• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#1 eddichigo

eddichigo

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:20 PM

Does anyone still..... still a fan of them??
well.. I AM!!
join in the club!!

Hiroko + Eriko + Takako + Hitoe... XD

#2 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 01:15 PM

I become a jpop fanatic from the moment i try their songs.

Hehehe~ So yeah i will never forget them

#3 eddichigo

eddichigo

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:38 PM

hehe.. guess we were in the same boat..

they were the first jpop group that i started listening to......

#4 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:15 PM

me too they were first jpop group then i seen them with morning musume making cotten candy
morning musume won thats how i found out about morning musume and hellp project but
i still love speed i love all their vid and song my fav is alive
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#5 sheep goat

sheep goat

Drinking maternities with Makoto and Yossi

• Senpai
  • 1682 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:41 AM

Hey! I know Speed!!! One of my past exchange students gave my sister one of their singles. It's like, "seventeen dance I've been looking for you" or something to that effect... It's catchy. Yay Speed!
~Currently super dedicated to making the name Zucchini stick. Kanon <3~
Posted Image
I miss you both so very much.

#6 eddichigo

eddichigo

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:24 PM

me too they were first jpop group then i seen them with morning musume making cotten candy
morning musume won thats how i found out about morning musume and hellp project but
i still love speed i love all their vid and song my fav is alive

yea.. love the song alive too.. that reminds me of the movie.. andromedia.... :D

yay sheep goat.. keep the fire burning.. heheh...

#7 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:27 PM

well it was the theme song for that movie

BTW does anyone know if there a sub ver of this movie
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#8 eddichigo

eddichigo

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:51 PM

well it was the theme song for that movie

BTW does anyone know if there a sub ver of this movie

hmm.. previously when i bought the vcd years back, it already came with mandarin subtitles...

if u are referring to english subs.. not sure if anyone who has subbed it...

#9 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:30 PM

yea i meant english sub

and darn i wanted to see it too i try p2p maybe someone there has one
Posted Image

#10 eddichigo

eddichigo

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:04 PM

i've been searching for it.. but still cant find.. :unsure

#11 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:04 PM

me too i guess no one like the speed movie :crying

at least one with eng subtitles
Posted Image

#12 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:38 PM

Well~ the thing is i never seen it before ha

#13 realemotion16

realemotion16

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 04:03 AM

hiro, Eriko, Takako, and HITOE are the only SPEED I'm addicted to, hehe. I found out about them about a year ago on j-fan.com and then I found a download for my graduation. I've been in love with them ever since. I also love what they do solo. Out of all the girls, I would consider myself to be a big fan of HITOE. She had the best style, which was urban influenced (the braids, African print dresses, etc.). I loved how she stood out among the rest of the girls. I also loved her solo cd. It won't a hit with Japan because of the Western R&B sound which I'm used to down here in America, hehe. My fave song from her is I Got You. Are there any other HITOE fans out there? Just asking, heh.

Here are my fave pics of HITOE!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 ferrar1

ferrar1

4th gen member

• Uploader
  • 296 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 04:26 AM

i think for most people living in singapore in the 96s-00s, speed was the #1 band as they were the 1st group to have their PV played on tv. And they were the 1 who really introduced j-pop to singapore though chage and aska, amuro etc cds were already selling in singapore.

I have most of their albums (no singles though :)) & some card collection. Till now my all-time #1., #2 j-pop song is Alive and Body and Soul. Alive for the great, slow, sad melody. Body and Soul for the upbeatness and the great dance!! :w00t!: nettaiya and gogo heaven are also my favourites

Btw i may still have a VCD of the movie. will search and post later if people want.

#15 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:21 AM

Maybe i can suggest that without speed i would not be posting here :)

#16 realemotion16

realemotion16

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:49 PM

I would love to see Andromedia. I have yet to see that (w/English subtitles, of course). You can get it on Amazon and Ebay at a fair price simply because it made a US release. I think it was because of the director and his accomplishments, so some of his movies were released as part of his collection.

Just thought I'd let ya'll SPEED fans know, I made a SPEED fansite on MySpace back in the summer and it has been doing fairly well, use the link below to check it out!

http://www.myspace.com/speedspirits

#17 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:13 AM

i seen it it suck but if you really want to see it then use emule and search for it they some poeple on there that have it in fact i got my copy just a month or two ago off emule took me a week to fully download not because it was slow is because it was hard to find seeders i guess

or i did have english subs in it dont search but speed look for Andromedia the one come up wont have speed in the name only Andromedia 1998 but not to hard to find only movie with that name :lol:
Posted Image

#18 realemotion16

realemotion16

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:04 AM

I would see it just because the girls are in it, hehe. I woul've ordered Andromedia but I decided to place my order on the VCD of SPEED Spirits Complete, it has all of their old videos. The video for April is too hard for me to watch 'cause it's very sad. Even though they got back together temporarily twice (2001, 2003), the video is still sad. After all, at the end it read "see you". I hope they get back together again soon, I would get their new release so fast..

#19 realemotion16

realemotion16

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:00 PM

I'm sure alot of you know now, but Takako is releasing a BEST album on March 14th. I'll post the info for those who may have not read about it yet :(

AVCD-16119
Takako Uehara Single Collection départ
[CD+DVD]
Release Date:2007/03/14
Posted Image

AVCD-16120
Takako Uehara Single Collection départ
[CD]
Release Date:2007/03/14
Posted Image

CD
01. my first love
02. Come close to me
03. my greatest memories
04. SWEET DREAMS
05. Kiss you jounetsu
06. GLORY ~kimi ga iru kara~
07. Air
08. Make-up Shadow
09. BLUE LIGHT YOKOHAMA
10. Galaxy Legend
11. Ladybug
12. my first love (strings version)
13. itsu datte kimi ga iru

DVD
01. my first love
02. Come close to me
03. my greatest memories
04. SWEET DREAMS
05. Kiss you jounetsu
06. GLORY ~kimi ga iru kara~
07. Air
08. Make-up Shadow
09. BLUE LIGHT YOKOHAMA
10. Galaxy Legend

Description: Greatest hits album from Takako Uehara features the ten singles release since her debut album "my first love" including the track "Ladybug" written by Bonnie Pink! This edition includes bonus DVD with the complete music videos for her previously released songs.

Source

#20 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:16 AM

Never gave much thought to Takako despite her being the most popular one with everyone I knew who liked them. Maybe it's Ayumi Shibata/Melon Kinenbi syndrome. Eriko and Hiroko were the best/main singers, Hitoe was the best dancer/girl with weird hair/outfits and Takako was the idol/face. It's trippy that SPEED is only a few years younger than the oldest current members of Morning Musume yet they disbanded in 2000.

Generally liked Eriko with Crunch, Hiro and Hitoe's solo work but kind of lost track of them since. Maybe it's time to give Takako another chance.

Eriko and Hitoe were also in a drama called LxIxVxE or LIVE about a high school brass band in 1999.

SPEED, MAX, Amuro Namie, Nakama Yukie, Orange Range, High and Mighty Color, Gackt, Yui Aragaki, Niigaki Risa, Rimi Natsukawa, Chinen Rina, Oliva, Hattori Hanzo, etc. It's kind of ridiculous how many famous people came out of Okinawa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users