Photo

Talk About Books! What book are you reading?

• Please log in to reply
965 replies to this topic

#1 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

Looking to create H!O's version of the Wu-Tang Clan

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:50 AM

I play games alot but I read a bit as well. Need a balance life style. So what book or books are you reading right now?

I am reading the Legend of the 5 Rings series. I am on book one, or as its called, scroll 1. And if your wondering, its based on the Legend of the 5 rings card game. Just bought it like a week ago. Its ok right now.
Join the Wu!Project...Three Spots Still Open, PM for more information
Listen to the H!O Podcast at the thread!
http://www.hello-onl...?showtopic=6332
Or Go Straight To the Episodes!
http://helloonline.m....com/index.html <---- New Episode Every Saturday Night: Check Your Local Listings

#2 Sophie Rose

Sophie Rose

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:21 AM

I read Life of Pi and Ella Minnow Pea for my AP English Class. :lol: It's enjoyable despite the fact that I need to look up quite a few words.

:D; Life of Pi movie is coming out.. Uh.. Perhaps it's more interesting than the book itself.

#3 jangster

jangster

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 761 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:55 AM

I'm not reading anything at the moment... Probably should start something. But the last book I read was Haruki Murakami's 'Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World'. I loved it. Chances are that the next book I'll be reading is something from him as well.
Posted Image

#4 fr0d0b0ls0n

fr0d0b0ls0n

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1027 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:52 AM

I'm pretty random with my book readings, i'm with with Tough Guys Don't Dance (Norman Mailer) now, a week ago, The Picture of Dorian Gray (Oscar Wilde), a month ago Feet of Clay (Terry Pratchett). Who knows what i'll be reading in a couple of days... (maybe an spanish writer, if a friends lends me El Pintor de Batallas).

I recomend everyone Discworld. Is hard to not love that books...

Aichan - Kamei - Riho - Kaedy - Sakura - Maachan - Fukuchan - Ayumi

#5 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:57 AM

Lol~ i dont read any books at all :XD:

#6 Tanakachi

Tanakachi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1176 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:00 AM

reading the LOTR books again, boring summer makes you do stupid things lol.
Master and Head of the Reina branch
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 sLaVe4MM

sLaVe4MM

Thanks for The Memory, it's been more than beautiful.

• Senpai
  • 3502 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:45 PM

I REALLY surprised my selfthis summer when I read TWO books. WEll three, but I havnt finished it.

Catcher in the Rye
Child called it (havnt finished it)
The Lost Boy

... yeah, I think I read more books that I chose myself during the summer than I did for school! I read during school because it was maditory...

But one of my favorite books would be THe Killing club or Thirteen little blue Envelopes. (I read that for reading log last year)

-sLaVe4MM

http://sweetkaramel....dex.php?act=idx

Pervy Thinkers Association >>LIFE ~ is just another story~2007/7/27<<>>Finally, I get to write again! Get yo KOREAN NEWS!<< CLICKIE ON THE PICIES! They take you to a new world :]

#8 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:07 PM

i just started reading james patterson's 4th of july

#9 sango-chan

sango-chan

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:46 PM

I'm reading The Hunting of the Last Dragon, I really love this book. I've lost count how many times I've read it. :c16:

. Aika Mitsui . Yoshizawa Hitomi . Kanon Suzuki . Taguchi Natsumi . Murota Mizuki . Niinuma Kisora .

#10 †Viriilink

†Viriilink

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:40 PM

Viet to English translation book. I suck at English.

#11 sLaVe4MM

sLaVe4MM

• Senpai
  • 3502 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 04:37 PM

Viet to English translation book. I suck at English.

You seem pretty ok with it to me (especially that Bush speech on the other thread)

-sLAVe4MM

Pervy Thinkers Association >>LIFE ~ is just another story~2007/7/27<<>>Finally, I get to write again! Get yo KOREAN NEWS!<< CLICKIE ON THE PICIES! They take you to a new world :]

#12 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 04:40 PM

Im currently reading this book. Well trying to anyway :XD:

Posted Image

#13 Ash

Ash

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:14 PM

Rereading The Tokyo Zodiac Murders by Shimada and Beast in the Shadows by Edogawa. Both detective novels, though the latter leans strongly on the thriller side. But reading these books is just for filling time, just ordered some new (detective) novels, hope to get them later this week =3
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

#14 sLaVe4MM

sLaVe4MM

• Senpai
  • 3502 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:39 PM

Im currently reading this book. Well trying to anyway :XD:

http://img.photobuck...newyukobook.jpg

so thats how it looks like *0*

Oh do mangas count? XD

-sLaVe4MM

#15 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

Looking to create H!O's version of the Wu-Tang Clan

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:24 PM

yup, manga does count. even the little book that comes in games count.
Join the Wu!Project...Three Spots Still Open, PM for more information
Listen to the H!O Podcast at the thread!
http://www.hello-onl...?showtopic=6332
Or Go Straight To the Episodes!
http://helloonline.m....com/index.html <---- New Episode Every Saturday Night: Check Your Local Listings

#16 sLaVe4MM

sLaVe4MM

• Senpai
  • 3502 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:35 PM

Man do I have a list for you!
Tenshin Ja Nai/Im no Angel
Fruits Basket
Absolute Boyfriend
Aishiterauze Baby
Fairies landing (Korean Manga)
Crossroad
Crimson Hero
Samurai Deeper Kyo (although I think Im gonna drop this series)
Paradise Kiss
Kare First love
Happy Hustle High (actually, I think I finished it, but Im not sure since 5 volumes seems pretty quick)

I dont read them ALL at the same time. I get each one one at a time, or me and my friends trade off. But this is what I havent finished yet. and each series is taking me like years to finish since I just dont wait for a few or one ot come out. But Fairies landing seems to be going the fastest same with Crimson hero, Crossroad, and Tenshin Ja nai.

And because of this list and probobly my total lost of interest, Ive dropped anime completely and moved onto to more manga (like it used to be) and now doramas (korean and Japanese) ^0^

-sLaVe4MM

#17 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 02:14 AM

Since I don't have any required reading, the only thing I'm reading are mangas and novels :/

Boogiepop Phantom 2 (Novel)
Gundam SEED pt 1 (Novel)
Bleach
Inu Yasha (22+) (Yeah, I'm a big IY loser :/)
Full Metal Alchemist
Chrono Crusaide
Fruits Basket
Absolute Boyfriend
Rurouni Kenshin

I read a lot more, but those are just the ones in line that I have to read :XD:

#18 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 02:27 AM

right now i'm on book 7 of The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. There are 11 in the series so far. If you didn't know, it's a fantasy epic. In other words if you like LOTR then you must read this.

I'm also about to buy the next books of both the Sword of Truth series (Terry Goodkind), and A Song of Ice and Fire series (George.R.R.Martin). Both great fantasy sagas that are well worth reading XD
Posted Image SIMPLY THE BEST

#19 greyhorse

greyhorse

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 03:16 AM

right now i'm on book 7 of The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. There are 11 in the series so far. If you didn't know, it's a fantasy epic. In other words if you like LOTR then you must read this.

Uhh...no. Even if you liked LOTR, which I found kinda slow-paced too, you shouldn't read "The Wheel of Time" series. I devoured the first 4 books and couldn't get enough of them, but then I read book 5, then 6, then 7. The pace slows to a crawl people. Nothing happens! I've read some pretty colourful reviews on-line, and I just gotta laugh at the murderous content of some of them. While some people might not mind page after page of endless detail decribing ornamentation of various dresses or the lack of mental stability of our heros, most people I've talked to recommend you to stay the heck away. I would agree, this just isn't everyone's cuppa tea.

#20 greah

greah

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1186 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:14 AM

Im currently reading this book. Well trying to anyway ::lol::

Yuko? :lol:

Posted Image
economy/business book about candles and other japanese techniques of analizing graphs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users