1673 replies to this topic

#81 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:09 PM

Thanx for the radio rip!!
It's a great song and they sound amazing!!!!

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#82 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:06 PM

thanks for the b-sides bv, downloading it now. my connection soo slow too day

racequeen.jpg

#83 H!P46

H!P46

바나나컨셉트!

• Senpai
  • 1854 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:29 PM

After about 30 listens to Thanks! I've decided the following... Miki has a more distinctive voice than Aya which is why she sounds more prominent (but we knew that anyway). About the song itself, part of the intro sounds a bit like a rocked up version of Ne~e; parts of the song remind me of Ambitious! Yashinteki de Ii Jan, Iroppoi Jirettai and a few other MM songs; and obviously with all the "arigatou, arigatou" it reminds me of Hyacinth! Conclusion: it's a song that was made by recycling previous songs but that still doesn't stop me loving it!
Blog Translations

从'v') The Kitty, Miki Fujimoto
从' 。'从  The Monkey, Aya Matsuura

#84 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 09:46 PM

Listened to thanks all night yesterday. Listened to it biking to work. Listened to it at work (9h, with a 30min break while playing Tekken). Listened to it on my way home from work. And I'm listening to it now...

God I love that song. (The intro is so my style)
:P

#85 Sophie Rose

Sophie Rose

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:01 AM

I concluded after listening to both singles, I like the B-side more. XDD

Mirage Romance was it? It sounds rather Angsty though.

#86 Henna

Henna

Addicted to Music

• Senpai
  • 851 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:07 AM

Well posted this on the Miki thread sorry for the double-posting:

Listen to "Thanks" yesterday, its a decent song but I really got mixed emotion on this one, I like the song and I think it'll probably grow on me more once the PV comes out. I just feel like that they could have done "Thanks" better than it is considering its Aya and Miki singing, they didn't really take full advantage of the vocal talent with these two gals.

Plus Miki definetely own this song, if I hadn't know better, I would have thought this was a Miki solo song instead of GAM.

I like "Mirage Romance" alot more than "Thanks" and I seriously hope that this isn't the last we hear from GAM because I really think they didn't use Miki and Aya to their full potential on this single. This is Miki and Aya we're talking about here, two of the best, if not the best singer in H!P stable, they can do much, much better....

Oh well, I'm still planning to buy the single when it comes out and support GAM...
~Nothing

#87 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:36 AM

I think everybody that aren't really _that_ fond of the song will change after seeing the PV. I mean.. Well.. I got my Conter Tour 2006 Rainbow 7 DVD in the mail today. And the seeing the initial 10secs of Miki's Giniro no Eien just made me :P . Miki's GAM's stretching out all over my 110" screen was somewhat of a revelation. :blush

I knew how GAMtastic 110" inch of GAMazing Miki and Aya GAM's will look. And all I can do now is smile.. Smile, coz I know that the future will bring us something great. :wink: So to those who have doubt.. Stop doubting.. The future will smile a Great Aya and Miki smile on us.
And for a couple of seconds I just sat there stunned and totally out of it.. When they finally switched angle I snapped back to reality, but then I knew.. I knew what GAM is all about.

#88 Buson

Buson

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:31 AM

B: Katie, what do you think of GAM's Thanks!?
Katie: Back in the big band era, every top orchestras had to have one instantly identifiable trumpet to front the band and to scream on top of it all. Thanks! shows off the wonderful result of Miki's training in Morning Musume. Meanwhile Aya has grown to appreciate the quiet subtleties that don't seem to go anywhere but cut every corners and eventually always bring you to unexpectedlly pleasant places. That's why Shinkirou Romance is a more elastic gum, I mean, GAM.

B: Elvis, do you have any thing you want to add?
Elvis: With Aya, you've got to be there and have some curiosity about the music. In a certain register I get very loud, and when you're trying to sing harmony--even with Aya just five feet away--there's a point after which I'll only hear myself. That's not a good thing, you know. You tend to remember the more intimate voice on a duet, not the screaming madman.

B: But Tsunku-san seems to have abandoned harmonics to themselves. Nonetheless the pop songs.....wait, we have some more here. Wait, Kamei has some thing to say too.
ノノ〃^ー^): *recovers from titter* Fujimoto-san.....is really strong.

B: Okay, that was it. The first impression!
川o・-・)∬´▽`∬从‘ 。‘从(●´ー`)

#89 tern

tern

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:14 AM

I really liked this song, listened to it a whole lot today. As for what it reminds me of, I could see the whole PV looking like "Uwasa no SEXY GUY" dance edit video. It just has that same sort of feel and style to it. Very faced-paced and frenetic, just how I like my pop. :P

Could Miki basically be the fronting vocals of this group to possibly kick-off a coming solo career? Aya's well-established and already has a lot behind her, but this is just like a huge commercial for how good Miki would be on her own.
May I love you forever?

#90 H!P46

H!P46

바나나컨셉트!

• Senpai
  • 1854 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:37 AM

I just feel like that they could have done "Thanks" better than it is considering its Aya and Miki singing, they didn't really take full advantage of the vocal talent with these two gals.
[...]
I like "Mirage Romance" alot more than "Thanks" and I seriously hope that this isn't the last we hear from GAM because I really think they didn't use Miki and Aya to their full potential on this single. This is Miki and Aya we're talking about here, two of the best, if not the best singer in H!P stable, they can do much, much better....

I'm adamant that Aya is the best singer in H!P and my favourite but I'm not sure whether Miki is the second best or not. She is, however, my second favourite, a long way ahead of Aichan. Anyway, like I said, I love Thanks! but I can see how it could be so much better which in a way makes me more excited about what's to come. I mean you don't want to completely knock everyone out with your first song or else everything that follows will be a disappointment.
Blog Translations

从'v') The Kitty, Miki Fujimoto
从' 。'从  The Monkey, Aya Matsuura

#91 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:52 PM

heard the songs yesterday (thanks to Proto), and was quite surprised actually.
Thanks! is the weaker of the two i think, but both songs are worthy of GAM in my opinion. Obviously there has to be more to come (there better be anyway), so those of you who feel slightly let down should wait and see....
Miki and Aya's voices didnt blend as well as people were saying if you ask me.....it kinda sounds like one voice. so maybe they do blend well :huh . im not sure....all i know is i like it :P
BRING ON THE PV!!!!!!!
Posted Image SIMPLY THE BEST

#92 black velvet

black velvet

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:48 PM

Mirage Romance was it? It sounds rather Angsty though.

(蜃気楼ロマンス = Shinkrou Romansu) Nice name, I think. I like both songs just as good, but the b-side is growing on me more, because I fall in love so easily with ballads. :blush

I'm glad we got a preview for this, because we were all going crazy with the GAM talk! ("What's the song going to be like? Rock? Pop? Ballad? Dance?" We still know the PV is going to be great, though!) I'm seeing this as an experimental group for Tsunku, since he said he isn't sure how long this will last. But, I think he's depending on their sales. So, could this mean the more people that buy the singles, the longer this group will last? If that happens, will he make them something more extraordinary? So, this could be considered the first step!

Buson: Good first impressions! I agree with a lot with what Elvis said, but does that make Miki the screaming maniac? :D

rahvin: I'm glad you finally got to hear it! :w00t!:

#93 black velvet

black velvet

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 476 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:00 PM

Posted Image
:c16:

#94 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:55 PM

Yummy! Posted Image

#95 fang

fang

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 274 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:27 PM

heard the songs yesterday (thanks to Proto), and was quite surprised actually.
Thanks! is the weaker of the two i think, but both songs are worthy of GAM in my opinion. Obviously there has to be more to come (there better be anyway), so those of you who feel slightly let down should wait and see....
Miki and Aya's voices didnt blend as well as people were saying if you ask me.....it kinda sounds like one voice. so maybe they do blend well :huh . im not sure....all i know is i like it :D
BRING ON THE PV!!!!!!!

It sounds great but I think I hear Miki's voice more in Thanks! I guess Miki's voice is louder...?

Thanks black velvet for the preview of the songs.

#96 Sophie Rose

Sophie Rose

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 371 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:44 PM

Posted Image

Single Cover.

The font reminds me of the Makeup MAC. XDD

#97 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:50 PM

Give me the single now! :c40: The cover looks awsome.. :c16: I want one NOW!!1
Just realized that I haven't preordered it yet. Yeah.. I know.. It's pretty GAMateurish of me. Better do it right away. :D

#98 pigmin0239

pigmin0239

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:50 AM

The single cover is gamazing :c16:
I just don't like the font in yellow color :)
nothing lasts forever!

#99 Henna

Henna

Addicted to Music

• Senpai
  • 851 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:56 AM

Posted Image

Now this my friends is a sexy cover. I love their pose and they way they're holding their arm, insinuating their *ahem*.

GAMazing? GAMateurish? ::):

Just realized that I haven't preordered it yet. Yeah

Shame on you sir, shame on you.....
~Nothing

#100 black velvet

black velvet

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 476 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:03 AM

Give me the single now! :c40: The cover looks awsome.. :c16: I want one NOW!!1
Just realized that I haven't preordered it yet. Yeah.. I know.. It's pretty GAMateurish of me. Better do it right away. :)

The single cover is gamazing :c16:
I just don't like the font in yellow color :)

You both are killing me with your GAMbulary. :P I can't wait to see INSIDE! (Leg shots! Meow!) You could have an illegible font on the cover and I could care less. As soon as you see their faces, you know who they are! Besides, pretty faces outweigh fugly font. (Not to mention, the the actual CD with its music. I hope they'll have a remix version of "Thanks!" :w00t!:P

LOL, it's almost a month away, but pre-order it soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users