• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

#281 rattrap316

rattrap316

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2424 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

Honestly.... I have no idea what the complaints are about...

I think it's just a few on the details that a different. And after a episodes, I will get use to it.

I truly enjoyed the episode. And it almost is the same as the original anime but a lot more prettier.

If people say it's too much of eye-candy, then I'd just ask them to give me their share.... Hahaha.

#282 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:57 AM

I really enjoyed it!! The transformation sequence is lovely. I really loved Usagi's cry-baby attack, I don't remember if it was in the anime original, but it was well done. 

The only complaint is that I wish there would have been more tension between her and Mamoru~ And why is he wearing a tuxedo in the streets lol.

But it's all so pretty, I love the Utena like art between the credits, I hope all Senshi have one of those. The art is manga-like obvs like they wanted it to be, I don't have any complaint I don't want it to be a replica of old SM, and it's prettyful and very 90s'. My only complaint is with the cats design lol because old Luna was prettier and they breached more from the original manga cats. But...it's nothing serious hehe. 

The music is still way better from the old anime, not only the opening but the ending and the background music. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#283 miyafan012

miyafan012

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 303 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

the transformation was disappointing tbh..and she does not look 14 but w.e i'm not crazy about the art but i'll continue watching.

Miyabi,Captain,Chinami,Risako,Haruna,Airi,Rikako,Saho Akari<3

Berryz the type of group you hate cuz your fave can't.

#284 rattrap316

rattrap316

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2424 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

yeah, you're right about the whole age thing.... way too mature looking.

what about the transformation you found disappointing? are you comparing it to the original?

#285 Americanotaku

Americanotaku

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:26 AM

I just figure, this is how Naoko Takeuchi wants it. It does fit the manga style more so compared to the manga it's on point. 

#286 miyafan012

miyafan012

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

The transformation just dint look as magical..just looked..so strange to me..not horrible just meh. I only only saw it once..maybe i'll start liking it later on..I barely remember it now since after seeing it i dint care to replay it.

Miyabi,Captain,Chinami,Risako,Haruna,Airi,Rikako,Saho Akari<3

Berryz the type of group you hate cuz your fave can't.

#287 Team_K_Oshi

Team_K_Oshi

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

Watched the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal. It's honestly disappointing. I was expecting something much more spectacular. The animation feels colder than the original. The voice acting is rather flat. The transformation was dull and looked rather amateur to me. There was nothing very magical about it. Also I don't see the point of doing the Dark Kingdom arc a 2nd time. Especially seeing as it is not even going to attempt to become its own thing like the live action did. The only thing that would make this worth watching is if Usagi and Mamoru have sex on screen at last. It is supposed to be more faithful to the manga so perhaps there's hope.

^x4 She never looked 14 to begin with. In fact none of them ever looked their ages. They give the girls way too long legs to look their age. Chibiusa herself is the closest they got to making one of them look her age.

My AKB48G Senbatsu (21nin): From AKB48: Takahashi Minami, Maeda Atsuko, Itano Tomomi, Kojima Haruna, Shinoda Mariko, Akimoto Sayaka, Oshima Yuko, Miyazawa Sae, Umeda Ayaka, Kasai Tomomi, Kashiwagi Yuki, & Watanabe Mayu <3  From Sister Groups: Matsui Jurina, Matsui Rena, Takayanagi Akane, Furukawa Airi, Kinoshita Yukiko,  Yamamoto Sayaka, Yamada Nana, Sashihara Rino, & Oota Aika My Next Generation AKB Favorites: Nagao Mariya, Muto Tomu, Iwata Karen, Tano Yuka, Natori Wakana, Omori Miyu, Aigasa Moe, Murayama Yuiri, Okada Nana, Nishino Miki, & Kojima Mako

#288 michikodesu

michikodesu

"Mama" is such an awesome word!!!

• Senpai
  • 1831 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

I've only watched the trailer, but I think it looks great from that. It looks a bit softer and it seems to flow better....animation-wise. The voice sounds right and, I dunno, I guess I wasn't expecting glitter and sparkles and fireworks. I was just expecting it to look how Takeuchi wanted it to look in the first place. I love the original (well, I don't think I should even call it the "original" because they strayed so much from Takeuchi's vision). I feel like this would be more original than the first 'release'. Hopefully this will be offered for foreign fans when/if it comes to dvd. 

I'm only 13 levels away from finishing this game so I either finish the game or make you wish I was never born!----Gaz

Posted Image

#289 rattrap316

rattrap316

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2424 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:50 PM

that's exactly how i'm looking at it....

i love the first release. it will forever hold a place in my heart.

i guess because i've already had a similar experience with this. teenage mutant ninja turtles of the 80's cartoon in comparison with the 2000 & current versions. the 80's ver. strayed so far away from the comics. and this generation's turtles are truer to the comics, i accepted both and love them for what they are. cause in the end, it's still ninja turtles....

#290 eRDe7

eRDe7

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

#291 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:51 AM

Man did I actually say the transformation was lovely? It's terrible. Mercury's was horrible. I don't have anything against the new design because it's closer to manga and what's the point of remaking the old design (even if I like it best), but why the fff the CG? Mars' seems a bit less awful but the CG was definitely not a great choice. I wish they would follow Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica's type of sequence, it's like you don't really need CG to make things pretty. I also wish the music in the transformation would be a little more...transformation-y. 

I am torned between thinking the character development was great or it was pretty bad lol, I enjoyed the 2nd episode though. It's like rattrap says, I will probably enjoy it anyway, even if I find flaws and all, it's Sailor Moon after all.  I admit I missed the floppy disks lol. And is it just me or sometimes their faces seem a bit...low budget? 

What I found a bit blah is Mamoru/Usagi, I wished there was more childish Usagi and Mamoru would be more of a tease, and what's with the tuxedo by daylight aaahh. Ah I already wrote this lol but it's so annoying. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#292 rattrap316

rattrap316

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2424 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

So, second episode.... Oh man... I've loving Ami.... Smart girl with glasses... Such a sucker for those. Hahaha.

I never followed the manga so my question may be a bit silly but what happened to tuxedo mask's trademark entrance (with the rose)?

Man, it sucks we have to wait 2 weeks for the next one....

Also, I think I know what you mean about the transformation sequence.... We're use to having that old theme song playing as they change, right?

#293 arcothewonderdog

arcothewonderdog

6th gen member

• Validating
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

I watched it as well, and I love Ami's new voice, she's so cute! But not annoyingly so, either. Perfect.

Crystal's got pretty art, but somehow I still yearn for the old series. Even though it was so off from the manga, it was great in it's own right, so funny, charming and goofy! So far, to me, this new series kinda cold to me, but hahaha, I'm so keeping up with it, flaws and all!

And I also wish there was more childish Usagi and tease Mamoru. They tuxedo in daylight is still odd as well lol~

It's like, suddenly, seeing the manga in anime form, you see how even as great as the manga is / was, the anime still definitely had it's great points as well.

I also like how they gave Usagi a few episodes, in the original, to hone her persona as Moon and find herself a bit more, before throwing Ami and Rei into the mix.

#294 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:02 AM

I don't recall if this happened in the manga, but I thought it was a bit "huh" when after Sailor Mercury attacked she yelled "now, Sailor Moon!". Like how does she know Usagi is the one that finishes them off lol. 

And yes, there was more development. I wish Venus would have been introduced more quickly in the anime though, we had so many fillers with the others, and her being my fave and all~ Well she has her own manga. X3

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#295 michikodesu

michikodesu

"Mama" is such an awesome word!!!

• Senpai
  • 1831 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

Is anyone still watching Crystal? Episode 11 comes out on the 6th of December. To be honest....I like this version more than I liked the 90's version. It's more precise and detailed and I think the character development is on point. I mean, by the 10th episode of the older version, we still only had Moon, Mercury, and Mars. This time around they went to the moon by the 10th episode (that would have been like episode 30 or something like that). 

And I also like that we can watch it on Hulu as they come out and we don't have to wait half a year to see it!!

I'm only 13 levels away from finishing this game so I either finish the game or make you wish I was never born!----Gaz

Posted Image

#296 thennarynak

thennarynak

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:05 AM

I get up early on the Saturdays SMC airs so I can watch the latest episode as soon as I can. Didn't think I would still be doing that after so many years. But I have been enjoying SMC for what it is, a more faithful adaptation of the original manga series. I am really curious on what they plan on doing with the four kings though, as they were all killed off at this point in the manga. 

Also I'm glad that they plan on also doing Sailor Moon R with SMC. I always liked Pluto and she played a much larger part in R's story in the manga than she did in the original anime so I look forward to seeing more of her. I just hope the series gets renewed after the initial 26 episodes so it can do the rest of the series as well.

*~*~Lover of Japanese and Geek culture. ~*~*

Thennary Speaks - Blog ... Youtube Channel

#297 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:46 PM

I HAD NO IDEA SAILO MOON HAD A THREAD OMG! 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#298 Venus92

Venus92

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

^^^ I'm still watching it and I love it! Can't wait for the next ep ^_^

I was a big fan of the old anime (I still love it) but I'm so happy they are following the manga better this time around.

Only critique I have, and have had since the beginning, is the CG transformation.

^^ I really hope they'll continue and do all the arc's, but I guess it depends on recourses and how popular SMC is. How much money it brings in etc.

Still, I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Fukuhime, Koharu, Berryz

forever in my <3

Soyw8wdo.jpg

Congratulations to the Princess on becoming the new Queen! Long may she reign!

#299 thennarynak

thennarynak

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:53 PM

^I hope they do all the arcs as well. They certainly are putting out enough merchandise still that it has to be helping with those sales, and hopefully that will be enough to continue with SMC.

*~*~Lover of Japanese and Geek culture. ~*~*

Thennary Speaks - Blog ... Youtube Channel

#300 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:05 AM

I love how the anime is keeping true to manga in terms of the story, something which I really missed from the previous anime but I have to say those transformations are so ugly. It just looks really weird in that 3d, rather than do that they should've improved the original transformations or added more it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users