sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:17 PM

whats your fav anime that was made between 1995-and 1950

for me it either be akira or project a-ko they were release in 1989 and 1986

whats your fav anime old scool
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#2 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:33 PM

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross 1982 to 1983 and Macross: Do You Remember Love? (movie) 1984. The two are basically the same thing.

Internet killed common sense.

#3 A.K. - ZONE

A.K. - ZONE

~ 君がくれたもの ~

• Validating
  • 395 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:53 PM

I like "Tonari no Totoro" which is a movie from 1988.
It's a classic.. I grew up watching it

#4 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:50 PM

Vampire Hunter D, the first ever anime I watched. I also like a mini series called "Video Girl Ai". :lol: A cute little anime that looks alot older than it is (1992)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#5 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:31 PM

Gee.. This thread already makes me go all sentimental. :lol: Tonari no totoro, Akira and Vampire hunter D all great flicks. I don't know really though.. There's alot I really liked when I was a kid. Especially the stuff that my moms didn't really wanted me to watch. I gotta go with Fist of the North star. Man I loved it to pieces from the first second I started watching it. It really made an impact of me. It was just so god damn cool. :lol:

#6 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:46 PM

Old school for me would have to be Robotech. I remember waking up early every morning to watch it. :lol:

#7 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:03 PM

Old school for me would have to be Robotech. I remember waking up early every morning to watch it. :lol:

Robotech, stupid americans, using three different and unrelated anime series to make anime of their own... They should actually have made some stuff and not just copied..

Anyways, I need to add to what I said, any Studio Ghibli movie made in that time slot (like Totoro)

#8 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:17 PM

Robotech, stupid americans, using three different and unrelated anime series to make anime of their own... They should actually have made some stuff and not just copied..

True it should have been left unmangled, but the powers that be probably thought it'd be too corrupting for young minds. :rolleyes
Hell, even nowadays most anime aired on television isn't left untouched by the censors. God forbid some child figures out being "sent to another dimension" in Dragon Ball Z actually meant dying. He'd be scarred for life! :lol:

#9 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:28 PM

True it should have been left unmangled, but the powers that be probably thought it'd be too corrupting for young minds. :rolleyes
Hell, even nowadays most anime aired on television isn't left untouched by the censors. God forbid some child figures out being "sent to another dimension" in Dragon Ball Z actually meant dying. He'd be scarred for life! :lol:

censoring is another thing, but to use three (3!) unrelated anime series, and to put the stuff in one to make a serie isn't something that should be done.

#10 Tubster68

Tubster68

Nacchiholic!

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 01:22 AM

I'm not sure when it was made, but i like..

Doreamon and
Lupin the 3rd

#11 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:07 AM

what being sent to another dimension was really dying that cant be :crying
hehe

the oldest i remeber watching was Space Battleship Yamato cant remeber what the american name was
battle of the planet aka g-force
and Voltron the one with the lions and the one where he was made up of 15 cars or ships they lived in space
oh and speed racer
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#12 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:20 AM

Samurai Pizza Cats, Ronin Warriors (Samurai Troopers) and Robotech

racequeen.jpg

#13 miyazaki

miyazaki

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:21 AM

Posted Image Posted Image

#14 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:29 AM

DORAEMON basically runs my childhood

i think slam dunk the captain tsubasa are arond those time

but mainly it's doraemon that i watch everyday (taped them all down)

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#15 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:54 AM

Sailor Moon if that counts ::lol:: *I have not clue when that was made*

I'm a big fan of Totoro (My friend likes to make fun of me for it v_v)

#16 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:11 AM

yea i believe sailormoon is part of it, i remember it being part of my childhood (me singing the theme song...i can still remember it........soooooo long ago though) it was around 1994 maybe?

Totoro is also very nice, eventhough i like the recent ones more, Totoro was still very great, especially love the music it :lol: i watched totoro with my frds (age: 13-15 excluding me) we all liked it, so don't feel bad if you frds make fun of you and tell your frds: maybe adults like it, plus it's cute, so it's normal for a girl (you) to like it

P.S. i'm around your age, i'm male, i like totoro, and i'm proud

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#17 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:14 AM

whats that other show I like, Astro Boy and Dragon Ball (if that counts)

racequeen.jpg

#18 Shantastic

Shantastic

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:42 AM

Well, obviously it would have been better if Robotech had left the 3 series separate, but in order to get it on the air here in the US they needed a minimum # of episodes for a syndication deal and neither Macross, Southern Cross, or Mospeada was long enough by themselves. I actually think the combination wasn't horrible as all episodes were pretty much left complete with only small tweaks in the overall story to make the 3 shows connect. Besides, if they hadn't combined the 3, we would have only seen Macross, and never seen the very underrated Mospeada. Long live Robotech! ::D:

Also gotta pay my respects to the Macross film, "Do You Remember Love?," as well as Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets,) Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazers,) Captain Harlock, and old super robot shows like Mazinger Z, Raideen, and the Getter Robos. Now that's old school. Hahaha.
Posted Image

#19 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 01:30 PM

whats that other show I like, Astro Boy and Dragon Ball (if that counts)

if you talking about the first dragon balls yea it was made in the late 80's i think

and as for sailor moon not really old school i would think but it was made in 1992-1997 so its getting there
Posted Image

#20 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:33 PM

vampire hunter d / ronin warriors / g gundam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users