• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 kitamurafan

kitamurafan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:39 AM

Lots of live action movies get made from animes. As a screenwriter I sometimes think of certain anime titles that would make good live action movies. I have a few suggestions but I'm curious as to what you would like to see as a live action movie.

Here's my picks:
Armitage the Third - James Cameron needs to do this one.
Silent Mobius - I see it as a three hour epic. I think of it as a supernatural Bladerunner. The anime has awesome visuals that would translate well to film.
Najica Blitz Tactics - Take out the panty shot elements and cheesecake aspects but still keep it fun-loving and it would be a nice companion franchise to James Bond.

Any other thoughts?

Cody L. Martin -  author and freelance writer

Twitter: @codylmartin1701

#2 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:27 PM

i like to see slayers turn in live action it could be a trigoloy
one for each season

and another good one would be ghost in the shell
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#3 sylpolicia

sylpolicia

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:21 PM

I would have to say Naruto... XD I wonder how they will make the special effects for their ninjutsu and taijutsu..... :lol:

#4 Shino

Shino

Domo-kun will eat YOU!!

• Senpai
  • 501 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:16 PM

I think the shounen action types are quite difficult to turn into live action, like Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball, etc...

With this in mind, I would like to see as a live action:

-Rurouni Kenshi (or Samurai X): it has action and fights, but it has humor, romance and a deep story. It has everything that a good story needs! There is several dramas and movies about samurais, but RK is more about the beginning of the modern era with a living legend from the past. It would be great to see how they would reproduce Kenshin's techniques... :lol:

-Captain Tsubasa: actually, there's Shaolin Soccer, a chinese movie which already shows football with special effects, but I would like to see the anime version of it, with less special effects and more actual play, like dribbling and passing.

-Akira: Classic! I just would love to see the movie as a live action! I never get tired of Tetsuo's crazyness! :w00t!: :XD:
I'm going to live all my life untame!

#5 konstargirl

konstargirl

Been liking Touhou since 07 B******

• Senpai
  • 2615 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:24 PM

I will love to hamtaro, Ranma and pokemon live action together. They will be singing and stuff.
Posted Image

Halloween!!!

#6 kitamurafan

kitamurafan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:05 AM

Since Shino mentioned Akira I thought I'd share this pic in case they ever did a live action: concept_bike

And to sylpoliciathe movie Shinobi with Yukie Nakama and Joe Odigiri reminds me a lot of a live action naruto with all the ninja special effects they do in it. A really good movie if you're able to see it. Has English subtitles.

#7 Shino

Shino

Domo-kun will eat YOU!!

• Senpai
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:32 PM

Since Shino mentioned Akira I thought I'd share this pic in case they ever did a live action: concept_bike

And to sylpoliciathe movie Shinobi with Yukie Nakama and Joe Odigiri reminds me a lot of a live action naruto with all the ninja special effects they do in it. A really good movie if you're able to see it. Has English subtitles.

Nice pic, thanks kitamurafan! I already heard about that, but I never saw the picture before. I think they could sell the bike for some hundreds of thousands of dollars... :rolleyes

And this movie, Shinobi, I think I already heard of it... maybe is this the one that Ayumi Hamasaki did the opening? Now that you mention it has some Naruto-like special effects, I want to watch it! ::lol::
I'm going to live all my life untame!

#8 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:32 PM

A live-action Akira would be brilliant!! But those scences near the end would be hard to do graphically i think...it'd need a pretty decent budget otherwise it'll just look silly.

There's rumours(and even some apparent official ideas of cast involving Shirota yuu as Takashi!)but Ouran High School Host Club would be great!! But that'd have to be a series

If done well, mai-HiME might work well, again I'm not sure how it'd work in a movie situation...

err...*tries to think of other animes* I would say a Sailor Moon movie, but that's kidna been done. But it could always be done again!!

Maybe Azu-manga DAIOH, that was a great series and could make a really funny film! Maybe even Yostuba&.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#9 kitamurafan

kitamurafan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:54 PM

You are right Shino. Ayumi Hamasaki's song "Heaven" is the ending theme for Shinobi. An awesome movie if you get a chance to see it. And the song is awesome too.

#10 reyfer

reyfer

Forever grateful for having Sayumi and Morning Musume in my life

• Senpai
  • 3708 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:05 PM

i like to see slayers turn in live action it could be a trigoloy
one for each season

and another good one would be ghost in the shell

The Ghost in the Shell part of your request has already been done: if you read the Wachowsky brother's story about how they came up with The Matrix, they plainly say that they wanted to make Ghost in the Shell. They even went into the production offices, during filming, with copies of the Ghost in the Shell manga and anime, telling the FX guys "this is what we want to do". So technically, Matrix is Ghost in the Shell XD
Posted Image

#11 attosaibu

attosaibu

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:25 PM

Have you watch You're Under Arrest Live Action??

I think it's better than the anime. Coz in the action you can see Misaki Itoh.hehehe XD

Watching this movie, make me laughing out loud. So, you should watch it without any snacks..hehe

Posted Image

Sssst...... She's asleep don't wake her until I come to rescue her by my kiss. ^_^

#12 kitamurafan

kitamurafan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:15 PM

Have you watch You're Under Arrest Live Action??

I think it's better than the anime. Coz in the action you can see Misaki Itoh.hehehe XD

Watching this movie, make me laughing out loud. So, you should watch it without any snacks..hehe

Yep. I've seen the live action You're Under Arrest. It was really good. I loved watching Misaki Ito as Natsumi, who was my favorite character in the anime. I tend to like the anime a little better because they showed the character's personalities a little more: Miyuki was more of a motorhead in the anime, Natsumi was more of a hothead (and REALLY REALLY strong). They toned it down a little for the drama but it was still awesome and hilarious. I loved it in the live action where they are arguing with the speeder and Natsumi rips off his steering wheel. That would shut me up too!

#13 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:50 AM

azumi translated good into film i think ;). heard galaxy express is being made into live action in hk. i honestly think animes with more extreme fighting scenes would not work out to well like naruto or dbz cause the majority or affects may come out to look cheap. seems to me that animes that go onto live action that work well are ones with less action and more comedy material or romance. animes with samurai should work out well too.

#14 GeN_GiM

GeN_GiM

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:05 AM

Anybody here seen the Jigoku Shoujo Live Action Drama?

I've seen the 1st ep it's kind of a so-so (when it comes to some special FX) but it's nice to see those people from hell do their job in the flesh ;)

How about live action for Gundam (yep I've seen a Gundam Live Action Movie made by Americans)?
That would be nice...

#15 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:46 AM

nice pics patachu.
the live gundam movie was a piece of crap.

#16 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:56 PM

now i for one like these pix by patachu
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#17 Cotton Cloth

Cotton Cloth

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:34 AM

Anybody here seen the Jigoku Shoujo Live Action Drama?

I've seen the 1st ep it's kind of a so-so (when it comes to some special FX) but it's nice to see those people from hell do their job in the flesh :lol:

"So-so" is a polite way of putting it.

Awful, embarrassing, stupid and pointless are some other words which spring to mind.
Posted Image

#18 aibononomakesmyday

aibononomakesmyday

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:44 PM

i liked the live action sailormoon. sailor mercury was cuteness personified. :c16:

i watched shinobi too... and i thought it was live action naruto! :XD:
add Abe to my favorites, but my username still applies...

#19 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:55 PM

i been trying to find the live action sailor moon so far unable to find any of the episodes less alone sub episodes :crying

does anyone know where i can find them
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#20 aibononomakesmyday

aibononomakesmyday

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:03 PM

i got everything burned in dvds. quite long though... i'll work on it and put it up... someday... :XD:

gomen, im a bit of the slacker...*hides*
add Abe to my favorites, but my username still applies...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users