• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#221 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3953 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:00 AM

I like the new single a lot <3 I think I read somewhere it's supposed to sound similar to My Graduation, and I can see the resemblance in the chorus.

I placed my order at cdjapan, can't wait to get it! :good:

matt2.jpg
Credit goes to Cassandra for this beautiful set <3
Finally saw Rika on 27/05/10 at the H&A Concert in London <3

#222 ~asianqueen~

~asianqueen~

AI~ddicted & KAME~cted

• Senpai
  • 1915 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:10 AM

^aaahhhHH~~~~ im so envious of you!!!

why does SPEED have to come out with a new single RIGHT when I had to pay for AP exams.....

their timing...is just too cruel.....

WAIT FOR ME! I'LL BUY YOU SOON GROWING SUNFLOWER!
~My Guardian Angle; Not Angel~ @ ~My fanfic thread!!!~
Posted Image
+lovely sig made by SNIPER and uber cute avie by kawaii beam!+

#223 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3953 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:29 AM

Awwww :P

I can agree with the cruel timing thing though. I told myself I'd spend no more money on Japanese CDs till I got myself a job sorted, and this release made me dig into my wallet and end up paying for even more CDs ^^;

I actually love this song XD On first listen it was nice, but nothing huge. This just makes me long for a new studio album from them!

matt2.jpg

#224 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3080 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:17 AM

As far as I can see Avex only has this short version on their youtube channel. The song is okay but nothing that would blow me away like their pre-breakup stuff but then again it was a different time and 10 years changes a lot of things.

Interesting to see them allow Hitoe and Takako take some lines even if it's only talk-singing. If only they could all sing as well as Hiro and Eriko. Takako wins visually in the video but I still prefer Hiro for now. There should be a Takako photobook ASAP.

#225 °C-ute-Fan!

°C-ute-Fan!

YajiSuzu Fan! *_*

• Senpai
  • 10363 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

I get into Speed today *_*
And I must say...they are really great... why I didn´t see this band before?! ;_;

anyone has tipps for me? which album is the best for a newbie like me? :)

a6dcmgR.png
~Ava and Siggy from Pi-chicci! Thanks sooooooooo much!~

#226 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3953 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

^ You've never listened to them before? I'm surprised, the first thing I did after hearing MM was track down Japan's Best Selling Girl Group - which is SPEED ^^;

I'd start off with their singles first, as recommendations ^^; My personal favourites are STEADY, Body & Soul, and White Love (it's hard choosing favourites, I love most of their singles ^_^ ).

matt2.jpg

#227 °C-ute-Fan!

°C-ute-Fan!

YajiSuzu Fan! *_*

• Senpai
  • 10363 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:16 PM

^
yeah I wondered too why I never heard them Oo they sound so good *_*
probably I thought its "perfume"-music and I don´t like perfume so much? don´t know.... :lol::w00t:

I read at Yesasia...that the Speedland best of from 2009 is not so good.
is this right?

I don´t want start with singles...to expensive :)
I think I start with albums...and I want order Speedland...but I´m unsure now... because of this negative Feedback?!

Or anyone is saying: this album is much more better?
then please which one? ^^

------

White Love is so a great song!! But I thought I heard it before Oo
a H!P group covered the song??

a6dcmgR.png

#228 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3953 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

^ Ohh, sorry, I thought you meant things to get a taste of, not buy :lol: Aha, I wonder why you assumed they'd be like Perfume? :P

Yeah, I've got to agree with what you read, I wasn't much for SPEEDland. But I think this is because the originals are so much better. A lot of the songs have different instrumentals to the originals, which aren't really an improvement.

I'd say if your looking for a 'best of' album, I'd say MOMENT (I haven't heard the remixes on other best of albums they've had, but this album has mostly original versions of the singles). For a studio album, I can't choose between their first two albums :) Starting Over and RISE. Both have their great and not so great songs :w00t:

I'm not sure if a H!O group covered the song XD I know SPEED and MM sang together once, I think faraithi posted the link in this thread, but not sure where XD

matt2.jpg

#229 °C-ute-Fan!

°C-ute-Fan!

YajiSuzu Fan! *_*

• Senpai
  • 10363 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

oh ok thank you ^^
I don´t know why I thought Speed do Perfume-music :w00t: *lol*

hmm I see the problem... the most best of albums have remixes...I´m not such a big remix fan...so Moment looks really good.

And I wonder when Perfume will get a real new album...with all the new singles and not only a best of?!
I hope they get one soon? :)

then I don´t take speedland...and Moment I think....LOL
it´s sold out at Yesasia :lol: ahhhh
but ebay has the album...only 14 Dollar XD
I thinks its really cheap ^^

a6dcmgR.png

#230 Mei.ka~

Mei.ka~

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2210 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

...Sorry for bumping this thread, (More than two years ^^;) but I wanna know if anyone has any song recommendations from SPEED? I knew about SPEED before, but I just got into them when I found out Happiness covered Body & Soul on their new album and since I loved their version of it to death, I wanted to check out the original... Now, I love the original WAY more than the cover! I mean, usually, the song that I hear first is the one that I love more since I'm used to it. But Body & Soul is just so old school with its instrumental and the vocals provided by Hiro and Eriko (I think, I'm still learning their faces but it's pretty easy since they're more distinguishable than other girl groups) give it so much attitude! Especially from Hiro - she sounds like she's whining and screaming her heart out, but she does it in such a cool way! And like I said before, they're more distinguishable than other girl groups; it's like they each have their own look. In my opinion, they'd be: Hiro - Cute, Eriko - Cool, Hitoe - Sexy, Takako - Unique (Since she looks like she's not full Japanese... Is she?)

The songs that I like from them are, of course, Body & Soul, and STEADY. I listened to all A-sides from B&D to ALIVE and all the songs on MOMENT and haven't liked any of the rest. So, suggestions?

VwvggPK.jpg
Avatar and Signature by Me ~I love cheese! X3~"
Graphics Thread

#231 PYONCE⊿

PYONCE⊿

Kaoru Ookubo Hater

• Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Breakin' out to the Morning should fit your tastes I guess. hiro's flawless loud singing really reaches its high point there. Happy Together, the B-side of STEADY is also recommended.

It's to me impossible to understand how one can only like two songs from MOMENT which is the best collection album ever, but eh, each to their own. :lol:
This is my favorite group of all time so if you have any questions feel free to ask. :P

By the way, I really recommend checking out hiro's solo stuff too, although most of her songs are ballads. Her jazz albums are quite golden too.

(By the way as for the origin of Takako. All girls of SPEED are of Ryukyuan descent, and since Okinawa was for long an American base of operations, it's very possible some, if not all of them, have an ounce of mixed blood. Nothing is, however, stated on paper afaik.)

EzFAj1S.png Signature done by Chimai
Shige-PINK is Mon Amour!  パンツを見せてくれない?
"I sure did," Phil replied. "I slept good with you."

#232 namida no iro

namida no iro

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

I know this is a solo but I love this song to pieces!

As for songs with them as a group, I really like this one:

#233 Mei.ka~

Mei.ka~

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2210 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

Thank you both, and I'll give a listen to your recommendations! Again, please forgive me for the bump! ORZ

VwvggPK.jpg
Graphics Thread

#234 namida no iro

namida no iro

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

Bumping again~ Becaaause their coming out with a new album on November 14!!
The name is '4Colors' and will have 6 songs that were released as singles, an album version of PRIDE & 6 new songs!
CD Tracklist:
Ashita no Sora
S.P.D
●Himawari ~Growing Sunflower~
Yubiwa
Let's Heat Up!
●Little Dancer
PRIDE-Album ver.-
●4 Colors ※New Song
●WORLD DANCE ※New Song
●Unlucky Christmas ※New Song
●Surprise ※New Song
●Stay Miracle ※New Song
●Untitled ※New Song

DVD Tracklist

DVD1
●Ashita no Sora PV
●S.P.D PV
●Himawari ~Growing Sunflower~ PV
●Yubiwa PV
●Let's Heat Up! PV
●Little Dancer PV

DVD 2
◆SPEED Fan Meeting [email protected] AX(Approx 30 minutes)

#235 Mei.ka~

Mei.ka~

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2210 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

The first SPEED release since becoming a fan! ^.^ I honestly haven't listened to any of their current songs except for the "retrack" of Wake Me Up! (Which I actually really like a lot; maybe even more than the original ^^;), but I'm willing to give this album a try!

VwvggPK.jpg
Graphics Thread

#236 °C-ute-Fan!

°C-ute-Fan!

YajiSuzu Fan! *_*

• Senpai
  • 10363 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

^
same for me I think

a6dcmgR.png

#237 Guest_BoggoSonyeo_*

Guest_BoggoSonyeo_*
  • Guests (Not logged in)

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

I love Speed. I searched the fan forum about Speed and don't find. It doesn't exist or I can't find? Please help me. From where I can download all Speed discography, I need a torrent. Iwill be very thankful.

#238 liyongqin

liyongqin

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

amazing songs,that's all my words

#239 namida no iro

namida no iro

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts