• Please log in to reply
21096 replies to this topic

#41 Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 2698 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 03:48 PM

one related question - how long do ppl usually wear braces?

I've never needed em... but some of my friends had theirs for YEARS....

#42 zone_abunai

zone_abunai

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 04:02 PM

for braces...,depends how bad it is...ranging from 1 - 7 years. i actually have a friend whos been
wearing for 7 years now. after that it's 2 more years of retainer, but for retainers you dont have
to wear them 24/7.

#43 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 04:43 PM

almost sound easier to go ahead and have crooked teeth i cant even think what be like to wear braes for 7 years then 2 years of retainer
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#44 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 04:47 PM

Braces and related teeth problems are never a fuss for H!P. Remember Nono and Aibon? :lol:

Well, as regards another related issue here, I must admit that possibly my previous comments on Aika might have been rushed.

She is still very young. That will change with time!
She is not yet "packaged and stylized" like the rest of MM. How cool was Miki when she first joined H!P?
She has not yet appeared singing with the group, so how can we actually tell if she fits in or not?

I remember when Koharu joined, a friend of mine was all "get her out, I don't like her" and I was the one telling him to wait and see. Indeed Koharu is going strong. Now Aika joins and I am the one jumping to early conclusions :blush

So, till we see some REAL action from her, we had better keep our big offensive mouths on hold!
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#45 Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 2698 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 04:56 PM

How cool was Miki when she first joined H!P?

well... pritty cool from what i've seen :lol:

#46 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

Looking to create H!O's version of the Wu-Tang Clan

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:10 PM

im gonna say it right now, the world needs another 8 nin single
Join the Wu!Project...Three Spots Still Open, PM for more information
Listen to the H!O Podcast at the thread!
http://www.hello-onl...?showtopic=6332
Or Go Straight To the Episodes!
http://helloonline.m....com/index.html <---- New Episode Every Saturday Night: Check Your Local Listings

#47 Evening Musuko

Evening Musuko

• Senpai
  • 2403 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:15 PM

Braces and related teeth problems are never a fuss for H!P. Remember Nono and Aibon? :lol:

Well, as regards another related issue here, I must admit that possibly my previous comments on Aika might have been rushed.

She is still very young. That will change with time!
She is not yet "packaged and stylized" like the rest of MM. How cool was Miki when she first joined H!P?
She has not yet appeared singing with the group, so how can we actually tell if she fits in or not?

I remember when Koharu joined, a friend of mine was all "get her out, I don't like her" and I was the one telling him to wait and see. Indeed Koharu is going strong. Now Aika joins and I am the one jumping to early conclusions :blush

So, till we see some REAL action from her, we had better keep our big offensive mouths on hold!

Well said. It's pretty amazing how many people often forget how different the momusu girls are when they first entered the group.

Also, about the whole kemeko comparison, maybe that's a good thing for Utaban. The hosts may take notice of this, get to know her better and that will probably make them open up to the other members as well! The show will be worth watching again!

#48 Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 2698 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:16 PM

what the world needs is world peace....
and as we all know... a 8 nin single is a great step towards unitet world peace anyways :lol:

#49 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:23 PM

I knew it would be her. Even though she wasn't one of my favourites, I set myself up for her to win because she just seemed the type that would.
Congrats to her, when she said about dreaming at the end I almost cried so I like her now ^^

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#50 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

Licensed Nailpolish Caddy for Matsuura Aya

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:52 PM

Cute is nice, but it's probably the least important aspect. That's what stylists are for.
Not the best singer? Well, she isn't gonna become a solo artist but a multi-girl band member (where not all can sing really good either :-).
Not the best dancer? Hey, she ain't going to appear in Swan Lake. And that's what dance and singing lessons are for.

Obviously Tsunku (who certainly isn't an idiot when it comes to these things) saw in her qualities that the others didn't have. Personality, stamina, the will to succeed and give up almost everything to make it. And last but not least she might be the one that fits in best with the group and the other members.

If I remember correctly, Kusumi wasn't everybody's choice back then either. But when Ayaya was asked in a Hello Pro Hour episode which H!P member she admired she - to my surprise - singled out Koharu.
Why? Because Kusumi was secure in what she was doing and the way she handled herself and the pressure (especially from the other girls and foremost Miki :-) She is one to stay.

And maybe that's exactly what Tsunku sees in Aika too, more than in any other of the applicants.

I haven't really followed the auditions, but I am happy for her and wish her the best of luck.

Call me the future Mr. Matsuura (after her inevitable divorce from Keita)
Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#51 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:04 PM

I'm still apprehensive...but then I think back to when Mari first entered the group and that terrible haircut she had and how lame she seemed--and look at her now! One of the best and most beautiful H!P members, full of personality and strength. So the more I think about it, the more I can see Aika turning out that way too. :P I can't wait until there's more official things released with her, regardless. (Proper photos, recordings, performances...the more I think about it, the less annoyed and more excited I get. ::lol:: )

#52 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

Became an AKB48 fan during his absence

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:17 PM

This thread's name should be changed cause it's not really a spoiler anymore

The new girl should have her own thread too

Mitsui Aika

FukumuraSig_zps01ca5087.jpg
(*^ ^*)

#53 Evening Musuko

Evening Musuko

• Senpai
  • 2403 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:22 PM

This thread's name should be changed cause it's not really a spoiler anymore

The new girl should have her own thread too

Mitsui Aika

Done! Now to fancy up the first post.

#54 qilver

qilver

Experienced Relational Coordinator

• Validating
  • 1477 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:26 PM

Congratulations to Aika-chan!

yeah...congratulations to Aika-chan, i was hoping for more girls selected, but we'll just have to take this audition results, anyhow, good for Aika-chan, she is our new MM girl.

#55 sLaVe4MM

sLaVe4MM

Thanks for The Memory, it's been more than beautiful.

• Senpai
  • 3502 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:38 PM

Yes, but somehow, if you noticed, their teeth got MYSTERIOUSLY better looking and straighter.... Invisilgn? I think so!

Anyway, I like Kei, so Im not even gonna compare Aika to Kei. Kei can sing and shes hehlarious. I dont like Aika's voice.
Unless she can pull a Kemei and a Niigaki with her voice *which means, unless she can improve* Im still bitter.

-sLAVe4MM

http://sweetkaramel....dex.php?act=idx

Pervy Thinkers Association >>LIFE ~ is just another story~2007/7/27<<>>Finally, I get to write again! Get yo KOREAN NEWS!<< CLICKIE ON THE PICIES! They take you to a new world :]

#56 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:43 PM

if i remember correctly, Tsuji had surgery for her's and Aibon's weren't that bad to begin with

(*^ ^*)

#57 protek

protek

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:49 PM

One thing about Aika... While she may be shy... She's got that SHINE that Yasuda had..

That SHINE!!! :lol: :P :P

#58 Evening Musuko

Evening Musuko

• Senpai
  • 2403 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:06 PM

One thing about Aika... While she may be shy... She's got that SHINE that Yasuda had..

TAKA-SAN AND NAKAI TAKE NOTE OF THIS!!! :D

#59 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:10 PM

TAKA-SAN AND NAKAI TAKE NOTE OF THIS!!! :D

When the 32nd single comes out, Taka and Nakai are going to have a field day on utaban, or they could just shrug it off

Taka's more into Miki anyway

(*^ ^*)

#60 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:15 PM

i must have been crazy to think i could've gone through today without reading who the new member(s) was. oh well... :P

i wasn't that interested in the 8thGen. auditions to begin with, because i've already chosen my favorite members and i'm ridiculously bias. the new members just can't measure up to the pros; unfair?...probably :lol: . but i will honestly say that Mitsui Aika stood out to me from the initial auditions. she wasn't "average"; she was unique. and that can be a good or bad thing (apparently it was good). so congratulations to her.

after the "finalists" were chosen, my top pick was Okumura Minami. i think she could've contributed a lot to MM and maybe she could've sparked my interest past the 6thGen. my interest in MM is slowly but surely fading away and the only reason i still am is because of Fujimoto and Takahashi.

ahem...sorry...back on topic. anyways, i think we should all give the new member chance to show us what she's got. for those who aren't really impressed with her right now (myself included), just give her some time and let's see how things go. Tsunku/H!P seems to have a talent for...hmm...bringing out the potential.

How cool was Miki when she first joined H!P?

Fujimoto was always a badass! :P (seriously though, check out her audition)

Adventures in Japanmister.mori's newest blog entry:
Suspended Indefnitely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users