90 replies to this topic

#61 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Jesus Louises... and I quoted the really good stuff too! *Sigh*

Just go to Shenyuepop (search it up on google), type in "SNSD" in the search bar, pick a random article that sounds negative, go to the comments section, and voila, have fun! Ooh... type in "Jaejoong plastic;" believe me, it's hilarious, especially the crunchyroll link.

Shenyuepop doesn't exist anymore sadly. The writer gave her site to someone else back in 2010 and now because the site isn't active, the url has been taken over by someone else now.

But the other day, my friend was talking about how Kpop is more European than American influenced because with all these dance tracks, they are most likely to appeal to a European audience since club dance tracks are made even more in that continent.

Still prefer J-Pop however.

My blog, Nyam with Ny <- 私のブログを読んでください!

#62 mikari

mikari

.1/3 of miya's #1 fan ♥.//caramel's polar bear

• Senpai
  • 6506 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

what i've noticed (at least for the idols, not rnb)
Jpop - They tend to pick girls with potential & debut them asap without perfecting their talents b4 debut. i think jpop fans like to watch their idols grow & improve
Kpop - They tend to debut extremely trained idols, if you're not able to sing live or dance, your debut won't be noticed lol. and the trainees seem to go through more intense training than jpop

i love both tho~ and it honestly depends on what people listen to in kpop, it's just the more popular songs that are "european/american". like, take IU for an example. or girl's day, orange caramel, apink, and even other groups, if you listen to their albums, you'll hear a great variety of songs. and if you listen to other korean music like tasha, tiger jk, baby soul, leessang, BoM, etc, their music is just really amazing.

and for jpop, it's like an entirely different thing from kpop. so, i really won't be able to chose one over the other because they're both so different. i do love watching the idols grow, and improve their dancing/singing, and the songs + dances are a loot cuter (and easier to follow LOL). although, i prefer kpop ballads over jpop ballads (idol-wise anyways). because kpop ballads feel a lot more smooth than jpop ones (less bobby, idk how to explain). for rnb, i love it as much as korean ones, there's amazing singers too like MAY'S, thelma aoyama, may j <3 i have yet to find a girl who raps as well & powerful as tasha tho :P

so my conclusion: both can't really be compared, but i'm able to enjoy both because they're so diff :) it just depends on my mood and what i want to listen to~

Posted Image
check out ♥: my blog|gallery|graphics boutique|akb graphics|youtube|teen top
fanblog: tomocawaii| fanpages:Kanon|Miya|Nanami|Sengoku|Dayeon//siggie by me, avvie by bonbon~ ♥

#63 Crosteks

Crosteks

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:48 AM

I like K-pop idol group around 2008-2010 but after I accidentally watch AKBINGO (AKB48) I change to then J-POP so know I always prefer J-pop because of them.. :c18:  :c18:  :good:  :good:

#64 sleep_good

sleep_good

4th gen member

• Banned
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:21 PM

I used to loove kpop untill 2011.. amd Morning musume happend and then came hp!! I jus love jpop more(maybe jus hp). But kpop dudes are still hot, kpop music is not bad at all. tumblr_n7lui8UVHi1qi4jgto1_500.gif

#65 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

I like K-Pop too, but I like their girl groups more. Such as SNSD, and f(x). I don't like some of their fans that much, from bad experiences I've had in the past. If you don't like the same group as them, they'll basically diss you for it and say your opinions and music interests don't matter. If we do agree on a group or song we like, then they'll get ultra possessive over them. 

Overall, I'm more of a J-Pop fan.

#66 Paramorning

Paramorning

Nen!

• Senpai
  • 1603 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:32 PM

Well... In KPop you are trained and polished and presented on a silver platter as the next best thing. But that does mean that the quality of songs, dances, vocals etc is very high.

In Jpop (HP) you debut pretty much as you are, and the fans get to watch you grow as a performer - but that means the standard isn't so high and by the time you reach Kpop standard it's time to graduate XD

I really love Kpop and Jpop equally, for different reasons. My preferences fluctuate - some days I love vocaloid (but damn some of the fans are annoying, miku yt videos are pretty much weeaboo fests), some days I love 2NE1, and pretty much all the time I love HP.

23uwwsp.gif
工藤広瀬岸本鈴木

#67 Muyim Pimoup

Muyim Pimoup

Micky Chelsea Fieldmiddle

• Senpai
  • 2802 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

yes,kpop and jpop in my opinion have very different concept and age consideration,,
when kpop group debut at certain age,that's when jpop group start considering graduating,,  :ph34r:

ITEwlYD.png

H!O GENERAL ELECTION 2023 IS OPEN!!!

VOTE AT https://www.hello-on...-election-2023/

#68 AragonDx

AragonDx

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 435 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:51 PM

I don't like some of their fans that much, from bad experiences I've had in the past. If you don't like the same group as them, they'll basically diss you for it and say your opinions and music interests don't matter. If we do agree on a group or song we like, then they'll get ultra possessive over them. 

well, it happened too in Jpop fandom ^^; 

I guess you just got into a 'left wing' section of Kpop fandom :lol:

fanatics are always hard to deal with :(

Untitled-1%2Bcopy22.png

Kimoto Kanon - Matsuoka Natsumi - Watanabe Mayu - Yagura Fuuko - Tanikawa Hijiri

#69 shinelover

shinelover

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:36 PM

Liked some KPOP in 2007, KDrama being very popular in my area. 

Tried to learn some Korean but i found it too hard...meaning I can't understand most of the things said on shows and on the artist's blogs. 

Slowly lost interest.

I have been into Japanese pop culture since I was young and have learnt the language so I think that increases my liking for JPOP (being able to understand it has made it more enjoyable for  me) 

I also personally just prefer the Japanese Idol styles over the KPOP styles (personal preference) 

I like the more 'natural' make up and cutesy style costumes of J-idols (well Johnny's doesn't quite count with costumes for concerts!) 

Watching variety shows and reading articles/interviews about the J-idols has made me like them all the more. 

Also mentioned above Kpop is more Euro/American influenced, R&B, hip hop, dance tracks which aren't the music I personally prefer, which also leads to me choosing Jpop which is more pop, ballads (well the ones I listen to anyway!) 

I have many friends who love KPOP and there are a few songs I think are nice as well. 

Don't like the bashing done by ANY fan from ANY fandom. Sadly happens all the time...sometimes by internet Trolls just adding oil to the fire 

#70 melonpan♪

melonpan♪

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2756 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:00 AM

i prefer Jpop, but Kpop is also very nice.

#71 rachmawan10

rachmawan10

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

kpop?? Im prefer to American music ...

#72 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:47 PM

^I never really understood why people always said that, since KPOP is a direct response to American "Western" music, and they are influenced by western music a hell of a lot.

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#73 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:50 PM

Because even though it's influenced by it, it's not a straight up copy of it.

#74 Zabieru

Zabieru

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:17 AM

In complete honesty, J-Pop is a lot different from K-Pop. K-Pop reminds me of crappy American pop music like Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus just in Korean. But I keep an open mind, I really like the bands PRITZ and 4minute, and as cringe worthy it may be to listen to now one of you honestly tell me you didn't get Gangnam Style stuck in your head for weeks on end haha

2NsEwYR.png

#75 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:55 AM

I kind of like both, but prefer J-Pop at the moment. However that being said, the amount of racist abuse being thrown at K-Pop fans by people in a certain fandom on Twitter right now really p***es me off, so even though I may prefer J-Pop I would defend anyone who likes K-Pop or any other music genre and is suffering abuse (both online and offline) because of it without any questions.

#76 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:40 PM

In complete honesty, J-Pop is a lot different from K-Pop. K-Pop reminds me of crappy American pop music like Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus just in Korean. But I keep an open mind, I really like the bands PRITZ and 4minute, and as cringe worthy it may be to listen to now one of you honestly tell me you didn't get Gangnam Style stuck in your head for weeks on end haha

lmao so kpop is mostly shit but the group that wore outfits that attempted to evoke nazi imagery? Yeah they're alright.

#77 Dobaka

Dobaka

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:58 PM

I kind of like both, but prefer J-Pop at the moment. However that being said, the amount of racist abuse being thrown at K-Pop fans by people in a certain fandom on Twitter right now really p***es me off, so even though I may prefer J-Pop I would defend anyone who likes K-Pop or any other music genre and is suffering abuse (both online and offline) because of it without any questions.

Touche. 

K-Pop is really different from J-Pop, even the songs that are sung in Japanese, people who say that they're the same are just really ignorant.

#78 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:00 PM

In complete honesty, J-Pop is a lot different from K-Pop. K-Pop reminds me of crappy American pop music like Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus just in Korean. But I keep an open mind, I really like the bands PRITZ and 4minute, and as cringe worthy it may be to listen to now one of you honestly tell me you didn't get Gangnam Style stuck in your head for weeks on end haha

You're not listening to the right groups then, I wish western music was as good as some K-Pop groups.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#79 Zabieru

Zabieru

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:53 PM

Oh please, don't try to make this any more than what it is: music. All I said was I don't really like K-Pop and I posted some exceptions, you don't have to go all 'oh he's listened to PRITZ what is he a Nazi' Who the hell cares in the first place? K-Pop's just not my thing, that's all. ALSO, unrelated but I'm a bit new to using forums, so I'm not really sure how to quote someone like you did. If someone could help me that'd be great :) 

2NsEwYR.png

#80 mby3

mby3

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 701 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:27 AM

Kpop...I have a huge problem with Koreans who seem to take everything from dancing style to clothes to music from black artists and then insult them in the same breath. Which is also why I think it's hilarious anytime anyone brings up racism against Koreans, though I do think it's 98% true ignorance more than straight out racism. Jpop and Kpop to me can't even be compared. It's like comparing country music to rock it's completely different. There are a few Kpop songs I try to listen to because the beat and singing is really good but I simply can't get past the language. Korean is so unpleasant to my ears :( so I guess that means mark me down for Jpop ^_^

Oda Sakura Nonaka Miki Ishida Ayumi Ikuta Erina Nakajima Saki Takeuchi Akari Shimizu Saki Sayashi Riho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users