530 replies to this topic

#41 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 01:55 AM

but i must say, it must have been really really fun acting the smart and cute L
on the other hand, Light had to talk to thin air when filming....

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#42 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

Became an AKB48 fan during his absence

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 01:58 AM

Tatsuya stated in an interview that during the filming all the other cast members got close cause they all shot with eachother and had memories and stuff, he, on the other hand, missed out on alot and couldn't share any nice memories since most of his scenes are with the CG Ryuk

FukumuraSig_zps01ca5087.jpg
(*^ ^*)

#43 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:41 AM

kinda sad but then again having to play light could be sad considering light's got one twisted sense of justice to begin with...woot and i finally downloaded the movie to watch :lol:
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#44 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 02:08 AM

kinda sad but then again having to play light could be sad considering light's got one twisted sense of justice to begin with...woot and i finally downloaded the movie to watch :lol:

now that, can serioulsy be argued on.......twisted sense of justice, i'm against that it was twisted..........

and damn i haven't downloaded the movie yet....where, anyone send me the link please?

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#45 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 02:24 AM

yeah that's true it is pretty subjective...i just thought his idea of thinking he would be a god in a new era was kinda creepy :lol: but that's just me...uhh if ur looking for the movie...googleing deathnote live action movie torrents works wonders i think :lol: (at least...that's how i found it)

read mah blogs =D

#46 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 02:28 AM

the movie is selling him as twisted, but the original manga sold him as mis-understood

(*^ ^*)

#47 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 02:39 AM

i'll admit his intentions were commendable "rid the world of evil"...i'm just of the opinion maybe he carried things a little farther than need be...and well he proved a point for which i commend him for...yeah...that's all i have to say no more from azn regarding this

read mah blogs =D

#48 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:04 AM

no, you're right, but you're seeing things in L's eyes

by the end of the manga, he's seen as a savior by most people since he lowered crime

(*^ ^*)

#49 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:17 AM

i'll admit his intentions were commendable "rid the world of evil"...i'm just of the opinion maybe he carried things a little farther than need be...and well he proved a point for which i commend him for...yeah...that's all i have to say no more from azn regarding this

i think if i have a deathnote in front of me, and knowing its power, i think i'll get carried away too.....

#50 Proto

Proto

Amiyakism Follower

• Shinmem
  • 1033 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:14 AM

I actually thought, under defined rules, what Light did was very justifiable. While it is true the Law is the Law. However sometimes, Law can only restrict, it doesn't do enough. It is true that people can have a freedom of what they want to do but it is also true that they should not commit offenses that they have been told not to. I felt that how Light did it by force actually did improve the world's safety as a whole. If Light didn't kill any innocent people or that he didn't kill anyone with light offenses, I felt that what he's been doing is actually justifiable.

Oh no...maybe I'm going to be Kira if I end up getting the note...
Posted Image

#51 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:00 PM

i disagree with u. There are people out there that deserves their head roll, yes? Yet "life" isn't for us to take control or abuse of. If u witness someone die infront of u no matter who he/she is, i doubt u won't say Light justifiable. There is always a hope for "bad" people, is just that if they willing to hold on to. People living in a unhealthy envoirment are mostly end doing unlawful stuff, but u can't just kill them just becos of that! Why can't u guys blame people around them that influence them!? Yes they were the one that commit the crime, but do they really deserves death? When people said eye for an eye, kill one life pay for your own life, this is what people will always think when the hatred grew. Humans always take too easy at other people life but not their. If all criminals deserves to die, there won't be any prison counciler. Rather than head roll, i prefer they learn their mistake and do some good deeds. Remember, there are criminals that have family. The rest of the part u should know what i mean. Kira is definitely smart(undoubtable), but not justifiable.
Image larger than the forum limit has been removed. Please read: http://www.hello-onl...?act=boardrules

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#52 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:19 PM

this is why i like Deathnote, sparks these kinds of ethical questions

As for the question:
Is Light's thinking right?
-It's the same question as "is it right to have the death penalty, when putting someone away for several lifetimes is the same?"
-In Light's mind, he started as delivering justice to the criminals out in the world and those who escaped capture, but the investigation on him and L posed a threat to his purpose, so he viewed them as evil, and took it into his own hands
-Light did 1 good, which was scaring the criminals enough to lower crime for a while in the comic, but, like all those with power, he became egotistical later on

(*^ ^*)

#53 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:34 PM

The higher you climb the harder you fall. Light had almost reach the peak but fell and die with a unspeakable death.
Image larger than the forum limit has been removed. Please read: http://www.hello-onl...?act=boardrules

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#54 Proto

Proto

Amiyakism Follower

• Shinmem
  • 1033 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:56 PM

Well, surely people do deserve chances. However, I wonder how many criminals do change after imprisonment. In fact, the question is, how likely is it for someone who escaped justice to realise his mistakes? This is why I said unless Light had defined guidelines to his killing, it would not be justified. If he had some form of guideline then I think it would have been justifiable. Anyone who escapes justice and doesn't get served as they should've been will go wild, thinking they can get away with it again, and again, and again. I'm not talking about criminals in jail but people who escape justice. It isn't very likely, in fact probably less than 5% or even 1% chance that they'll realise a mistake they've made. This is generalisation but we cannot set guidelines unless we generalise.
Posted Image

#55 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:55 PM

That is only your personal view, how do u even know its probably less than 5% or 1%. There might be 80% of them realise their mistake and u only seen 20% of it. People can escape from justice, but they can't run away from guilitiness. And what do u mean by "someone who escaped justice", do u also mean children stealing their parents money and got away with it deserves a death roll? In our country we have a program called 'Yellow Ribbon' that encourage people whose out of jail could stand up again. "I wonder how many criminals do change after imprisonment", why do u even wonder? Just bcos they been in jail before u have to treat them like a outcaster? Crime is crime, yes. But crime is not a habit.

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#56 Proto

Proto

Amiyakism Follower

• Shinmem
  • 1033 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:18 PM

I never said I would treat someone out of jail like an outcaster. No, definitely not. That's not what I meant. However, just read carefully. My point is people who've commited big crimes, not petty crimes like kids stealing money, no. It's about people killing or raping for the sake of doing it. If they purposely kill someone for the sake of doing it, they will either tremble in fear or slowly believing that he's unstoppable. If he gets caught in jail, and if I had the note, I would not write his name down, no. If he's caught in jail, justice has been served, there's no need for anything bonus. However, I would, if I had the note, write down his name if he escapes justice from purposely commiting a big crime. If I were Light, I don't have time to waste on petty crime, honestly.

Also, I'm being a realist. Think, if you killed someone, not mistakenly but purposely, would you own up to the police? If you were caught by the police, would you own up? If you were brought to court and you managed to win and escape, would you own up? Given that if you get into jail, it would be 30 years in prison, would you own up? Even if someone fears the thought of him killing someone, it isn't very likely that he will call for justice, everyone is selfish, this is the reality. They'll do whatever that goes in their benefit. This is the real world.

We have programs that try to integrate ex-prisoners back into the world in the correct manner too and I'm fully supportive of that. However, there are times where crimes are left unjustified. And I believe that is when the note should come in. When the law proves to be insufficient, the note should come in and do its job.
Posted Image

#57 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:20 PM

I never said I would treat someone out of jail like an outcaster. No, definitely not. That's not what I meant. However, just read carefully. My point is people who've commited big crimes, not petty crimes like kids stealing money, no. It's about people killing or raping for the sake of doing it. If they purposely kill someone for the sake of doing it, they will either tremble in fear or slowly believing that he's unstoppable. If he gets caught in jail, and if I had the note, I would not write his name down, no. If he's caught in jail, justice has been served, there's no need for anything bonus. However, I would, if I had the note, write down his name if he escapes justice from purposely commiting a big crime. If I were Light, I don't have time to waste on petty crime, honestly.

First, Light did kill some prisoners so the part " If he's caught in jail, justice has been served" doesn't make any sence.

Second, Most of the criminals killed by Light were taken from his dad computer, so he only know the offences and not the reasons why did they commit crime. So no matter if they are caught or not, Light will still kill them.

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#58 Proto

Proto

Amiyakism Follower

• Shinmem
  • 1033 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:23 PM

But...But...I never said I am fully supportive of Light did I?

I only said that Light's actions can only be justified under certain circumstances (defined rules) =/
Posted Image

#59 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:37 PM

Also, I'm being a realist. Think, if you killed someone, not mistakenly but purposely, would you own up to the police? If you were caught by the police, would you own up? If you were brought to court and you managed to win and escape, would you own up? Given that if you get into jail, it would be 30 years in prison, would you own up? Even if someone fears the thought of him killing someone, it isn't very likely that he will call for justice, everyone is selfish, this is the reality. They'll do whatever that goes in their benefit. This is the real world.

That again is your personal view, so do not make "everyone" are similar to you. i seen alot of cases that criminals came to police station to own up. Plus did you heard of heart donater? Do you think he/she did that for their own benefit? No. I can list alot more of people that are unselfish and yes this is reality, so the real world you're talking about is only half of what u seen.

But...But...I never said I am fully supportive of Light did I?

I only said that Light's actions can only be justified under certain circumstances (defined rules) =/

No..i never said that you are... neither am i on Light or L side. But i'm uncomfortable with the part "If Light didn't kill any innocent people or that he didn't kill anyone with light offenses, I felt that what he's been doing is actually justifiable."

i abit sensitive with those kind of stuff, so yea..no biggy. :D

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#60 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:29 AM

keep inmind that one of the reason that Light started using the deathnote is because he was a "bored genius"
he has the mind and then he picked up the power he needed to go for what he believes.....
exclude the fact about killing lives: most ppl would aim for their beliefs once they have the power and the mind to do so

need a bit of a reminder here, so L wants to catch Kira cuz Kira is killing lives?

and also the ending, anyone know, if it is N that took and deathnote and started using it or sth? cuz in the ending there were a bunch of Kira followers, which i don't really get it....or is it that another deathnote is dropped to earth again? or is it just unexplained on purpose like that...?

yea i love deathnote cuz of these discussions too, that's why i was surprised that this thread was dead for so long

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users