Photo

Planning to buy an mp3 player (about 1 gb)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 paranoidAndroid

paranoidAndroid

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:48 PM

Well, my rio forge stopped working a few days ago, and i want to buy a new one. around a gig of space.
Planning to spend about 80 - 120 bux for it. I tried searching some mp3 players on newegg but i just cant
decide which one i want. Do you guys own an mp3 player that you could vouch on? Just need help on
deciding which one is the best/affordable/easytouse/easybrowsing mp3 player to buy.

#2 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:05 AM

Well, my rio forge stopped working a few days ago, and i want to buy a new one. around a gig of space.
Planning to spend about 80 - 120 bux for it. I tried searching some mp3 players on newegg but i just cant
decide which one i want. Do you guys own an mp3 player that you could vouch on? Just need help on
deciding which one is the best/affordable/easytouse/easybrowsing mp3 player to buy.

...i swear this has been asked before :D

I personally love my iPod Shuffle. The size is tiny, it plugs directly into a PC/Mac without having to look for cables. The battery seems to last 12 hours or so (listened to almost three complete Opie and Anthony shows). And you don't need to use iTunes to manage it (use the database rebuilder at sourceforge)

Best reason I like my shuffle? I've dropped it, tossed it, sat on it, kicked it, and soaked it with sweat (ew), and it's continue to runs fine :D

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#3 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:40 AM

built to the extreme

#4 Blaice

Blaice

3rd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 318 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:34 PM

built to the extreme

:P nope, built for nyekobug ::P:
maybe you should get a nano instead,
but i dunno which you should get, i have ipod video 60 gig
is 1 gig not a little bit too low on space
Semper Fi
Black Ice / Blaice
~=*安倍なつみ*^- & -^*安倍麻美*=~

#5 paranoidAndroid

paranoidAndroid

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:59 PM

built to the extreme

:P nope, built for nyekobug ::P:
maybe you should get a nano instead,
but i dunno which you should get, i have ipod video 60 gig
is 1 gig not a little bit too low on space

I'll just be using it during commute, its not like i'll be listening to 1000 hours of music. Plus I'm not lazy updating songs from time to time. I would like to steer away from ipods, they're just expensive, nanos cost like 200 bux. Shuffle sounds like a good bargain, its cheap but the thing is that I love browsing for songs, I'm not into that randomizing experience.

#6 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 04:00 PM

Best reason I like my shuffle? I've dropped it, tossed it, sat on it, kicked it, and soaked it with sweat (ew), and it's continue to runs fine :blink:

-nyekobug

-nyekobug

..and if you place an order from me, i'll include the H!P Shuffle units album.. hahahaha.. of course that was a joke..

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

#7 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:33 AM

I'll just be using it during commute, its not like i'll be listening to 1000 hours of music. Plus I'm not lazy updating songs from time to time. I would like to steer away from ipods, they're just expensive, nanos cost like 200 bux. Shuffle sounds like a good bargain, its cheap but the thing is that I love browsing for songs, I'm not into that randomizing experience.

I actually never use it for that "randomizing experience". The shuffle has two playback modes - what I'll refer to as 'linear' and shuffle. Linear plays back music in the order it appears in the directory structure- so for example, if your shuffle has

i:\infected mushroom
i:\pendulum
i:\super euro party
i:\sweets
01-Pendulum Essential Mix.mp3
opie and anthony 2006-05-15.mp3
opie and anthony 2006-05-16.mp3

on it, if you put it in linear mode, it'll start at the first file within \infected mushroom (goes in alpha/numeric order within those directories), play all of those in order, then go to pendulum, then to super euro party, then to sweets, then the three files in the root directory.

Of course, this is only if you're using the aforementioned shuffle database builder. If you use *cough*iTunes, you're stuck with the craptastic way apple puts music on your iPod... not that I'm biased...

..and if you place an order from me, i'll include the H!P Shuffle units album.. hahahaha.. of course that was a joke..

*throws kupo nut at mogxiii*

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#8 dduc

dduc

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:35 AM

I own an NW-E507, one gig, by Sony. I love it. Easy to use, I'm right handed and can operate it with my left hand with no prob. People complain about the prog, Sonicstage but it's not as bad as they make it out to be. Battery life is amazing. Dropped it many times(lost count : ]) and it is still working fine. It's like 130 now. Have you look at the Bean(built in USB connector, $120), also one gig by Sony. Don't I sound like a salesman? XD Hope it helps. : ]

#9 paranoidAndroid

paranoidAndroid

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 03:14 AM

I own an NW-E507, one gig, by Sony. I love it. Easy to use, I'm right handed and can operate it with my left hand with no prob. People complain about the prog, Sonicstage but it's not as bad as they make it out to be. Battery life is amazing. Dropped it many times(lost count : ]) and it is still working fine. It's like 130 now. Have you look at the Bean(built in USB connector, $120), also one gig by Sony. Don't I sound like a salesman? :lol: Hope it helps. : ]

yea you sound like a sony salesperson.
lol anyways should have seen this sooner, i crapped out and bought a sandisk 1 gb for 70 bux, and it comes with the battery charger for free. Plus what i liked about this player is that you can still max the space by 2 more gb with flash cards. I was reading the reveiws and so far they dont have complaints.

#10 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:10 AM

Plus what i liked about this player is that you can still max the space by 2 more gb with flash cards. I was reading the reveiws and so far they dont have complaints.

oooh... i'm into those stuff which has an "expandibility" feature.. ::blink:: :c13:

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

#11 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:04 AM

u should buy the samsung yp-u1. I have this its 1gb and its $120. It looks like a shuffle but it has a small screen for u to find what songs u want. Plus u don't have to install any software and it has a built in microphone.

racequeen.jpg

#12 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:01 AM

I just bought the Zune last Friday and I have to say it sucks. I was already planning on returning it the day I got it. The hardware is nice but the software is a bitch. hate that f#$%*^& Zune

racequeen.jpg

#13 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:34 AM

Creative Zen Nano $60ish, 1GB flash, FM/voice recorder, screen!, size of a Bic lighter, drag and drop. Works well when I use it to work out or for short drives (connect to aux). I have no idea why anyone would need a full sized iPod for working out.

#14 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:02 PM

I'm planning to buy a new DAP. Xduoo X20 looks intriguing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users