:w00t: SPEED, Japan's best-selling girl-group!!! :respect:

#182 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:15 AM

I'm in a SPEED loving mood right now after hearing the new single ^^;

A download link for Ashita no Sora is pretty hard to come by online. I haven't found one. So I uploaded my copy to megaupload ^^; It's the whole CD that I've uploaded so instrumentals are included too.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D48UPYKG

matt2.jpg
Credit goes to Cassandra for this beautiful set <3
Finally saw Rika on 27/05/10 at the H&A Concert in London <3

#183 AikaAction

AikaAction

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 365 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

If everyone doesn't know, the new single S.P.D has been ripped from Takako's radio show and it's link is available from the speedisback website: speedisback.blogspot.com

Definitely worth the wait since the last single (over half a yr!!!). I can't wait for the pv! And please guys join the SPEEDisback forum. -)
LIfE IS FUN -).
My MM Scout team: Koharu (Moon), Aika (Mercury), Riho (Mars), Risa (Jupiter), Sayumi (Venus), Mizuki (Pluto), Hitomi (Uranus), Miki (Neptune), Rika (Saturn), Eri (Tuxedo Kamen), Mari (Healer), Ayumi (Fighter), Kaori (Maker)

#184 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:35 PM

^ I mentioned all that on the previous page :P

S.P.D has grown on me a lot (like I thought it would) XD I want a PV so badly and want to hear the b-side.

It'd be nice if Takako and Hitoe got solo lines sometime. I feel sorry for them. In terms of the songs, they're just 2 extra faces :(

matt2.jpg

#185 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:14 AM

Aside from the part where they sing the name of the song (because it still sounds like a mishmash phrase) I like it.

#186 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:44 AM

My new favourite SPEED song from May 1999, almost exactly 10 years ago; it'll be the 10th anniversary of the single's release on the 19th of this month! :wacko:

Breakin' out to the morning
(PV)
(TV)
(Hey!x3 Music Champ Talk+Performance)

Posted Image

#187 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:26 PM

PV for SPD is out and on youtube...for now

Definitely like the song better now.

#188 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

I still love the song, but the PV had little effect on my opinion. I don't hate the PV but I don't like it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this sells though :whistle: Ashita no Sora sold roughly 70k, so it'd be nice to see this sell the same. I don't think it will, but I hope I'm proved wrong :good:

matt2.jpg

#189 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:26 PM

SPEED's Best Album is available to pre-order from CD Japan

The Best -Premium Re Tracks- CD + DVD

The Best -Premium Re Tracks- CD

The tracks are re-recorded versions of their hits.

Look at the first press item for the CD + DVD version - a cellphone strap. Interesting, never seen a first press item like that before. Strange how it says the DVD includes the Ashita no Sora PV. I doubt that will be the only thing on it.

I'm looking forward to this, though I don't think it'll be anything amazing. I liked the melody on the Ashita no Sora CD, but it doesn't compare to the original versions. Still, I'll probably pre-order this nearer the time, or next month.

I was going to order CD + DVD S.P.D. but like Ashita no Sora, first press is already sold out :)

Hopefully though, that means high sales :good:

matt2.jpg

#190 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:39 PM

SPEED tour to start in September.

Female pop group SPEED, which reunited last year, has announced their first nationwide tour in six years. Although they initially broke up in 2000, they have had brief reunions since then for charity events, including a "Save the Children" concert tour in 2003.

Now back together permanently, the group already put out a new single in November and is releasing their second, "S.P.D.," on May 27. This is said to be their first time having a song created by musicians outside Japan, as the single's title track is written by Kye Sones, Peter Martin, and Jonathan Shave.

In addition, SPEED has scheduled a best "re-track" album for August 5, followed by a national tour starting in September. Titled "FamilyMart presents SPEED LIVE 2009," the tour begins in Nagoya on September 5-6 and ends in Niigata on October 25. It covers 16 shows in 10 cities, including concerts at Osaka-jo Hall and Nippon Budokan.

#191 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:49 PM

Has anyone seen this TV appearance/performance of SPEED (with SMAP) less than 3 months ago? <3

YouTube - SmaSpeLive_160309

(SPEED performed 3 of their old songs ("STEADY", "BODY & SOUL", "my graduation") together with SMAP)

and during the first couple of minutes of the vid, they reminisced about their appearance on this particular show 12 years ago, :good: :

YouTube - SPEED Pちゃん

which was uploaded by a Japanese "boy", whose channel contains loads of rare vids of SPEED's late 1990s TV appearances/performances during their heyday, XD :

YouTube - SKYWORK83's Channel

#192 Hikazumi

Hikazumi

Wooyoung <3

• Senpai
  • 4074 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:39 PM

Who's the girl without the hat at 0:47-0:55? I really like that part...! It looks so cool! *:whistle:* The woman with the hat is so cool too o.o~!

#193 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:17 AM

? do you mean Eriko?
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#194 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:27 AM

Who's the girl without the hat at 0:47-0:55?

She appears to be:

http://en.wikipedia....rakaki</strong>

"Arakaki Hitoe" - Google Image Search

#195 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:55 AM

huh looks closer to Eriko to me

granted i not the go to guy for speed photos and i could be wrong but her eyes do look like Eriko to me
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#196 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

Does anyone here apart from me actually buy SPEED stuff? ^^;

matt2.jpg

#197 Haro-Chan~!

Haro-Chan~!

Haro desu

• Senpai
  • 667 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:18 PM

Best Selling Girl Groups Worldwide Look who's number 7 :D

^_^ SPEED, Japan's best-selling girl-group!!! ^^;

And Momusu is 8th~! <3
I thought MM was the best selling female group in Japan but they're the best SINGLE selling female group in Japan!
I got confused... ^^; MM has 5 Oricon records~!!
Speed is awesome~! I like White Love, My Graduation and Long Way Home~! <3

Dorky Haro-Chan is my favorite Haro-Chan~!
Posted Image
Siggy Made By Hotaru~Ruru!!!

#198 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:25 PM

^ I love MM a lot, but I don't want them to take SPEED's record for best selling Japanese female group. SPEED have kept their lineup the same, and each member will have earned that record from scratch. Members in MM now are adding on to what their senpais achieved, not started from scratch. I think MM will have to go for many more years to break SPEED's record, unless they have gigantic boosts in sales.

matt2.jpg

#199 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:31 AM

^ I love MM a lot, but I don't want them to take SPEED's record for best selling Japanese female group. SPEED have kept their lineup the same, and each member will have earned that record from scratch.

As I've replied to something similar you said before:

I love MM, both past and present, but I think that is what is unfair for them to hold the highest single sales. I'd now say it's impossible to beat them.

If I've counted correctly, MoMusu have had 18 different line-ups so far; so strictly speaking, SPEED has way outsold any single MoMusu line-up, even if we just compare SPEED with all the Old-School/Gold Era MoMusu line-ups combined (when their CD sales were at their highest)...

And it's true that:

Members in MM now are adding on to what their senpais achieved, not started from scratch.

Strictly speaking, we should only start calculating the present line-up's singles sales from 2007 onwards! XD
Even if we start calculating from "Mr Moonlight" in late 2001, when Takahashi and Niigaki debuted, MoMusu's singles sales would still be 7-8 million less than SPEED's 11 million copies sold! :(

I think MM will have to go for many more years to break SPEED's record, unless they have gigantic boosts in sales.

MoMusu seems to be selling around 50k per single for the past few years, which is about the same amount as their pre-debut single in 1997, "Ai no Tane"! :)
Let's say they manage to sell 100k per single for all their upcoming singles, they would need to sell 7 (or 8),000,000 / 100,000 = 70 (or 80) more such singles!
I highly doubt that will ever happen! :o

#200 Haro-Chan~!

Haro-Chan~!

Haro desu

• Senpai
  • 667 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:34 AM

^^Yep! Speed's one hell of a group~! But, I think MM wants to be seen as a whole rather than broken into parts.
And I agree, it's going to be hard for them to break Speed's record!

Dorky Haro-Chan is my favorite Haro-Chan~!
Posted Image
Siggy Made By Hotaru~Ruru!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users