• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 Ishikawa Minoru

Ishikawa Minoru

6th gen member

• Banned
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:03 PM

I think one thing people often dont understand about things like the Hello Project is that the culture behind is so different from western cultures and to undertand it just alittle is a major step towards not just dismissing it as trash without even giving it a chance. Just curioues of what interpreation of the world Banal or Banality you are using they are all similar but im using probably using the most obscure meaning of it. But either way you understood the point. XD

I'm not using the exact definition,as that carries a very pejorative meaning(as it'd imply you find it boring),but rather assuming banal implies their music lacks that "refined" chracter the elites give some random songs.

#22 rngoqmeqwe

rngoqmeqwe

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2507 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 12:58 AM

I think one thing people often dont understand about things like the Hello Project is that the culture behind is so different from western cultures and to undertand it just alittle is a major step towards not just dismissing it as trash without even giving it a chance. Just curioues of what interpreation of the world Banal or Banality you are using they are all similar but im using probably using the most obscure meaning of it. But either way you understood the point. :)

I'm not using the exact definition,as that carries a very pejorative meaning(as it'd imply you find it boring),but rather assuming banal implies their music lacks that "refined" chracter the elites give some random songs.

I just think that good music is that music that can do something on you, make you feel sad, happy, whatever, if the song have this power, for me is a good song

And one more thing about what kireikoori and Eryri said up there, I think that's because Koizumi-san (PM of Japan) likes Morning Musume, dealing with so much bad stuff I think he likes to do the same of everyone, after work, go home and put MM on the stereo :XD:

#23 yakuruto

yakuruto

おーはー!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 599 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:46 AM

Well, I know Japanese and sometimes I feel good about others not understanding what some of the songs say, I would feel embarrassed if they did because honestly speaking, many of them don't make any sense at all (I like them anyway, even when some times can be boring, like Sexy Night - wasurerarenai kare- which I don't like). Let's not forget that they're just products, music for the masses, not exactly intended to transmit any feeling but transmit the money from the listeners pockets to Tsunku and friends' pockets. You like them or not, and if you do (like I do) you listen to them, pay for their products and enjoy them. As Himalia said, to each his own.
Posted Image

#24 rngoqmeqwe

rngoqmeqwe

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2507 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:56 AM

let's not forget that they're just consume products, music for the masses, not exactly intended to transmit any feeling but transmit the money from the listeners pockets to tsunku and friends' pockets. You like them or not, and if you do (like I do) you listen to them, pay for their products and enjoy them, as Himalia said, to each his own.

LOL :XD:
Good one, but well people that don't have conditions to buy (like me), I think can do nothing about it, but the ones who can, could (and should) buy their products, cause we have to remember that they live with our (fans') money, and without money, there's no H!P

#25 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:44 AM

And one more thing about what kireikoori and Eryri said up there, I think that's because Koizumi-san (PM of Japan) likes Morning Musume, dealing with so much bad stuff I think he likes to do the same of everyone, after work, go home and put MM on the stereo :XD:

Yay Koizumi! I hear he also likes X Japan and Elvis. Can't do much better than the prime minister himself!
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#26 Ishikawa Minoru

Ishikawa Minoru

6th gen member

• Banned
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:09 PM

Well, I know Japanese and sometimes I feel good about others not understanding what some of the songs say, I would feel embarrassed if they did because honestly speaking, many of them don't make any sense at all (I like them anyway, even when some times can be boring, like Sexy Night - wasurerarenai kare- which I don't like). Let's not forget that they're just products, music for the masses, not exactly intended to transmit any feeling but transmit the money from the listeners pockets to Tsunku and friends' pockets. You like them or not, and if you do (like I do) you listen to them, pay for their products and enjoy them. As Himalia said, to each his own.

I think your point of view serves to perpetuate the innacurate portrait the general public paints when it comes to music and musicians.
I'm not particularly skilled when it comes to music...well,in fact I don't know whether I am skilled or not because I have never been given classes or attempted to play an intstrument,etc.I've always been told you were either "born" with music talent or not.The same thing went for drawing...till I got fed up and eventually learned to draw on my own. After a couple of months praticing with a book I found called "The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" I actually learned how to picture and represent objects the way artists do and got to a level where I'm pretty comfortable drawing portraits,landscapes,etc.
The thing is the people who said I had no talent whatsoever finnaly had to shut the hell up and suck it.I have no respect for them at all.This goes for all "artists",painters,musicians and all that crap. I met a couple of them who think they're above the "rest of us".Sure you can play the piano....when you're taught,day after day,hour after hour since you were a kid....you'll get used to it and do well.But that doesn't make you anyone special.
With this I meant to say musicians compose and sing songs because they want to earn money...we all work/study because we want money.That's obvious.
Music for the masses...what use is a song only a few self-styled "chosen by God" elite can listen to?Was it composed so they could discuss the post-modern implications of the crap they came up with?Probably that's what they had in mind.
So,yeah,who cares about the enlightened, musically aware public?They're just a bunch of useless post-modern bastards.They don't know anything and just put up a facade.They can't even speak Japanese so who the hell do they think they are to tell me what I should or shouldn't listen to?
Next time an artists ask you to write their name in Kanji write "---". Maybe with a little bit of abuse they could have learned how the shut up.

#27 kamegoo

kamegoo

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4517 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:49 AM

ah...they do have healing powers...or should i say music has healing powers..whenever im angry it makes me calm down...when im sad makes me happy.... :lol:
and sometimes when i listen to it..i feel a mixture of excitement,sadness and happiness in my tummy..i become hyper..LOL..
3Y2YJ.png
cr: R/M & SweetHoney

#28 zeroboy

zeroboy

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

listening to any H!P music... Morning Musume in particular... inspires me to work harder... I don't really know why, though. it's just that i can think clearly whenever I listen to their music. <3
Posted Image Posted Image

#29 kamegoo

kamegoo

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4517 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:51 AM

listening to any H!P music... Morning Musume in particular... inspires me to work harder... I don't really know why, though. it's just that i can think clearly whenever I listen to their music. ^_^

oh yes..that right... :rolleyes:
3Y2YJ.png
cr: R/M & SweetHoney

#30 Risa/Misa

Risa/Misa

High Priestess of Aikastan

• Senpai
  • 8353 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:33 AM

Damn, I love Koi ING.

That song is my happy crack. I swear whenever I feel left out of given up I listen to this song and I feel like I can actually do something. Also the person who first made me listen to this song is a really dear friend. So I think of us and the good times we have together while playing this song. I wish helps me with headaches and in mellow moods. Chokkan2 remix helps me get pumped. :rolleyes:

23vete9.jpg
Xxx Part of the Aika Fan Family ☆☆☆ My Tumblr ☆☆☆ Voted Mitsui Aika's Greatest Fan '10 xxX
♥♥♥ Avatar & Signature made by Me ♥♥♥

#31 mitsuboshi

mitsuboshi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:37 PM

I listened to Motokare by ayaya yesterday, and I started crying
and couldn't stop.
Not to cool , huh? :D

#32 Pex

Pex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 900 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:10 AM

I listened to Motokare by ayaya yesterday, and I started crying
and couldn't stop.
Not to cool , huh? :(

Some songs will do that to you. Aichan's solo single, "Furusato", and BoA's "Every Heart", among several others, do that to me. Heck, I cry when I hear the theme song for "The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh". But sometimes a good cry can do you a world of good. :(
Avatar courtesy of the very talented Risa/Misa

#33 iwanttocarvetheturkey

iwanttocarvetheturkey

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:50 PM

helps with stress me thinks, once i start listening and get some obssessiveness going i completely forget what im worrying about:P

#34 Jun Wolf

Jun Wolf

Demon

• Senpai
  • 654 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:39 AM

A for sure stress reliver! The world can hand me a bucket of crap, and I feel much better with some Morning Musume.

The videos have a better effect than just the music! :ph34r:

Posted Image

#35 Moogu

Moogu

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 595 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:50 PM

im nto sure if this thread is for sharing experiences or not, but i was in a fight with one of my best frds from school and i fel like crap when i came home. I went to my computer and started to play songs from my japanese folder. I added a ton of songs but the song that soothed me the most was MoMus' "I Wish". It really calmed me down and i felt better right after.

Still in Love with

TANAKA REINA!

Posted Image

#36 Radicalpatriot

Radicalpatriot

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:44 AM

Hello Project music as therapy? Absolutely. By mid-2006 my life was so screwed up I had no idea where to turn. Then I remembered a version of "Say Yeah" I listened to on the Internet and it really jolted me, in a good way. I kept digging around online until Hello Project, Morning Musume, Berryz and C-ute all surfaced, and I must they Hello Project has saved me. I would either be dead or sequestered forever in some mental institution had it not been for H!P. Actually, a little Auymi Hamasaki also played into it, but she took a back seat as the Morning Musume material began to unfold. It's all good.

#37 mitsuboshi

mitsuboshi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:22 PM

I showed some of my friends a couple of H!P songs,
and they both agreed that the became happy by listening.
And that is one of the main reasons why I listen to it :blink:

#38 Aibon_Ftw

Aibon_Ftw

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:35 AM

Robokiss makes me happy. Lol.

#39 Whiteshade

Whiteshade

.:Destiny Hacker:.

• Kouhai
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:47 PM

I have recurrent bouts of depression (still wondering whether it's just a phase, or really something clinical), and I find that listening to most H!P songs actually cheers me up somewhat. I remembered writing a blog entry sometime back about how music is kinda like food. You need a healthy balance.

And H!P music is like comfort food for the soul. :)
Posted Image
Bringing back the flag.

#40 Radicalpatriot

Radicalpatriot

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:52 PM

Before colliding with Hello Project through the Internet last year, I was a frustrated, unhappy former music teacher, college professor and journalist, in a midlife-crisis quagmire with no way out. Now, just over a year later, I am a working journalist with all manner of artistic sidelines going, and I'm even going back to Puffy AmiYumi concerts whenever they swing through the U.S.

In other words, Tsunku's vision has turned me around. That goes for everybody -- the legendary "varsity" team, Morning Musume; the "J.V." team, Berryz Kobo; the "freshman" unit, C-ute; the tiny and talented H!P Pro Eggs, fantastic elders like Yossi, Abe, Konno, Yaguchi, Melon Kinenbi, V-u-den, and on and on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users