sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:43 PM

i like the anime style of drawing like in

All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku

great old school anime :lol:
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#62 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:40 AM

@sailormari

nuku nuku was a great anime. i only watched the 6 part version of it. my cousin has the pvc figure of nuku and it looks pretty cool.

#63 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:58 AM

thats cool i have firgures of the orignal dirty pair they stand about 9 inchs tall
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#64 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:31 PM

wow sounds cool i liked dirty pair totally forgot about that anime hehe.

#65 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:29 PM

yea dirty pair from mid to early 80's is real old school :lol:
then they remake the dirty pair i think in 93 dirty pair flash not
as good as the orignal pair was

but my fav was the warren comic book from dark hourse his version was the sexy
and the most deadiest pair to day XD
Posted Image

#66 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:34 PM

guyver counts as old school right? man i remember wishing that i had a guyver unit as a kid. plus there was the live movie with solidsnake in it so it wasnt really hard to imagine being guyver cause there was a suit.
Posted Image

#67 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:00 AM

guyver was old school it came out back in 1985 i think
there a new 2005 version but i never seen it
and back in the 90's they did some live action movies with Mark Hamill(luke skywalker) of
all people :lol:
Posted Image

#68 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:03 AM

david hayter AKA solidsnake was in the sequel. guyver kicked major zoanoid butt.
Posted Image

#69 yoga

yoga

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:20 PM

Ranma 1/2

#70 Cotton Cloth

Cotton Cloth

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 11:38 PM

Probably most of you have never heard of it, but the first anime to ever get serious airplay on western TV (long after it had disappeared from Japanese screens) was Marine Boy!

Posted Image

"It's Marine Boy,

Brave and Free!

Fighting evil 'neath the sea.

He is a boy, a very special boy

Powered by propeller shoes, flying Sub ahoy!

Whooshing through the water on a friendly dolphin's back

Racing to the rescue of victims of attack.

In a flash, he'll foil the foe

With a quick boomerang throw!

Loyal friend of the sea to the end

Is our Marine Boy."

Doo doo doo doo doo etc.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#71 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:08 AM

hey i remember Marine Boy wow i totally forgot about that show not my favourite but brings back memories XD

#72 konstargirl

konstargirl

Been liking Touhou since 07 B******

• Senpai
  • 2615 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:15 PM

I like Ranma 1/2 as my favorite old school anime. Me and mimi_girl bought the last volume of it yesterday. Its about when Akane gets married.
Posted Image

Halloween!!!

#73 rentaro

rentaro

The Devil You Know

• Senpai
  • 1236 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:50 PM

Aw man, this thread makes me feel old, especially since anime like Dragonball first came out when I was in High School...

The original Gundam series was one of my favorites growing up as well as Gatchaman, but my favorite of them all was, and still is, Space Battleship Yamato! It even influenced me as to which branch of the military I joined. I even served on a battleship as my first duty station because of it, even if it was just for a short time.

#74 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:50 PM

I like Ranma 1/2 as my favorite old school anime. Me and mimi_girl bought the last volume of it yesterday. Its about when Akane gets married.

are you talking about the show or the manga?

i assuming the manga because in the tv show last episode was with ranma's mother
but i though in the end of the manga strongly implies that Ranma and Akane will marry once they have sorted out their personal affairs
Posted Image

#75 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:34 AM

Also gotta pay my respects to the Macross film, "Do You Remember Love?," as well as Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets,) Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazers,) Captain Harlock, and old super robot shows like Mazinger Z, Raideen, and the Getter Robos. Now that's old school. Hahaha.

Amen, brother, amen. (Never heard of the last two, though) And what about Captain Future?

Let's not forget Captain Tsubasa ::lol::
Posted Image

Is that Sports Billy!? :huh I'd so forgotten about him.

But my answer would probably have to be... ~~~Ma-ku-ros~ Ma-ku-ros~ Will you love me tomorrow?~~~ But really, if not for Robotech, wouldn't have the foggiest about Macross - Have them both on DVD, anyway.

Do Ulysees 31(sp?) and Mysterious Cities of Gold count!? I guess not, seeings that were both Japanese/French, and not strictly Japanese (as is my understaning)

#76 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:43 AM

Let's see, favorite old school anime. . .

::lol:: Sailor Moon all the way! ::D:

Loved it then, love it now. My gateway drug to anime and manga. Gotta love Naoko Takeuchi. :c16:
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#77 rnwc

rnwc

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 577 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:22 AM

Kimba the white lion.
The irresistible Captain Tylor.
Macross/Robotech.
Cyborg 009.
Just to name a few favourites. There are others as well but that would make a really long list.

#78 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:44 AM

I completely forget about Captain Tylor. That one was great. Ranma 1/2 was pretty good too.
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#79 vittorioviegas

vittorioviegas

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:09 PM

I think my favorite old school would be Saint Seiya. It was one of the first animes I had the pleasure to watch from the very beggining to the end. One of the first animes licensed in Brazil, it was a huge success here and after that there are now many more animes coming.

It started airing here in 1993 I guess, I was 9 or ten at the time ... good memories this anime gives me.
Posted Image

#80 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:49 PM

The irresistible Captain Tylor!! i remember having to fight over the tv just so i could watch it!! that was around the time my family started calling me a pervert cause i liked to watch anime.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users