• Please log in to reply
2985 replies to this topic

#1 Spring_rolls

Spring_rolls

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:30 AM

JOhnny's Entertainment is just like Hello!Project but instead of all girls, they are all boys. Are they more popular than the Hello!Project ?? Who is the mothership of their company ? (for ex. MM is the main group for Hello!Project)

#2 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:03 AM

they are only like OMG big in Japan = No.1 singles and the such reaching in excess of 100,000 per single.

Groups belonging to JE = SMAP, TOKIO, Kinki Kids, Kattun, V6, Arashi, NEWS, Tackey and Tsubasa
Special groups: Kanjani8, Shuuji and Akira etc

even the old groups Hikari Genji and Shonentai belong to them.
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#3 boykun

boykun

たまねぎ!!

• Senpai
  • 275 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:28 AM

Johnny's Ent. is not just Hello!Project but with guys. they are far more popular and have been around much much longer than Hello!Project (i believe since the 60s). for those many years, Johnny's Ent still puts out acts and songs that top the music, drama, and tv charts.

Hello!Project really needs to take a page out of the Johnny's book
2001-2005 ..good days.. good times.

Posted Image
breakfast time . wallpaper.download

#4 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:37 AM

I'm not a fan (though my friend is/was), but I can tell you a lot of them are hawt~t. :blush :lol:

Anyway, just by watching from the sidelines, I can tell you that SMAP is probably their biggest act. And isn't one of the guys that hosts Utaban a member of SMAP? All I know is every time I see them, he looks so out of place ::P: And I know Jun (Arashi) from all the Jdoramas he does (And his good looks >_>).

And I remember readin some stuff by pippi who said that a lot of JE fans don't like H!P :XD: (Which wouldn't surprise me, my friend can't stand MoMusu.)

#5 Buson

Buson

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:06 AM

Johnny's = Japanese male idols industry/legend
Wiki is your friend - JP wiki's page on Johnny's is pretty good, but I'm not familiar with English wiki or theppn, so....

Johnny's Ent. is not just Hello!Project but with guys. they are far more popular and have been around much much longer than Hello!Project (i believe since the 60s). for those many years, Johnny's Ent still puts out acts and songs that top the music, drama, and tv charts.

Hello!Project really needs to take a page out of the Johnny's book

It would've been done long ago if it could be done easily...female entertainers just work in different ways than male entertainers, not to mention in the highly patriarchical Japan. But the campaign for Ayu's 40th single obviously copied some steps from Johnny's and it worked pretty well for her, so...we'll see.
川o・-・)∬´▽`∬从‘ 。‘从(●´ー`)

#6 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:49 AM

en wiki page on JE is apparently is written by non-supporters.. since they talk abt the dubious happenings on Johnny Kitagawa ::lol::
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#7 Spring_rolls

Spring_rolls

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:51 AM

Oh I see.

I bet most of their fans are girls.

#8 Eryri

Eryri

Keeper Of The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:59 PM

And isn't one of the guys that hosts Utaban a member of SMAP?

Yes, you're quite right. Nakai Masahiro of SMAP is indeed one of the hosts of Utaban.

#9 bobo91

bobo91

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:33 PM

I am a huge fan of the Johnny's Entertainment, my favourite groups are Kat-Tun, NewS and Kanjani8.
What I know is that Johnny's Entertainment don't really have a mothership like Hello! Project has Morning Musume. I use to think that is properly SMAP but there are too many groups so is really hard to say who's actually the main group.

Here are the groups that are in Johnny's Entertainment that I know:

ABC & ABC Jr, Arashi, FIVE, Four Tops, J.J.Express, Kanjani8, Kat-Tun, Kinki Kids, Kis-My-Ft, Musical Academy, NewS, Question, SMAP, Tackey & Tsubasa, Tokio, V6, Ya-Ya-Yah.

There are so many, is really hard to remember!

Posted Image
{ Narsha; Yuri; NaNa }
*Nana icon credit to minlights*

#10 taiyogal

taiyogal

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:23 PM

I'm a big big big fan of Johnny's. My favorite group is Ya-Ya-yah. Hm... I don't know if it's true about Johnny's fans disliking H!P. I like H!P and I know other gals do too. I can't remember finding ppl hating them..

#11 ka-chan

ka-chan

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:38 AM

im a fan too. my favourites are V6, news, kanjani8, kat-tun, arashi.

i haven't met a je fan who dislikes h!p.

#12 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:05 PM

My absolute favorite is Kanjani8. They're hilarious, and loud. Must be the Kansai in them. :blink: I love NewS also. I'm completely obsessed with Ryo-chan, so any group he's in is a favorite of mine.

I'm still waiting for Uchi and Kusano to come back. :crying Hope it'll be soon. I miss them. . .
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#13 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:05 PM

so far my fav has to be the kinki kids I really didnt care for them until sanrio here in the forum gave me alot of their mp3s i have to say not bad i do like smap but today after reading the older post in this thread i never realize that guy from Utaban is from smap well you learn something new everyday i guess :blink:
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#14 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:41 AM

johnny and tsunku are really different except for the facts that they both like big numbers and they do training kids

johnny's raise the company with the name of the company, and all the money he can invest, having ppl giving him advices, etc. infact, he's kinda even earned enough that any decision he makes right now he wouldn't care too much.

but tsunku.....he raise the company with HIS abitilies, write the songs, make all the decisions, giving all the surprises, choosing all the girls, etc.

so yea, tsunku is doing WAYYYYYYYYYYY more work and more risky stuff, and seems like he's not doing too good

and my fav from johnny's are: kinki kids. V6. Arashi. Kat-tun. Tackey and Tsubasa.
i never liked the jrs. too much...

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#15 milkberry

milkberry

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:12 PM

Yeah... I don't think that H!P and JE are all that similar. They DO have Johnny's Jr. which would equal H!P Kids I guess. And I noticed that Hello! Morning is a rather similar to what the Ya-ya-yah USED to be like.

Oh yeah, and the magazine Friday likes to target Johnny's just as much as they like H!P girls. :\

I am a huuuuge Johnny's fan. :) I used to frequent quite a few Johnny's communities and I think a lot of the fans probably do prefer not to hear about Morning Musume. <3 But they don't really talk about them unless a dating rumor comes up or something (but JE + H!P rumors don't seem to crop up that much?)

I think the BIG difference between the success of Johnny's and H!P is the Japanese fanbase. Johnny's is basically marketed towards... anyone female. x_x They have younger groups for the younger girls, groups like KAT-TUN that have the ability to catch both younger and older female fans (my mother is a KAT-TUN fan... >_>) and senpai groups that have teenage girl fans as well as housewife fans.

I can't say I know that much about H!P since I'm quite a new fan, but in Japan their fanbase is mostly... older men. (saw a clip on youtube once of the fans doing a wota dance before a concert or something :)) It's probably more looked down on if a grown man is buying all this merchandise of teenage girls. I dunno, that's my view of it anyway...

Wow I wrote like, an essay. :angry: One last thing: if Aibon comes back, then I want to see Uchi and Kusano come back to NEWS!! (all three were screwed over by Friday >_<)

'cause you ain't the only ones who wanna live it up,
you ain't the only ones.

#16 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:34 PM

One last thing: if Aibon comes back, then I want to see Uchi and Kusano come back to NEWS!!

AMEN to that! :angry:
Except it has already been announced that Uchi's returning, but only as a trainee, along with Kusano. What I really want is to hear that Uchi's joining up with Kanjani8 again, because they've been Kanjani7 for about two years now. I can't bear it! <3
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#17 milkberry

milkberry

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:11 AM

One last thing: if Aibon comes back, then I want to see Uchi and Kusano come back to NEWS!!

AMEN to that! XD
Except it has already been announced that Uchi's returning, but only as a trainee, along with Kusano. What I really want is to hear that Uchi's joining up with Kanjani8 again, because they've been Kanjani7 for about two years now. I can't bear it! XD

Yeah, and a month or two ago everyone was in an uproar about how they were out of the group for good... I don't believe that, though. I dunno. I've been a fan for over two years now and it's hard to see two members get suspended and having the group going on hiatus. Even though they're back it's not the same with six members. I miss the good old days. XD;

Since I'm more of a NEWS fan so I don't really have an opinion on K8. XD

you ain't the only ones.

#18 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:22 AM

i want to see akanishi come back to Kat-tun....
well i only like kat-tun for kameri and their songs (infact there's 1 guy in kat-tun i hate)
but without akanishi kat-tun just doesn't spell kat-tun anymore...

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#19 milkberry

milkberry

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:16 AM

LOL! Yeah, Akanishi Jin is the only one in KAT-TUN who has a good singing voice. XD I'm not being biased or anything either, because Kame was my favorite member. (he was the first Johnny's guy I liked, but I'm not much of a KAT-TUN fan anymore)

But Jin's having too much fun partying in LA. >_>;;

(infact there's 1 guy in kat-tun i hate)

haha which one is that? XD

you ain't the only ones.

#20 gaijin_mmlove

gaijin_mmlove

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:52 AM

LOL! Yeah, Akanishi Jin is the only one in KAT-TUN who has a good singing voice. XD I'm not being biased or anything either, because Kame was my favorite member. (he was the first Johnny's guy I liked, but I'm not much of a KAT-TUN fan anymore)

But Jin's having too much fun partying in LA. >_>;;

(infact there's 1 guy in kat-tun i hate)

haha which one is that? XD

Man, I thought I was the only one who thought that KAT-TUN had a few...less than talented singers. It's so good that they set so many records, though!
I really miss Kusano, his body rolls were just too hot. Plus, he completed the Kato/Koyama/Kusano circle, which was my favorite friend pairing in JE.
Did anyone here see the Tegomass Domoto Kyoudai from late last year? Tegoshi's idea of a romantic evening is really nice and Massu's just plain horny XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users