• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#21 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:30 PM

cool thanks let me know when you do get around and get them up i never seen them yet XD
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#22 Cotton Cloth

Cotton Cloth

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 523 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:20 PM

cool thanks let me know when you do get around and get them up i never seen them yet XD

They still have batch torrents up at TV-Nihon, I just checked and they're still being seeded.

http://tvnihon.dragoneye.ca/
Posted Image

#23 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:24 PM

cool thanks i check them out then

*starts to sing* a download i will go :lol:
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#24 Shino

Shino

Domo-kun will eat YOU!!

• Senpai
  • 501 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:15 PM

i watched shinobi too... and i thought it was live action naruto! ::lol::

I'm so getting Shinobi this weekend... :w00t!:

There's some rumors about Dragon Ball Z live action for a long time, but until now, nothing confirmed. The trickiest special effect to make, however, would be reproduce Goku's hair... now, THAT would be a hell of a special effect... ::lol::
I'm going to live all my life untame!

#25 aibononomakesmyday

aibononomakesmyday

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 382 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:41 PM

yeah from normal to ss4. :lol:

wish they would really do one. i'll definitely watch that.
add Abe to my favorites, but my username still applies...

#26 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:01 AM

i think fushigi yuugi would be a good series to bring into live action as a taiwan or chinese tv drama it has all the right elements XD

#27 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:19 AM

I'd love to see Bleach as a live action. I've seen the musical but that's, well, different.

Although, Kubo Taito did say that if it was something that could be reproduced in real life he wouldn't have made it a manga to begin with.
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#28 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 05:32 PM

there is a live action dragonball

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122050/

pretty funny but cheesy at the same time :)

also goku made an apperance in an hk movie called future cops which has street fighter characters in it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106545/

#29 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:15 PM

there is a live action dragonball

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122050/

pretty funny but cheesy at the same time :lol:

also goku made an apperance in an hk movie called future cops which has street fighter characters in it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106545/

I've seen a bit of the live action Dragonball when it was aired on one of the spanish channels here. Really hilarious!! :lol:

#30 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:52 AM

You're Under Arrest Live Action!!!! Itoh Misaki and pleasant surprise being Hara Sachie (as I never knew of her until that drama might watch some other stuff she's in any suggestions?).

GTO, Gokusen, Kuitan and Dragon Zakura might not count as they went from manga to drama to anime (except for Kuitan and Dragon Zakura which have no anime I know of).

XXXHolic if nothing else just to see who they'd get to play Yuuko. Hopefully they have a higher budget than Sailor Moon to do Mokona. Sailor Moon had a stuffed cat for a lot of the scenes.

For the most part though anime/manga live action seems to do better in a drama series since there can be more plot development. Movies kind of squish everything together although not having seen the anime prior I thought Sukeban Deka (Ayaya and Rika in leather! and seifuku), Nana and Saikano were decent adaptations. Nowhere near as terrible as Prince of Tennis was. Aside from some special effects and Ryuzaki not being a grandma it wasn't good.

#31 penagih_dadih

penagih_dadih

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:08 AM

hurm..most of jdramas now are based on anime/manga [live action in other word]..
just we dont know since we not very aware with anime/manga world [esp me :)]
we just know the existence of the anime/manga just after we watch its live action drama/movie..
if we try to list down live action n compare with drama that now based on any manga/anime i'm sure that more drama are based on anime/manga
n moreover,most of the live action got a big rating..such as..hanakimi..yamada taro..kurosagi..LIFE..honey n clover..n more..
but still are some that dissapointed us such as jigoku shoujo,mahou sensei negima n etc..
huhu..that's just my own opinion.. :lol:

btw..if there's a chance for me to choose which anime would be the next live action..hehe..they will be..

one piece
yakitate japan
ouran host club
gantz [its ok if the is no mature content XD]

#32 Madcatz

Madcatz

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 364 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:46 PM

Ghost Hunt, THat will me nice.................. Put Erika Sawajiri as Mai <_<

#33 RyuBatsu

RyuBatsu

Mugen RyuBatsu VJ_Ego

• Senpai
  • 601 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:27 AM

i want to see Yakitate Japan to be live, One Piece and Naruto. I also like to see Ranma 1/2 and Bleach into live action.

SOme Anime turned live is not good especially when it is westernized. :(

#34 PrincessHoney

PrincessHoney

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:27 AM

i want to see Yakitate Japan to be live, One Piece and Naruto. I also like to see Ranma 1/2 and Bleach into live action.

SOme Anime turned live is not good especially when it is westernized. :(

Oh my goodness, I would give anything to have One Piece made into a good quality live action film or dorama~

I just saw part of the Gegege no Kitaro live action film and it's incredibly good~! Wentz Eiji, who played Kitaro, did quite an excellent job~

#35 fr0d0b0ls0n

fr0d0b0ls0n

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1027 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:48 AM

Monster

I can't think another manga that deserves it more...

Aichan - Kamei - Riho - Kaedy - Sakura - Maachan - Fukuchan - Ayumi

#36 Danji

Danji

Why is it that I can NEVER recognize Michishige!?!

• Senpai
  • 683 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:11 PM

Ghost Hunt, THat will me nice.................. Put Erika Sawajiri as Mai <3

If you haven't watched the three seasons of Trick, I recommend them. They're a bit old, but they're also very hilarious. It's no Ghost Hunt... but it fills a nice void. ;-)

I agree with a LA version of both Naruto and Bleach. I'd like to see a LA versions of GoldenBoy, Shura no Toki and perhaps Rurounin Kenshin.
Posted Image

#37 mangomalte

mangomalte

"blame" invis for that ^

• Senpai
  • 3574 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:15 PM

Anybody here seen the Jigoku Shoujo Live Action Drama?
I've seen the 1st ep it's kind of a so-so (when it comes to some special FX) but it's nice to see those people from hell do their job in the flesh :lol:

"So-so" is a polite way of putting it.
Awful, embarrassing, stupid and pointless are some other words which spring to mind.

lol, yeah. i saw the first episode of the anime, sounded like it could be a cool anime. after i had watched the first episode i was like... oooookay. just seemed so utterly pointless and stupid.

Ghost Hunt, THat will me nice.................. Put Erika Sawajiri as Mai :good:

Ghost Hunt... i haven't seen it, but i can imagine that it's good since the novels are written by Fuyumi Ono, the same author that wrote the The Twelve Kingdoms novels. and man, it angers me that she stopped writing those... The Twelve Kingdoms is definitely one of the best series i've ever seen.
i really should check out Ghost Hunt. and Erika Sawajiri is a good idea in any movie. :lol: almost.

now, about a movie that is actually going to be made, a movie i've been anticipating for a long time, James Cameron's next masterpiece: Battle Angel! :D
i really recommend both Battle Angel Alita and Battle Angel Alita: Last Order (especially the latter), those mangas are just brilliant. though there are quite some blood and probably even more brains in it.
i really can't wait to see the cast and the trailers and all that. and the fact that Alita will be fully CGed makes is so much more interesting. ^_^ i trust Cameron. he'll make an awesome movie.

someone came up with the brilliant idea to have Willem Dafoe star as Desty Nova. i think he'd do that part perfectly!
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image
my last.fm ・ visit #risa @ efnet.org

#38 Madcatz

Madcatz

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 364 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:02 PM

@ mangomalte
Well i really recomend you to watch.....its both funny and scary especially some of the chapter of their case and i bet there will be season 2 coming i am sure of it. As for Erika Sawajiri, i choose her as Taniyama Mai is because she look perfect as mai plus Sawajiri looks good in shot hair (like in 1 litre of tears). All she have to do is to buff up her acting skills of comedy and scared face expresion. Plus the live series must be as scary as the RING

Taniyama Mai
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sawajiri Erika
Posted Image

#39 aiaiai~003

aiaiai~003

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:22 AM

zero no tsukaima will make a nice live-action...

Posted Image
MINJa. ~BOMbshell. ~CLassified. ~DARling.<3

#40 Vinya

Vinya

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:40 AM

two words:

EXCEL SAGA

well...if done right...could be the most hilarious and surreal thing ever. It'd be neat to see how it would be interpreted for live action....and why is it that I can picture Mari Yaguchi as Excel? :x

On the other hand, it could also turn out to be complete and utter crap :angry:

I'd really like to see Magic Knight Rayearth adapted for live action (based on the manga). Live action Mokona! yay!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users