• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Garamon

Garamon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1000 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:09 PM

I don't know if this thread is un-necessary, but I have felt really healed or cheered up by listening to H!P music, especially Berryz Koubou. I know it's Tsunku that's written most/all of their songs, but it's the girls who provide it... like nurses... cute nurses is best imo. :lol:

Edit: I don't think I have a physical illness, so I apologize if anyone with a physical illness takes offence from what I wrote. I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend.

#2 Eryri

Eryri

Keeper Of The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:57 PM

I kinda understand what you mean. Whenever I have a bad day at work I come home and put MM on my stereo. It's like therapy of sorts, their music does make you feel better.

#3 tommythecat

tommythecat

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:59 PM

I concur, J-pop in general does it for me... It always makes my mood change from bad to great :lol:

Posted Image

No one can ever replace you Makoto

#4 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:12 AM

I don't know if this thread is un-necessary, but I have felt really healed or cheered up by listening to H!P music, especially Berryz Koubou. I know it's Tsunku that's written most/all of their songs, but it's the girls who provide it... like nurses... cute nurses is best imo. :lol:

Edit: I don't think I have a physical illness, so I apologize if anyone with a physical illness takes offence from what I wrote. I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend.

hehehe.. yea im already liking Berryz music too.. but of course most if not all H!P music is very *cheerful*... anyway, except when i play it in the car.. and the ma'am is present.. hahaha.. she would change it immediately.. :c33:

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

#5 black velvet

black velvet

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 476 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:50 AM

Definitely a cure to sadness! :lol:

One time, I plugged in some H!P songs when I had a headache, and it went away! :P I kid you not! (Of course, it was a slow, soothing song.)

#6 Jpopgoestheweasel

Jpopgoestheweasel

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:15 AM

i know what you mean, ive had H!P songs heal my headaches also. I once made a mistake thinking that berryz could help me run a mile continuously....they're angels, but not real ones :lol: Maybe if they were actually running with me, now THAT would make me run 10 miles...maybe more!

#7 J*Paragon

J*Paragon

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:45 AM

Lol, I guess the thing is that H!P is mainly upbeat and happy music, and I dunno, that stuff somehow relieves a lot of stress, which incidentally is the root cause of many other problems too. Take MM's Koi ING for instance. Really powerful as a song, nice to have playing when you're down. Comforting, no?

I dunno why it works though... I remember at some sort of seminar or something that I attended that some aspects of music, like tempo, affect the brain subliminally. Say you have really hard and fast J-rock playing in the background, chances are you won't be able to sleep very well... you're brain is keeping up with it somehow, but you're more alert and productivity might increase. I think this works with termites too, they work a lot faster with rock music on. I don't really remember everything, but at least I took something away from that seminar...

Damn, I love Koi ING.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Infinite Loop

Infinite Loop

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:47 AM

I don't know about physical healing, but certainly there are a lot of H!P songs that make me happier and help me keep going throughout the day. A few times a day I'll just stop and do nothing but listen to a current favourite, particularly right after I wake up and right before bed. Sometimes the PV helps, too.

As far as pure happiness, nothing's been putting a smile on my face like Lucky Cha Cha Cha - and nothing gets me ready to face the world better than the shiny Chokkan 2 subbed close-up version PV :P
...loopinfiniteloopinfiniteloopinfiniteloop...

#9 Tanakacchi

Tanakacchi

Never stop loving Reina! <3

• Shinmem
  • 762 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:23 PM

listening 2 the slow music that i like relaxs me if i'm too tense or sumthing, so yeh, H!P goes well with me :P
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image= This looked cute so i thought it would be nice for u Gaki-san fans to look at :)

#10 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 05:27 AM

haha story of my H!P fanaticism, i won't bore you with the whole story but here it is in a nutshell,me listen to Go Girl~Koi No Victory, me see tanaka reina in all her cuteness, me happy cheerful person now

actually what the heck why not...
ok some of you may know this story since i've become great friends with some members (and former members) of this forum. well anyway to put it short, i used to be a mental wreck, very sensitive, and thus usually i'd be seen all depressed and sad and stuff. well i was a big gackt fan during this time, and i saw this one vid of gackt going on a date with aibon, so i was like hmm aibon...wikipedia'd it and found out she was in this group called morning musume...hmm...checked it out and first thing that popped up was...the song go girl koi no victory, i listened to that and something just changed. i don't remember why but at the time i was feeling especially down but i heard it and suddenly...i was smiling. well that was the main explanation for my early posts here in the forum...that was my obsessvieness as a result of my getting so into this group because it literally changed my life. and that's my story, the story of azn, the H!O tanaka fanatic (well...not really so much anymore :lol: that title belongs to some other members now ^____^)
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#11 Garamon

Garamon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1000 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 07:52 AM

Go Girl! Koi no Victory is one of my favorite songs (i.e. PVs), especially when it comes to lifting your spirits. I always have to smile when I see the cute girls going "suki"/"daisuki". :lol:

Glad it helped you too aznanimedude. <3

#12 fang

fang

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:39 AM

This thread was necessary. We can relate to this because I agree with you. I always listen to H!P songs when I drive to school or somewhere. I just plug my iPod mini to the car cassette player. I have the iPod to cassette adapter. It makes the drive fun. When I'm down, I just listen to some Morning Musume songs especially Go Girl ~Koi no Victory~, Do it! Now, and Koi ING to lift my spirits back up.

#13 hollowmoon

hollowmoon

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 03:50 AM

Three or so years ago my family had just moved to Maine where we live now, I had just started a new job that I wasn't sure I was qualified for (it turns out I did because I'm still there and running the place), missed my old friends and was generally having a rough and really depressing time.

It was Morning Musume's I Wish that got me through that. I still get teary eyed when I listen to it now and remember how much it helped me get through everything.

Music is a wonderful thing, your own personal soundtrack through life. It's with you through everything, good times and bad.

#14 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:02 AM

The Power is strongest of all i've ever had.....................................................................

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#15 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:02 PM

I kinda understand what you mean. Whenever I have a bad day at work I come home and put MM on my stereo. It's like therapy of sorts, their music does make you feel better.

Oh yes! I reaaaallllly feel you there! All it seems I have time to do lately is go to school, go to work and come home and study. I don't watch much TV anymore(unless recording of H!P on my computer counts).

If you come home and watch the news the world is all political and sad....especially right now it seems. When you only have so much of the day to enjoy what litte freetime you have really counts. And after a hard day...there's nothing like coming home to warm cute faces. :c16:

Now that I have such little time now I can't believe i've wasted valuable time of my life reading about news/world issues/politics/depressing crap.

And even the most depressing of things H!P can cure. H!P has healing powers! No matter how much junk you have in your system H!P makes you feel so much better.
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#16 Ishikawa Minoru

Ishikawa Minoru

6th gen member

• Banned
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:22 PM

I truly feel indebted to Hello! Project in general and Momusu in particular.If it hadn't been for them I honestly don't think I'd be writting this message today.
The world is a sad and depressing place...this is all a huge charade,our future,our destiny is already predetermined by the powers that be. It's all a conspiracy.We're fed propaganda all the time via the controlled media.Very few people actually realize the current state of affairs but since they can control us via the standard american media,there's got to be a way to counter it:Hello! Project.Not just Hello! Project but non-americanized Japanese media in general,but for me H!P above everything.
They give me the strenght to fight,because I truly believe in the brighter future...after the deluge we shall stand proud and finnally live in peace.
I want to protect them against those monsters....the merchants of death that go around manipulating world events and fueling war.
So,keep listening to Hello! Project songs...everytime you can.I suggest you spend as much time watching Japanese TV as you watch foreign media...so that the brain washing is neutralized. I don't know if this is factual but I'm aware the US did carry mind controlling projects,so who knows what they're trying to do with us.
I've burned a couple of disks with Go Girl ~Koi no Victory~, Ikimashoi!, Do it! Now and Special Generation for my friends to watch. I have a feeling they really need it,otherwise they'll just become mindless slaves.

#17 yakuruto

yakuruto

おーはー!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 599 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:43 PM

Well, you guys feel like that because you like H!P concept, but H!P songs can have the exact opposite effect on other people. I like several Jpop/Jrock artists and get somethimes boosted by H!P music, but my brother, being an anti-Japan kindda guy gets annoyed and sometimes even agry when I play it, specially MM. I guess it's all about what to like to hear and the mood you're in when you hear it, but no one can deny music has hidden powers XD sa couple of exampleas are that Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's music activate synapsis and help improving brain cells's protective layer, just like cow produce more milk when they hear Elvis music XD (sorry, forgot where I read about this so I can provide bibliography)
Posted Image

#18 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:22 PM

Hmm actually getting angry when someone plays HP music sounds abit much but o well each to there own i guess.

I understand entirely what is being said here on the whole HP music is fundamentally pick you up feel good music extremly low banality its great stuff and can easily cheer me up. Then again i rarely feel down but that could be partially because i listen to it so much XD

#19 Ishikawa Minoru

Ishikawa Minoru

6th gen member

• Banned
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:40 PM

I understand entirely what is being said here on the whole HP music is fundamentally pick you up feel good music extremly low banality its great stuff and can easily cheer me up. Then again i rarely feel down but that could be partially because i listen to it so much XD

You brought up a good point.Most people are know tend to call Morning Musume,Berryz Koubou,etc, banal, eurovision kind of bands. This gets on my nerves and I've gotten in a couple of fights in the past over this issue. Why is it "banal"?Because the establishment oppposes it.Just because the intelectual elites don't feel Tsunku and the girls are up to their propagandistic standards.
What's stunning about this is that the people criticizing it cannot even pick the words spoken in plain english in the songs I listen to. They have absolutely no idea what they're saying...they can't even read kana,so who the hell do they think they are even to utter a single word about Momusu?Sure they say music is universal and all that crap,but because they're unable to understand the language they're completely incapable of understanding the inner complexties of their songs,the way the Japanese People think,because they're ignorant monolingual gaijin.
EDIT:Please have in mind I am not attacking you personally.From what I could gather you're a huge devoted fan with a collection I truly envy.
I just meant to criticise the general public.

#20 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:58 PM

I think one thing people often dont understand about things like the Hello Project is that the culture behind is so different from western cultures and to undertand it just alittle is a major step towards not just dismissing it as trash without even giving it a chance. Just curioues of what interpreation of the world Banal or Banality you are using they are all similar but im using probably using the most obscure meaning of it. But either way you understood the point. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users