Photo

[HPS] Ribon no Kishi - The Musical (subtitled)

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#41 pik

pik

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:13 PM

Thanks sooo much for the subs! It was really great and made the musical even better with the subs! All the songs were great!

#42 alterstar

alterstar

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:41 PM

I wanna watch the other version but it isn't subbed XD I hope they could upload the .srt or .ssa subtitle files if it isn't too much but the sub was great! watched the start but haven't finished it yet XD
Posted Image

#43 DrWorm

DrWorm

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:06 PM

I wanna watch the other version but it isn't subbed XD I hope they could upload the .srt or .ssa subtitle files if it isn't too much but the sub was great! watched the start but haven't finished it yet XD

From the torrent description:

And before someone asks, there are no current plans to release subs for the Matsuura / Tsuji / Nacchi versions. We also won't be releasing standalone subtitle files. Sorry!

#44 Airirin

Airirin

Konkon and Aichan fever

• Senpai
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:10 AM

I wanna watch the other version but it isn't subbed XD I hope they could upload the .srt or .ssa subtitle files if it isn't too much but the sub was great! watched the start but haven't finished it yet :P

The other versions have the same texte as the subbed one, so you just need to watch the subbed version once and then watch the others. Its the same! Thats what my friend did. She didn't understand anything but she watched the subbed version egnough to understand the others :XD:
BEWARE I AM A THIEF YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. AVOID ALL CONTACT WITH ME AT ALL COST.

#45 alterstar

alterstar

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:03 AM

From the torrent description:

And before someone asks, there are no current plans to release subs for the Matsuura / Tsuji / Nacchi versions. We also won't be releasing standalone subtitle files. Sorry!

sorry I didn't see that
Posted Image

#46 SeraphK

SeraphK

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:27 AM

Ok...now that we've thoroughly thanked HPS...I want to ask everyone, what do you think of each individual members performance??
Please call me Seraph. No need to type out the 'K'

Recent topics at Seraph's Sanctuary: Initial thoughts on PV; Wishing Well

#47 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:05 PM

Opinions of their performances, eh? Here goes:

Ai-chan: Stunning. She was fantastic! My favorite.
Yossie: I loved her performance. She was spot on! Third favorite.
Koharu: A nice surprise. She was better than I'd thought.
Makoto: Great, as expected. She's so funny!
Nacchi/Kamei/Tanaka/Nii Nii/Miyoshi/Okada: Very good. Very good indeed.
Charmy: Awesome! I loved her performance! Second favorite.
Everyone else: Fabulous! (I'm running out of adjectives here. XD )

Overall, I was really floored by how well everyone did. This was super enjoyable -- I'm saving up to buy it on DVD so I can watch it 24/7. Everyone did a great job in my opinion! :XD:
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#48 aldrin

aldrin

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:13 AM

takahashi ai -- she could go broadway! :c16:

fujimoto miki -- this witch really captured my heart... she wanted a soul ryt? i could give her mine XD

others -- they were really fantastic! they performed well that you wouldnt think most of them are amateurs when it comes to acting

i've watched a lot of musicals and i can say that this my second favorite, next to the Les Miserables broadway production

#49 SeraphK

SeraphK

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:12 AM

Hmm...I hope no one kills me for this later. These are only my opinions. (Let's start with the easy one's)

Takahashi Ai: Absolutely fantastic.
Yoshizawa Hitomi: Awesome, fun to watch
Fujimoto Miki: Scary...but in a good way, great to watch as well.
Niigaki Risa: She absolutely controls the stage when the focus is on her. Loved every bit of it.
Tanaka Reina: Cute, played her parts very well.
Okada Yui/Miyoshi Erika: (Since all their parts were together) Both did great, much more than I expected.
Michishige Sayumi: Very good, expectations exceeded by far and large.
Ogawa Makoto: Fun, excellent job, a good way to end her momusu career.
Kusumi Koharu: Overall pretty good, but I was expecting just a little more, I blame the way she had to play her parts.
Kamei Eri: (no one kill me for this please) I expected more of her. She still did good, but I thought she could have done much better.
Ishikawa Rika: I expected a little more, but taken into consideration, she did a fairly good job.

Overall it was a great production. Now I just want to see Ayaya and Abe in action. =D (Bought the dvd set XD )

#50 Ronin

Ronin

人生Bluetooth

• Senpai
  • 2095 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:27 PM

Everyone did a good job, but Aichan, Rika, Yossie and Mikitty really struck me, simply because they had the most important parts. I think every character fit the character of the person playing the role. Now I can't stop listening to the album, "Ribon no kishi" totally owns.

P.S. The Yossie-Miki duet was too awesome to describe in words.

Don't break the Pocky in your hearts.

#51 SeraphK

SeraphK

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:40 PM

Actually, one of my favorite scenes had to be Act 1: scene 2 with princess Sapphire, the Queen, and the King. Just the entire set up of that scene was absolutely perfect, from the costumes all the way to the songs, it was all perfect.
Probably most notable would be Princess Sapphire. Her gown is light blue, with white in front, with a light blue and red ribbon tying her hair back. Comes in carrying blue and red flowers, blue representing a strong heart, red representing sympathy. (I've probably already lost a few people, but I'm getting to the explanation ::D: )
So we know Sapphire possesses both a boy and a girls soul. A boys color is normally represented by the blue color, and inversely red for a girl. Hence her dress and ribbon, while she is a girl (red ribbon), she has to outwardly represent a boy (the blue dress), but she is still their child (pure and gentle, the white of her dress, also the white flowers she brings the queen when she re-appears as the prince). Also, the flowers meaning in the song. Blue to represent a strong heart, whenever she pretends to be a boy, she is always head strong and un-wavering in her goal. Red to represent sympathy, at the end, she chooses sympathy/forgiveness instead of revenge.
There's a little more I could explain...but I think that's enough...you all get the point lol!~ :S

Really impressed with the entire production.

ps=> I caught that all the second time around that I watched it. (My english teachers would be so proud lol!~ ::S: )

#52 num2son

num2son

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 282 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:11 AM

P.S. The Yossie-Miki duet was too awesome to describe in words.

I complete agree.

Also the guy, sorry i forgot his name, who played god and the king sang fantastic.
Kago Ai~"Only I can know the truth. Only you can know the real you."~

#53 Yuria-kun

Yuria-kun

forever love

• Senpai
  • 1171 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:37 AM

Ai-chan was really gorgeous in this. That Ribon no Kishi-song by her was just awesome. It seems like she put really much emotion in her role. Charmy was really good too, her voice was more powerful than before. And Risa was great as Nouveau (or however you spell it). She sounded really great in Tatakai no Toki, Eri sounded a bit weak to me in it. Koharu was quite weak too, she seemed too girly to be a boy. Yossie was just fit for her role. Miki was great, and the rest good.

Posted Image
always keep the faith

#54 Ero.Egao

Ero.Egao

SKINSHIP is my new favorite word.

• Senpai
  • 695 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:48 AM

Ai Takahashi - amazing. i was expecting her to be good, but she went beyond my expectations.
Hitomi Yoshizawa - she did the role well, considering the fact that i've never seen yossie do serious acting. the highlight has to be her duet with miki.
Miki Fujimoto - in the beginning, i was wondering what her role was gonna be since she wasn't in the first half of the play, but that first scene she did with yossie was amazing.
Rika Ishikawa - a million times better than i expected. she really portrayed the role well. it fits her (but i haven't seen the aya & nacchi ones...but i like rika still). she's generally known to have a weak voice, but she really impressed me.
Yui Okada & Erika Miyoshi - there little scene with the queen and sapphire really impressed me. i thought they weren't gonna have much to do in the play, but the one important scene they got was very good.
Koharu Kusumi - well...it was good. i can't say she was bad, but she wasn't very great either. kind of in between. i thought her little song advertising momusu was really cute :blush
Makoto Ogawa - great. really really good. absolutely fit for the role, and it had a bit of humor which is what i've always liked about makoto.
Reina Tanaka & Sayumi Michishige - i'll rate them as a pair. they were good. sayumi did a lot better than what i expected. reina was really great too.
Eri Kamei & Risa Niigaki - i'll rate them as a pair too. risa was really good in the Furara song, but i didn't notice eri much in that part. now in the scene where they played rika's soldiers, they switched positions. eri san amazingly for her part as the soldier, while i felt that risa was a bit too exaggerated.

and the two actresses from Takarazuka - i understand know why ai likes them so much XD

i have two favorite scenes:

1] the opening song when momusu where having a "reunion" before they got their souls.
2] ai singing "ribbon no kishi" theme was XD wow. great. loved it.

i hope morning musume could do another good play like that.

My Fan Fiction Thread // MySpace // Photobucket
Thanks to the great SNIPER for my sig/avi!
Posted Image

#55 Garamon

Garamon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1000 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:38 PM

I just found a quite positive and interesting review from a girl who apparently is more of a Takarazuka fan than a Momusu fan. XD

Edit: That Marcia woman who so eminently plays the queen, this is her isn't it? :huh

#56 mdk

mdk

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:54 AM

Yes its her. Brazilian :lol:

#57 aldrin

aldrin

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:59 AM

i have two favorite scenes:

1] the opening song when momusu where having a "reunion" before they got their souls.
2] ai singing "ribbon no kishi" theme was :blink: wow. great. loved it.

i hope morning musume could do another good play like that.

the opening song part was also my favorite...

i also liked the first song of ai with marcia -- the one about the flowers

#58 SeraphK

SeraphK

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:41 AM

Though this isn't part of the HPS, I'll put it here since it has to do with the musical.

So, I just received the dvd of the musical, that include all 3 versions (Ishikawa, Ayaya, Natsumi)...I've only watched the first act of Ayaya so far...and I must say... :c16: Ayaya as Prince Franz...secondly...I'm very disgruntled at the fact Ishikawa is taking Risa and Reina's parts *insert angry face here*....not to mention Risa and Reina do a much better job of it. But, still pretty good.

Ok, off to watch the other parts now. :(

#59 Chicchai

Chicchai

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:19 PM

I loved it! I'm happy that Ai-chan got the lead, she was amazing as usual. I'm also very impressed with Rika, she improved so much and it really shown on stage. Everyone else did great and it was put together really well.

#60 Mimi_girl

Mimi_girl

♥I'm a Shorta and Manga Artist♥

• Senpai
  • 3309 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:34 PM

The play was really good, but I think Ai did like the best next to Hitomi. Hitomi was really great with the guy part (I think it was guy :D). I loved the song Ribon No kishi and Sousou :c16:, Nozomi voice changed in Sousou (if you were curious of who was singing at the beginning).

ヽ(✿╹◡╹✿)ノ  Visit my artsu pages! And remember the morals of life is SHORTA  

Deviantart Tumblr YouTube Official Art Channel Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users