?

#16 wankyler

wankyler

~氷姫リヂアのマニアック~

• Kouhai
  • 615 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:05 AM

"connection closed by peer" Can anyone help me understand the meaning of this? :huh
Posted Image

#17 rnwc

rnwc

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:36 PM

"connection closed by peer" Can anyone help me understand the meaning of this? :huh

Most likely it is tmnet crippling your connection. They may have noticed you using up a lot of bandwidth and is blocking your port. Another reason is that you may be allowing too many upload slots and torrents for your connection.

#18 wankyler

wankyler

~氷姫リヂアのマニアック~

• Kouhai
  • 615 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:09 PM

They may have noticed you using up a lot of bandwidth and is blocking your port.

I tried randomizing the port, but its not working. :unsure

Another reason is that you may be allowing too many upload slots and torrents for your connection.

I run only one torrent at a time. :huh
Posted Image

#19 Andy Chong

Andy Chong

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:16 PM

Most likely it is tmnet crippling your connection. They may have noticed you using up a lot of bandwidth and is blocking your port. Another reason is that you may be allowing too many upload slots and torrents for your connection.

TMnet? are you guys from malaysia? that's coincidence, though i don't live in malaysia anymore, i can tell you from what my friends there have found out, it's the streamyx that block the bittorrent connection based on user-agent header, which is the method most ISP uses these day

there are some ways to circumvent this, one is server based, and another is local based one

the server one would be the SSL method, this way, the ISP cannot block connection based on user-agent header since it's obfuscated

the other is to use a proxy the bypass the ISP, but public proxy is very hard to get by, therefore the only thing we can do is to set one local proxy ourselves and use that proxy to mask the user-agent field in the header. you can follow that from this thread at another forum http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/399896

#20 rnwc

rnwc

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:16 PM

It could. Try using a better PE-enabled client? You being in Sabah/Sarawak? doesn't help either since the cables there were already screwed up before the earthquake. Basically, Telekom is not able to handle the increase in traffic since they went allout in increasing their subscriber base last year, so an easy option out is to throttle their customer's bandwidth instead of spending the money and actually increasing bandwidth to cope with the increase in their subscriber base. Either way, we're screwed since Telekom is the only kid on the block.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users