315 replies to this topic

#41 firefly

firefly

1st gen member

• Shinmem
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 05:57 PM

wow, nice choice of topic, guys/gals :lol:

old school anime that i used to watch were DragonBall, Voltron, Doraemon, & of course, the awesome Macross series.

however, there are two animes which i consider so-called "life-changing"/important to me:

1) My Neighbour Totoro
- Before watching this, I considered watching anime really the same as watching other cartoons like Transformers, Looney Tunes, etc. But after watching Totoro, I realised the world of anime is much more special. Totoro will forever be my most favourite anime movie, as well as my favourite Studio Ghibli anime.

2) Captain Tsubasa
- The anime that got me hooked to football/soccer.
Posted Image
Mame-hime ~ perfecto mundo! sugar, spice & everything nice!!!

#42 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:52 PM

wow, nice choice of topic, guys/gals :lol:

old school anime that i used to watch were DragonBall, Voltron, Doraemon, & of course, the awesome Macross series.

however, there are two animes which i consider so-called "life-changing"/important to me:

1) My Neighbour Totoro
- Before watching this, I considered watching anime really the same as watching other cartoons like Transformers, Looney Tunes, etc. But after watching Totoro, I realised the world of anime is much more special. Totoro will forever be my most favourite anime movie, as well as my favourite Studio Ghibli anime.

2) Captain Tsubasa
- The anime that got me hooked to football/soccer.

sweet another Captain Tsubasa fan, nowaday when ppl say Tsubasa they just know the CLAMP one....
Totoro is great also, eventhough the story line was kinda small, the images are great

and yea, DORAEMON WINS ALL~~~~~~

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#43 A.K. - ZONE

A.K. - ZONE

~ 君がくれたもの ~

• Validating
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 10:51 PM

Man! Doraemon!!
Forgot about it... >__<
Definitely one of my favs too!

#44 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 12:27 AM

but the long comic series after Fuji-san passed away isn't too good, well they are by his students, but still it doesn't look too natural.......
on the other hand, the FIRST doraemon comic ever, doraemon is way taller and bigger XD

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#45 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 01:03 AM

another old school anime i forgot i have is venus wars anyone seen that one before?
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#46 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:07 PM

another one of my favorite old anime is the blue bomber MEGAMAN.

#47 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 11:16 PM

another one of my favorite old anime is the blue bomber MEGAMAN.

LOL MEGAMAN, in asia he's originially called ROCKMAN, don't ask why though, like we can tell why they changed it, but why ROCK-MAN, no idea
i always find it interesting of the stuff he gets and yea, and his enemies are cool too :P
btw i like playing ROCKMAN 8 on my sega saturn

#48 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:23 AM

mega man in japan was rock man, roll was still roll and rush the dog was still rush.
so its Rock and Roll Rush. The names are like music theme

racequeen.jpg

#49 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 04:47 AM

@sailormari
wow yeah i watched venus wars when i was a kid hhahaha. good anime i like one of the song from it i forgot what it was called. :P

#50 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:37 AM

@sailormari
wow yeah i watched venus wars when i was a kid hhahaha. good anime i like one of the song from it i forgot what it was called. :(

which one i think there was 3 songs in that movie
this one during the race at the first part
http://www.sendspace.com/file/r4ikmj

and then two more at the end i dont know the names of any of them
but the one i put for download was played the most through the movie kinda like its theme song
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#51 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:27 AM

@sailormari
yeah thats the one. mine has vocal from start to finish and is more rockish. this one good too. thanks!

#52 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:46 PM

2 more old school anime movies i like are

Wicked City

and

the professional: Golgo 13

:lol:
Posted Image

#53 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 08:00 PM

Giantor and 8 Man

racequeen.jpg

#54 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:32 PM

Yu Yu Hakusho :c16:

#55 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:59 PM

Rockman

the soccer boy.. damn i can't rmb the name.
Image larger than the forum limit has been removed. Please read: http://www.hello-onl...?act=boardrules

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#56 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:07 PM

Gunbuster is a greta anime too it old school from the 80's

and a little triva for you

According to Fanboys.com, the Gunbuster holds the record for largest number of enemy destroyed by one mecha in any anime. XD
and the Gunbuster, is one of the largest mecha ever to be portrayed in any series yet, standing approximately 200.0 meters tall XD
Posted Image

#57 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 08:00 PM

I know this probably isn't old enough, but im young lol Sailor Moon.
Also for films Akira and original appleseed are classics. So is Venus wars.
oh and original bubblegum crisis(or was it crash?) was great!!

Loved recording all the old animes of sci-fi channel back when they used to air them.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#58 sylpolicia

sylpolicia

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:32 PM

Mine would have to be Doraemon and Hattori Hanzo(sorry if I've mistaken the title),without a doubt :lol:

#59 raeith

raeith

3rd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:51 PM

For me I believe I am a fan for Yu Yu Hakusho when i was at my old school :P

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

:c16: This is my favorite one anime of all time ....
From the character of Hiei , Yuusuke Urameshi , Kurama , Kazuma Kuwabara ..... I dont want to miss each episode !! until I get the comics and video games of this anime ........
:lol: :lol: :P

Posted Image

HUMAN DO CHANGE

#60 sylpolicia

sylpolicia

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:30 PM

Let's not forget Captain Tsubasa ::D: and Kinnikuman :w00t!: (this is old school enough,right? I don't know if there is an animation for this but....)

Both are packed with action,which I prefer in an anime! :lol:

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users