• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#81 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:51 PM

A HQ YouTube video clip on the 24 hour tv thing with behind the scenes footage. Speed comeback stage

Many thanks for that, Nizmo! :lol:

They were singing my 2 favourite SPEED songs:

STEADY

WHITE LOVE

#82 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:44 PM

^ Those are in my top 3 :w00t: My other one being Body & Soul. I can't order them, I love them all equally :ph34r:

Ashita no Sora debuted at number 3 on the Weekly Oricon Sales Chart, selling 40,058 copies. I was hoping it would sell more, but aren't disappointed. I was thinking of buying Ashita no Sora from CDJapan later this week, but now the first press copies have sold out, looks like I'll be turning to eBay or Yahoo Japan Auctions :(

matt2.jpg
Credit goes to Cassandra for this beautiful set <3
Finally saw Rika on 27/05/10 at the H&A Concert in London <3

#83 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:59 PM

^ Those are in my top 3 :w00t: My other one being Body & Soul.

Those are my top 3 favourites too! :(
They have the catchiest melodies! :w00t:

Check out this medley performed by them a few weeks ago:

Mラバ復活Live

Ashita no Sora debuted at number 3 on the Weekly Oricon Sales Chart, selling 40,058 copies.

:ph34r: Yay!!!

Edited by faraithi, 19 November 2008 - 09:02 PM.

#84 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:14 AM

^ What an awesome medley, and an awesome live of their new single :itadakimasu:

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=BB15-z3OLxA

White Love live. Damn, it's too good.

matt2.jpg

#85 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:38 AM

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=BB15-z3OLxA
White Love live. Damn, it's too good.

Much as I love SPEED, I honestly prefer their 1997 'Christmas Standard' version:

SPEEDスピード(LIVE)White Love(クリスマススタンダード)

White Love (Christmas Standard)

Also, check out these 2 YouTube channels for nearly 200 different SPEED video clips:

YouTube - nikonikoclimax's Channel

YouTube - jpopnewstoday's Channel

#86 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:10 AM

Did you mean to post the same performance in both links? The first link is better quality though.

Me too, I prefer the Christmas Standard performance.

When I said the 2008 performance was too good, I meant I thought it was extremely good considering the original is from 11 years ago, and that at the time of release, Eriko was 14 and Hiroko 13. Obviously, there voices have changed a lot since then, so I was amazed at how well they still sang it.

I was already aware of jpopnewstoday (I've been mailing him/her recently about a concert I downloaded from them :P), but nikonikoclimax is new to me, so thanks very much for that :(

I've downloaded their Final Dome Tour concert. jpopnewstoday has actually got a download site with all SPEED related things. It really is amazing, I recommend you check it out. I've yet to watch the Dome Tour concert.

Here's the link to the download site:

http://chiba.cool.ne.jp/vivimai/speedisback/

Even stuff from the solo stuff too. The owner of that site is extremely generous too. I asked if he could re-upload disc 2 of the Final Dome Tour concert because one of the parts was broke, and he did so within 1 or 2 days.

Here's a regularly updated SPEED blog from the same people:

http://speedisback.blogspot.com/

matt2.jpg

#87 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:31 AM

Did you mean to post the same performance in both links? The first link is better quality though.

Yes, because of the better video/audio quality in the first one, and the more views/comments in the 2nd one...

Me too, I prefer the Christmas Standard performance.

That's a very unique and rare performance, mainly because of the violins, I think; and also, it was a live performance with audience reactions...

Here's the link to the download site:
http://chiba.cool.ne...ai/speedisback/

:( ARIGATOU!!!

#88 ミ☆ Mushroom ☆

ミ☆ Mushroom ☆

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1309 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:03 PM

woot woot woot woot~~!!!

Never realized that there was a SPEED [FANCLUB :)] in here~~ WOOOOT~~

My favourite song is White Love of course~~ I'm starting to love A LOT "Ashita No Sora" REEEAAAA~~~~LLY~!

Much as I love SPEED, I honestly prefer their 1997 'Christmas Standard' version:

OMG~~ I reaaally love this performance~~
Posted Image

#89 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:57 PM

No problem, faraithi. Enjoy many hours of SPEED concerts and singles/albums XD

@asukyna I think White Love is the song that made me love Hiroko :)

Do you guys listen to their solo material? I've only listened to some of Hiro's so far. I like Itsuka futari de, As Time Goes By and Bright Daylight.

What albums have you listened to? I've listened to a bit of Starting Over and Carry On My Way, and most of RISE. I really like Sophisticated Girl and the Sweet Fields (I forgot the name and cant remember what it goes like, but I know I like it :( ) Also I like Nettaiya.

matt2.jpg

#90 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:13 PM

Enjoy many hours of SPEED concerts and singles/albums XD

I'll probably need to spend many hours to finish downloading everything from that website first! :(

I think White Love is the song that made me love Hiroko :)

That was the song that made me fall in love with SPEED last year! And it was probably the first song by them that I bothered to listen from start to finish! I also discovered that it was their best-selling single:

s-SPEED
http://www7a.biglobe...ngle/speed.html

Do you guys listen to their solo material?

I've heard a bit on YouTube, but I don't find them as catchy as their SPEED material...

#91 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:35 PM

SPEED seems to be on just about every major music show right now. So far the best appearance I have seen was on the latest Music Fair 21.

Check out the line-up.

SPEED + HALCALI + Perfume + Lil'B
- Body & Soul
- White Love

Lil'B - Negaigoto Hitotsu Kimi e
HALCALI - Long Kiss Good Bye
Perfume - Dream Fighter
SPEED - Ashita no Sora

Probably one of the best Music Fair 21 shows in a while. Never heard Lil'B before this but they must be either thanking or cursing their management for getting them on such a show. Perfume's A-Chan runs a panel during the middle of the show and as usual adds her own sound effects and bubbleheaded charm.

So weird to hear all the other groups referring to SPEED in such a way (favorite group when they were in elementary school, etc) especially since they're probably only a few years older. But considering they started when they were in elementary school and it's been almost 10 years since their disbandment (I don't count the previous reunions) and everyone else is in their early 20's I guess it makes sense in a way.

#92 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:03 PM

So far the best appearance I have seen was on the latest Music Fair 21.

:) ARIGATOU!!!
I'm downloading it right now!

#93 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:25 PM

Thanks for that, mixedmedia :)

Like mixedmedia said, they have appeared on a lot of shows recently. This makes me more surprised the single didn't sell better, and that it's their first single after a 5 year break.

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=9ifQW4Aoqjc

Live performance of Ashita no Sora on Music Station

I bought their new single, CD and DVD Japan version. I can't wait to get it! ^_^

matt2.jpg

#94 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:42 PM

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=9ifQW4Aoqjc
Live performance of Ashita no Sora on Music Station

This one has much more views and comments, and the picture/sound quality and the aspect ratio of the screen size are much better:

SPEED あしたの空 2008.11.14

And this one has the 'talk' part before the performance, plus the performance as well:

SPEED - Live + Talk (11.14)

#95 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

^ Thanks for sharing ^_^

I don't really bother with the interviews and talks, because I haven't got a clue what they're saying. It's a shame there aren't people out there who translate SPEED stuff.

matt2.jpg

#96 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:04 PM

...I haven't got a clue what they're saying.

I also understand very little of it, but I appreciate those parts because that's where I get to understand their personalities better...
Also, sometimes, body language and demeanour and tone of voice are enough for me...

#97 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:22 AM

^ I'll watch those bits one day, but I'll probably end up getting annoyed not understanding them :D

matt2.jpg

#98 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:55 AM

Well, Eriko also knows sign language which she sometimes uses on television to communicate with her son who has a hearing problem so if anyone also knows it then at least they'll understand that.

Probably going to go back and watch a bunch of their appearances since people brought up the whole 'see their personalities' thing. I have gotten to the point where I catch some of what they're saying but in some cases it's enough just to see how they say whatever it is they're saying. I think they have considerably toned down since the last time they were on TV so much so obviously there's some differences.

Never really paid much attention to Takako's solo stuff. I heard she has a photobook worth checking out though.

I also liked Bright Daylight by Hiro. I think the PV was filmed in Hawaii.

Eriko with Crunch was kind of interesting but I didn't keep up after that.

Hitoe's hip-hop single right after the breakup was interesting but I also didn't keep up after that despite her being my favorite back then.

I'm still hoping their reunion will lead to more of their old TV appearances, dramas, movies, etc. will start showing up online despite video quality probably rivaling early Morning Musume Utaban episodes.

#99 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:42 AM

... but in some cases it's enough just to see how they say whatever it is they're saying.

I agree totally! http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/c13.gif

I think they have considerably toned down since the last time they were on TV so much so obviously there's some differences.

Yes, they have indeed... they're certainly less vivacious now... and I noticed Hiro's vocal pitch is quite a bit lower; so when she sings those old SPEED songs, they don't sound as appealing to me now as in the past... http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/sad.gif

#100 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:33 PM

and I noticed Hiro's vocal pitch is quite a bit lower; so when she sings those old SPEED songs, they don't sound as appealing to me now as in the past...

Yes, people grow up http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/ohmy.gif http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/wink.gif

I do agree though.

matt2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users