• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#201 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:07 AM

@faraithi Please can I have your memory? :P That's one amazing memory you have to remember our posts from that far back XD I have a feeling I've said something like this before too XD

MoMusu seems to be selling around 50k per single for the past few years, which is about the same amount as their pre-debut single in 1997, "Ai no Tane"!
Let's say they manage to sell 100k per single for all their upcoming singles, they would need to sell 7 (or 8),000,000 / 100,000 = 70 (or 80) more such singles!
I highly doubt that will ever happen!

May SPEED forever hold this record, because they truly deserve it for accomplishing so much at the ages they were ^^;

But, I think MM wants to be seen as a whole rather than broken into parts.

I can't help but do this though. IMO it's a sneaky way to get the number of records MM have and the high number of sales. Can you imagine if SPEED never split up and did the same thing Tsunku did with MM? They're sales figures would probably be unbelievable XD

faraithi, have you taken to the new SPEED yet? I dom't think you were into the new SPEED a great deal before. I like S.P.D, but I hope they never go down this route again. They took a risk and to be honest, it didn't turn too well by changing the style of music so much, but hopefully, the manager has learnt from this. Ashita no Sora sold around 70k, S.P.D around 30k.

Do you buy SPEED stuff faraithi? I really want this Best album coming out next month, but I have nowhere near enough XD I still need to get S.P.D and the poster, and the Ashita no Sora poster yet ;)

matt2.jpg
Credit goes to Cassandra for this beautiful set <3
Finally saw Rika on 27/05/10 at the H&A Concert in London <3

#202 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:33 AM

@faraithi Please can I have your memory? :wub: That's one amazing memory you have to remember our posts from that far back :P

:P But my memory isn't really that good; I only have a good memory for certain things! :GGRR:

faraithi, have you taken to the new SPEED yet?

I'm afraid I still haven't, and I don't think I ever will, mainly because the singing voice of my favourite member, Hiroko, is no longer as good, in my opinion... :lol:

By the way, in my opinion again, SPEED's Breakin' out to the morning is much better than Morning Musume's 3,2,1 Breaking Out! :lol:

Breakin' out to the morning
(PV)

Posted Image

#203 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:44 AM

^ I completely agree about hiro's voice, unfortunately :GGRR: To be honest, I think it's good for the newer SPEED songs, but not so good for the classics. I still like her voice though. But IMO it's not as strong as it was, which actually surprises me, seeing as I would have thought she would have improved after so many years. Have you heard the White Love - STEADY - Body & Soul Medley on the Ashita no Sora CD? You can really notice the difference. I can't remember the exact line, but it's after the chorus, where she sings 'tenshi ga~! *insert lyrics* ai wa!'

I actually prefer MM's 3, 2, 1 Breakin' Out! But that's probably because it's one of my favourite MM songs ever :P

Hmmm, I still haven't watched a single SPEED concert yet. I have half of the RISE tour saved on a disc which I've lost, and the second half on my laptop, so I'll get round to downloading the first half again someday :P

matt2.jpg

#204 ~asianqueen~

~asianqueen~

AI~ddicted & KAME~cted

• Senpai
  • 1915 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

WOW~! i swear i disappear from the SPEED scene for a little while and when i come back BOOM BOOM BOOM all this news i missed!!!! ^^;

haha i have some major catching up to do. <3

and yeah i agree that Hiroko was a better during the old school SPEED days. her voice was always open and strong, but for some reason, ever since she went solo, she's picked up this very wierd habit of singing with her throat closed... wierd. I do believe that she still has that clear open voice in her, but just isnt using it? who knows.

@matt: you should really get to watching one of their old concerts~~!!! everything they sing never disappoints!
~My Guardian Angle; Not Angel~ @ ~My fanfic thread!!!~
Posted Image
+lovely sig made by SNIPER and uber cute avie by kawaii beam!+

#205 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:04 PM

Both Eriko and Hiro seems to be getting weaker in their vocal compared to the good old days.

Either that or the song arrangement is deliberately make not to utilise their strong voice. Got a feeling
though its they really are getting weaker hence the new arrangement.

Which is unfortunate. They really are outstanding in the old days

#206 AikaAction

AikaAction

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 365 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:30 AM

^the new version of Long Way Home is quite amazing to me. I think Hiro sounds outstanding. thats why they keep giving her all the long shouty lines. There are a couple songs where I would agree (like the amazing Snow Kiss) that Hiro seems to have closed her throat where she is normally open and just go all out. Perhaps she can execute it as well as she did, but wants to sound more mature so that takes time to really make it perfect.

At least Hitoe is still a great dancer, and actually all of their dancing improved. Eri just seems a little bit more shy than she used to be. Maybe it was from being so away from singing out loud and crazy with the group that again takes time to re-develop.

Lets just say that SPEED is in revamp mode. hopefully they'll keep their trademark styles as their future songs come.
LIfE IS FUN -).
My MM Scout team: Koharu (Moon), Aika (Mercury), Riho (Mars), Risa (Jupiter), Sayumi (Venus), Mizuki (Pluto), Hitomi (Uranus), Miki (Neptune), Rika (Saturn), Eri (Tuxedo Kamen), Mari (Healer), Ayumi (Fighter), Kaori (Maker)

#207 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:15 PM

wow ... no post for 2 months ... I am going to push this back up ... lol

to me ... their voice and style has mature and I have gotten older ... so its actually really nice to me now ...lol

quite simply "The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be" ... lol

#208 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:48 AM

i agree their voice and image is that more mature

which i must say is not a bad thing
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#209 Minagi-chan

Minagi-chan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 521 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:02 AM

As much as I love MM, I have to say SPEED was awesome. Eriko is my favorite. I'm not happy with their sales right now, they deserve much more, it has to be the lack of promotion. I would love it if SPEED and MM were back in the top, where they belong, instead of AKB48 (nothing against them, but they were better before they sold good).
💚🌻从*´◇`);🌻💚

#210 ~asianqueen~

~asianqueen~

AI~ddicted & KAME~cted

• Senpai
  • 1915 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:11 AM

As much as I love MM, I have to say SPEED was awesome. Eriko is my favorite. I'm not happy with their sales right now, they deserve much more, it has to be the lack of promotion. I would love it if SPEED and MM were back in the top, where they belong, instead of AKB48 (nothing against them, but they were better before they sold good).

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT~!! i mean, AKB is fine and all, but no offense to them, I think SPEED has more history and substance in them. LITERALLY more history. LOLZ same with MM.

i miss the good old days when SPEED was the top of the j-pop world and MM was the top of the idol world.
Posted Image

#211 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

I want new SPEED music! I expected them to release loads of stuff since it was announced they will make a full time comeback. They've released 2 singles and a self cover album with no new songs. I hope they become more active XD

On a positive note, it's good to see they still have good selling power. The self cover album, SPEEDLAND -The Premium Best Re Tracks-, reached number 2 on the charts and to date has sold a total of 106,228.

Ohhhhh, on a higher positive note, I've literally just found this out! - SPEED will be releasing a concert DVD and a photobook! http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/biggrin.gif I'll add links later when I'm less busy XD

matt2.jpg

#212 ~asianqueen~

~asianqueen~

AI~ddicted & KAME~cted

• Senpai
  • 1915 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

^YEAH! i want more NEW music too!!

btw: i heard that they re-recorded Long Way Home, but I couldn't find it on youtube to give it a listen. does anyone know where I can give it a listen?

and WOW~! a DVD concert?!?!?!?! OMG i cant WAIT!!!! YAY!!!
Posted Image

#213 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:43 PM

^ not a 100% its out yet
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#214 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:44 PM

^ not a 100% its out yet

or at least i cant find it
Posted Image

#215 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:02 AM

asianqueen, I've added the file :good: If you want the whole album, google something like SPEEDland 320kbps, something should come up.

It's 110% <3

http://www.cdjapan.c...?KEY=AVBD-16195

http://www.cdjapan.c...EY=NEOBK-649402

Attached Files

matt2.jpg

#216 ~asianqueen~

~asianqueen~

AI~ddicted & KAME~cted

• Senpai
  • 1915 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:31 AM

omg the new long way home sounds so different~!!! when they re-make a song, they REALLY make is different. The new one has a nice lax and relaxing beat. the beginning was kinda of wierd, cause its sounds "almost" as if they are singing acapella. my favorite part is the chorus~!

i also like the voice layering they put in it! all in all, i like it! thanks for the download!!!

so far, my favorite song remake has GOT TO BE "Wake me up!"

Wake Me Up (2009 version) <--sounds like Hiro still has those high notes in her!

second would have to be "Nettaiya" but i cant seem to find the new music for it anymore on youtube.... did the person take it off? it was soo good! awww
Posted Image

#217 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:24 AM

^ Your welcome ^^; Tried googling the album? XD

I should give it another listen, I didn't put it back on my iPod to make space for other music :P

Not sure if I'm allowed to advertise here, but I'm selling a copy of Ashita no Sora, CD + DVD with obi and other inserts, if anyone's interested. Just send me a pm if you are :D

matt2.jpg

#218 temeri

temeri

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 754 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:58 AM

Only 10 more days till they release the LIVE DVD.. OMFG I CANT WAIT...

I missed these beauties so much, im glad they decided to get back together again.

#219 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:22 AM

This is probably a year old but I don't recall seeing it so here it is White Love (another 2008(?) version). So much better than the Kouhaku version.

Rediscovering their solo music and despite some of the music or PVs being a bit dated they're better than I remember them especially Hiro and Eriko's. There is a reason Hitoe and Takako weren't lead vocals.

#220 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:40 AM

NEW SPEED Single!

Himawari -Growing Sunflower-

COVERS

CD + DVD

Posted Image

CD Only

Posted Image

PV on YouTube

Order Links, with First Press Bonuses (poster and extra track)

CD + DVD Version

CD Only Version

matt2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users