• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#21 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:26 PM

It's a shame she was overshadowed by the underdog success of MoMusu, she is quite talented :lol:

True... but I think Heike lacks what MoMusu has (well, some may argue...) which is: Personality. Every time I watched her, she was very bland and kept to herself. Not a bad thing, but I think its important to have an outstanding personality when your a soloist. You may be able to hide in the background of a large gorpu (or a smaller group, depends), but not as a soloist :/ But Heike does have a great "rock" voice :)

#22 fazeshot

fazeshot

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:26 PM

I somwhat agree with what u said but I have no room to judge ur opinion on her live or w/e because i have not seen anything with her in it live yet

田中れいな 愛してる!
Posted Image
When I look into your eyes,
it's like falling in love all over again
Owner of H!F HelloFansubs!

#23 I LUV SAYUMI

I LUV SAYUMI

NO 1 Sayumi Fan

• Shinmem
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:20 PM

Ooooo i remember her from the very start. She was pretty good but she i think that she felt alittle uncomfortable in some of her preformances.
SAYUMI IS THE CUTEST GIRL IN THE WORLD. PINK SUGAR FOR EVERYONE.

I DEMAND MORE MAIDO ARII.

INCOGNITO HAIL AMI !!!

#24 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:40 PM

I was wondering has anyone heard or seen the video to Fantasia that was released on the 25th of July 2006 ?

You can get it on these sites for those who are intrested.

http://www.cdjapan.c....html?KEY=SHM-5

http://www.amazon.co...3...TF8&s=music

#25 Ai-Chan's Husband

Ai-Chan's Husband

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:25 AM

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sotsugyou):

To date, the only sotsugyous from Hello! Project entirely have been original Morning Musume members Asuka Fukuda, and Aya Ishiguro, second generation Morning Musume member Sayaka Ichii, fifth generation Morning Musume member Asami Konno, solo artists Michiyo Heike (reportedly the only unamicable split from the H!P family), and Rika Ishii, Coconuts Musume/MiniMoni member Mika Todd, and original Berryz Koubou member Maiha Ishimura.

That made me think...maybe she left because she wasn't getting the attention she deserved at the original contest winner. I mean even from the start she got overshadowed by Morning Musume, T&C Bomber, and eventually Melon Kinen-bi. Early H!M episodes prove that quite well. If that "unamicable split from the H!P family" stuff is true, I think I have just given the reason why just now :-X...poor Micchan.

I just realized that even Heike's nickname was replaced! Mitsui Aika now don't the "Micchan" nickname in H!P...double :-X.

Oh well, I wish her luck in her solo career. She deserves it!! I loved "One Room Natsu no Koi Monogatari"!!

#26 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:22 PM

Well some said that by being the winner of the contest that she was in effect the only loser in the final. The plan (secretly all along) was to actually form a girl group rather than a solo artist and she was the one that didt "fit in" as such. Many were actually surprised when she one , dont get me wrong she was certainly a contender but Yuko Nakazawa was considered the favourite and was a shock when she didt win. So if all these things are true i can see why Yuko Nakazawa did not win and in effect Heiki was relegated from day one. Although she did have a few singles they were not the best sellers by any means.

#27 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:44 PM

Today I was in a "Michiyo mood" and decided to check out some of her newer singles, since I'm really only familiar with her Hello!Project stuff, and I found this: http://www.veoh.com/...e146461t5tECWyS

I think it's really beautiful, she looks absolutely gorgeous in it (her cheekbones are just amazing, I can never believe it) and both the song and her voice are super, super powerful. I keep watching it over and over again and crying. :crying It makes me miss her presence in H!P a lot...she is just really talented and her singing style is really unique amongst the other H!P girls. I wish she'd gotten more attention and stayed...although I guess H!P isn't really her style...

#28 La Daphne

La Daphne

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:47 PM

Yay, I found a Michiyo thread! I really love her and her music. Sad that she didnt get as much attention, especially because she was the one that, well, won the contest, yeah?

I've tried to find out some stuff about her now, but her official site seems to not reveal anything amd my limited Japanese skills aren't doing much.Shes still going pretty strong as a soloist, right?

#29 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:20 AM

As far as I know, nope. I don't know how her sales have been (probably not good :/) I haven't listened to her newest album yet though o_o It might be good. :lol: (I still have Teenage Dream :))

#30 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:36 AM

Today I was in a "Michiyo mood" and decided to check out some of her newer singles, since I'm really only familiar with her Hello!Project stuff, and I found this: http://www.veoh.com/...e146461t5tECWyS

I think it's really beautiful, she looks absolutely gorgeous in it (her cheekbones are just amazing, I can never believe it) and both the song and her voice are super, super powerful. I keep watching it over and over again and crying. :crying It makes me miss her presence in H!P a lot...she is just really talented and her singing style is really unique amongst the other H!P girls. I wish she'd gotten more attention and stayed...although I guess H!P isn't really her style...

Wow, Nessy! I have never heard this girl before! She is winner of stupid contest for SharanQ singer, yes? She is very fine rock singer! like Tomiko Ban! and she is astonishing beautiful. I hope I will find some album by her. She has unfortunate family name.
Posted Image Charter member of dorky doki club!

#31 La Daphne

La Daphne

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:08 AM

As far as I know, nope. I don't know how her sales have been (probably not good :/) I haven't listened to her newest album yet though o_o It might be good. :P (I still have Teenage Dream :D)

Ahh, okay. What I really meant was that she's still making music, right? But yeah, I haven't really heard her name much outside of "that girl that used to be in H!P" so I guess we can assume her sales are not as good as they should be? (Considering her voice and all...)

#32 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

Licensed Nailpolish Caddy for Matsuura Aya

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:24 AM

And of course there's Heike's own site: http://sound.jp/michiyo/

Btw how the hell did she end up with a German first name??? :D

Call me the future Mr. Matsuura (after her inevitable divorce from Keita)
Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#33 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:02 AM

And of course there's Heike's own site: http://sound.jp/michiyo/

Btw how the hell did she end up with a German first name??? :D

She does not. Michiyo is her given name, Heike is family name. Probably you know that Heike family usually called Taira was descendants of Emperor fighting with other Imperial branch Minamoto family during Heian period in Japan and Heike family were mostly killed including young Imperial Antoku during big ship battle of Shimonoseki Bay around year 1200. Since that historical time all crabs in this bay show faces of Heike warriors on their backs, this is truth, I have seen personally, this bay is not so far from my home town and my father took us to see.

I don't know, maybe this girl is descendant of same family. Maybe she is descendant of some farmer or craft person who worked for Heike family and took this name later. Anyway she is beautiful and good singer!

#34 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:10 AM

brand new news on heike!

http://ikimasshoi.jp...iage-pregnancy/

well, i was excited to hear about this! go heike for getting someone and a little one on the way! now we have 3 (more well-known) mothers in H!P! anyone else have any thoughts? i can't type a lot XD

#35 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:13 AM

...go heike for getting someone and a little one on the way! now we have 3 (more well-known) mothers in H!P! anyone else have any thoughts? i can't type a lot XD

Being mother is natural order, yes? This is so fine for such wonderful artist to make children! I think this is important difference between USA artists and Japanese artists, there is space for regular life to be.

#36 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:55 PM

I never knew she was having a baby
but i think its really good news I wish her the best she make a great mother
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#37 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:16 PM

Wow! Congratulations to Michiyo. :( That's really awesome news.

#38 konstargirl

konstargirl

Been liking Touhou since 07 B******

• Senpai
  • 2615 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

brand new news on heike!

http://ikimasshoi.jp...iage-pregnancy/

well, i was excited to hear about this! go heike for getting someone and a little one on the way! now we have 3 (more well-known) mothers in H!P! anyone else have any thoughts? i can't type a lot :blush:

Good for her. I wonder if it going to be a boy or a girl. How many babies shes going have?
Posted Image

Halloween!!!

#39 TheBakaOne

TheBakaOne

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:49 AM

Well Happy Belated birthday to Heike. Her birthday was a little over a month ago XD

I agree with you all it's pretty sad that she didn't get much attention. If it wasn't for her morning musume would never be together. >.< It makes me even more sad that people didn't even really know who she was. :P

어머나!

#40 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:36 AM

What if she had five girls and they went on to challenge the Morning Musume of 2020?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users