90 replies to this topic

#41 Makocchan

Makocchan

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:27 AM

this is what I see..
In Japan, they get a bunch of naturally pretty girls who generally can't sing and train them to be better which in a lot of cases doesnt work out.
In Korea, they get a bunch of mediocre looking girls who can sing amazingly and give them plastic surgery to make them hot.

#42 Lilth11

Lilth11

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:57 PM

this is what I see..
In Japan, they get a bunch of naturally pretty girls who generally can't sing and train them to be better which in a lot of cases doesnt work out.
In Korea, they get a bunch of mediocre looking girls who can sing amazingly and give them plastic surgery to make them hot.

Lol, that just cracked me up. Don't bring that up at a K-pop forum though; they'll go beserk. ^.^

#43 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:57 AM

this is what I see..

Lol, that just cracked me up. Don't bring that up at a K-pop forum though; they'll go beserk. ^.^

Yeah, you'll get a lot of fans attcking you one by one. It a nightmare to think about it. :sob: ^_^

J-pop is very unique to listen. The always change up their style every single, but it can get old at times. K-pop is a different story. The songs have a lot of English words in them. Most K-pop music companies and the artist speaks English because they have a lot of connection with Rap and R&B artist in the US.

#44 Lilth11

Lilth11

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:53 AM

this is what I see..

Yeah, you'll get a lot of fans attcking you one by one. It a nightmare to think about it. :rolleyes: ^_^

J-pop is very unique to listen. The always change up their style every single, but it can get old at times. K-pop is a different story. The songs have a lot of English words in them. Most K-pop music companies and the artist speaks English because they have a lot of connection with Rap and R&B artist in the US.

Yeah.... especially if you even MENTION if a member of a popular boyband (aka DBSK) had plastic..... here's an example of what response you'd get:

"OMG, STFU b****! You're just jealous because they're hot while you're an ugly s*** who has no life and just likes to bash people! You're just a stupid a**hole! If I ever find you, I'll beat you up!"

Okay... maybe that was over exaggerated.... but believe me, you'll get cursed off... MAJOR TIME.

I think because J-pop's so unique, at times, it gets boring. Because there's a popular style, when you get into J-pop, you realize that A LOT of it sounds alike....seriously. And well... the English can't really be mentioned.... because J-pop uses English (er, Engrish is more like it....) a lot too....

Just a random question; which do you think inserts more random/screwed up English phrases/words into their music? J-pop? Or K-pop? (Though we know both has really screwed up English at times....)

#45 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:39 AM

I have to say :rolleyes: at this whole page and I agree with ya on most of it. Kpop is more of an american sound while jpop is more unique since they try to put they own spin on it. as for the english goes I say kpop takes it over jpop. Jpop was behind in the modern pop sound and they caught up rather quickly if you think about it. While kpop always had ties to american music so their english use is a bit better.

oh yeah most kpopers get plastic surgery. even the little kids who were in i13 had some work down

racequeen.jpg

#46 Chachimaru

Chachimaru

Her whisper is the Lucifer

• Senpai
  • 2276 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:29 AM

i'd have to say kpop.
i would explain why i seem to like it more, but i see its already been clarified.
its got that more american-ish feel.
like anna told me earlier, a lot of the songs you could picture an english artists singing.

ahh and yes as someone said before, i kinda feel embarrassed to blast any jpop song in my dads car while we're driving, so i rarely ever play them in the car. usually only cinderella complex and resonant blue.
with kpop, the sound of the music isn't so unique sounding and different. with the sound muffled to people outside our car, they probably think its just some english song.

the more drawn to kpop i get the less and less i'm interested in jpop.
dont get me wrong, i still like jpop, kpop is just more appealing to me.

o.o i wonder what would happen if this thread had a poll.
it'd be kinda funny if kpop came out on top, since this is infact a jpop forum x3

......................................................”ねえ、ナナ。。。"

Posted Image

#47 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:22 AM

Yeah, that would be interest.

#48 Maury Tuhis

Maury Tuhis

( • )( • )ԅ( ̄ε ̄ԅ)

• Senpai
  • 2037 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:20 PM

Lilth11: Please provide the address for a forum like that. Fun times might be had.

"How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five.
 Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane."

#49 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:51 AM

Embarrased to blast J-pop?
Hell nah.
I play Koda and Amuro on about 8 or 9 at least.
Some Hamasaki too.
Perfume as well.
Soulhead ...
Double ...

Embarrased to blast H!P, ok maybe ... :lol:

And Makocchan's description of the differences between J and K -pop was too damn funny. :lol:

#50 Lilth11

Lilth11

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:26 PM

Lilth11: Please provide the address for a forum like that. Fun times might be had.

I'm sure if you search it up, you'll find it; Shenyuepop's a K-pop news authority, and believe me, it's hilarious whenever they bash SNSD or something; you really should see the comments. An example:

[...]

So hilarious isn't it?

@ NEW MEMBERS: READ THE FORUM RULES:

http://www.hello-onl...?act=boardrules

#51 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:39 AM

Embarrased to blast J-pop?
Hell nah.
I play Koda and Amuro on about 8 or 9 at least.
Some Hamasaki too.
Perfume as well.
Soulhead ...
Double ...

Embarrased to blast H!P, ok maybe ... :wub:

And Makocchan's description of the differences between J and K -pop was too damn funny. :whistle:

mr H isnt remember that one skype thing we did you could tell he was letting it blast away

as for me i blast J-pop in my home and so far only perfume have i blasted in my car...heck i turn some girl in car next to me into perfume fan :whistle:
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#52 Lilth11

Lilth11

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

Jesus Louises... and I quoted the really good stuff too! *Sigh*

Just go to Shenyuepop (search it up on google), type in "SNSD" in the search bar, pick a random article that sounds negative, go to the comments section, and voila, have fun! Ooh... type in "Jaejoong plastic;" believe me, it's hilarious, especially the crunchyroll link.

#53 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

There's no way for this whole world to chose between JPOP and KPOP!

Anyway, my opinion, both are better than American POP

iheartsaechanwithtext_zpsa8d1a9eb.jpg

cr: byutaereina and renaismile thank you, both of u.

Graphics thread. Tumblr. Twitter Fanfiction Goodreads

#54 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

I cannot choose but what I've noticed in London is the amount of K-Pop fans has grown in the past 2 years (since I started meeting other K-Pop fans). A lot more people prefer Kpop because it looks more fun and the music is more to do with electro-pop/dance in comparison to J-Pop which in my opinion is more broader and unique, they prefer Americanised music (not everyone but from some of the people I talked to).

My blog, Nyam with Ny <- 私のブログを読んでください!

#55 Ayami1996

Ayami1996

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

i entered the kpop world since 2009 i listened to Shinee & Snsd,but i left them after a year because i found that Hello!Project Bands(C-ute -berryz) are so much better than the korean pop,and the korean language is weird and i dont like it,i found out that Jpop is better than Kpop,so i choose Jpop
i love Ayami muto

#56 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

I've been listening to K-Pop since 2007 which is only a one year difference to J-Pop, it's actually become more Americanised than I thought recently. They follow American trends more than ever while J-Pop is still unique to me.

#57 BerryzCelebration!

BerryzCelebration!

♫ Berryz Erotic ♫

• Banned
  • 1701 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

I am more used to J Pop than K Pop,so...J Pop!
Plus,lots of J Pop songs have meanings and are famous in other countires,K Pop is famous in other countries too,just some songs i don't get :P
So J Pop!
Sorry if you feel offended :arrow:

Top Ten Hello!Project Idols: Chii x Miya x Eripon x Maasan x Aari x Kanana x Captain x Daishi x Chisa x MaiMai

Top Ten Stage48 Idols: Nakanyan x Aanya x Takamina x Karen x Ryoochan x Haruppi x Ripopo x Jessica Vania Widjaja x Sasshi x Mayuyu

Tokunaga_Chinami_-_Golden_Chinatown_Sayo

#58 MayaChanShiDae

MayaChanShiDae

basically inactive

• Senpai
  • 2327 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Jpop is more cute in general in my opinion. They can go for a Sexy image like Momusu did with One Two Three and it can work really well. What I mean by that they're mostly cute, is that..they just are. I found Heavy rotation a lot cuter than sexy :lol:

Kpop is exactly the same as most club music most of the time. Songs like 'Fantastic baby' and 'The Boys' or any of the newer Kpop songs have that feel to them.

It's not a bad thing, and I am a big Kpop fan (See my username) but...it annoys me when people say 'Kpop is so different! That's why I don't listen to club music or anything on the charts in the US or UK.'

I disagree. Even Nicki Minaj has SOME meaningful lyrics. (Or she at least tries to make them meaningful) but I just don't see how Kpop is different. There are Ballads and slow songs, sure, and those are meaningful at times but loads of singers here make those sorts of songs at times.

Jpop lyrics most of the time centre around the same things anyway. Lyrics doesn't make good music nowadays. Idk Maybe i'm just thinking too much.

aikagifwtex.gif
♥ Morning Musume (Sayu, Eripon, Aichan, Haruna, Miki, Nine smile lineup) H!P (Maimai, Nakky, Captain) ♥
♥ Sig by xdrewdrawdrawn ♥ Avvie by Jamie ♥ Voted Greatest High-King and Milky Way fan 2011 ♥

♥ Kikka 
TwitterTumblr

#59 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

^^ Yeah there are some Kpop fans who seem to think Kpop is different but they still talk about clubbing, violence and adultery in their songs. The only difference is it's in Korean.

Idols in both genres are different to me too. Like in J-Pop, they tend to be younger and act cute but we are used to the J-Pop idols be younger right? They rarely go for a mature or sexy image which I like. And then in Kpop, idols there are more the opposite which I feel weird when it comes to the lyrics they sing, the dances they do and the age is much more sensitive to me. I was fine growing up with Berryz and C-ute for what kind of songs they do but with groups like Teen Top or let's say GP Basic, I was very hesistant.

#60 blindwhatif

blindwhatif

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

hmm jpop or kpop i love them both XD
i have more japanese music in my itunes than i do with the korean music though.
in my experience of what i listened to, i notice kpop leans toward the more sexy side. Most of my friends prefer kpop due to their looks which pisses me off.
gotta admit tho most, if not all kpop artists look beautiful and really good. and a lot of groups can sing quite good live as well, and even know how to speak english as well.
which is maybe why my friends prefer kpop. but i donno

there are a lot of japanese artists who sing great too, but guess my friends never really looked into them since kpop seems to dominate here.
but i prefer jpop when it comes to instrumentals, there's more "variety" in sound and structure to them differing with each artist. kpop tends to sound the same behind the artists' voices. with a few exceptions in different genres like house, or electronic. ive been learning to Dj recently and i find myself able to find a good list of instrumentals from Jpop alone, i could mix kpop music but aside from the voices it would sound in some way similar.

i still love both though ^_^ very entertaining nonetheless.

Posted Image

All Credit goes to S-N-I-P-E-R for the beautiful set =) thanks again Sniper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users