• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 juicytwos

juicytwos

3rd gen member

• Uploader
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:25 PM

Curious...anyone (Especially anyone living in the US) watch United 93? I plan on watching it sometime...after watching a lesser-budgeted documentary over at the Discovery channel (or was it TLC...I forgot).

But anyways, when I first heard about this movie, I thought that if anyone who gave it a bad review would be looked down upon. After looking at rottentomatoes.com I count 14 (seems to be 13) out of 137 reviews are bad.

91% Is a pretty good score. It is #5 in their top 100 for 2006 so far. (What I find interesting is that Dave Chappelle's Block Party beat it by 2% at #3 :huh )

#2 sejl

sejl

REAL MUSIC

• Shinmem
  • 837 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:53 AM

i haven't seen, but i don't think i will, i just thought it was a bit soon to make a movie about that

#3 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:20 AM

Call me a cold hearted bastard, but no. I don't plan on seeing that movie. In fact, I bet if the movie was about say, some random plane, somewhere, with no 9/11 stigma attached to it, it wouldn't be rated as high as it is now. I think it's tacky that the filmmaker/producer/distributor is trying to cash in on that tragedy. Then again, I'm sure many other people have profited from it too...

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#4 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:13 AM

I guess i'm a cold hearted bastard too...I don't care to see the movie either.
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#5 fazeshot

fazeshot

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:47 AM

You know I'm getting sick of movies involving the events on 9/11 .. sure it was a very sad tragedy.. But jesus this is the... 4th? movie i've seen about this.. I basically know everything there is to do with what happened on 9/11

Definitely wont see this movie

田中れいな 愛してる!
Posted Image
When I look into your eyes,
it's like falling in love all over again
Owner of H!F HelloFansubs!

#6 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:31 AM

You know I'm getting sick of movies involving the events on 9/11 .. sure it was a very sad tragedy.. But jesus this is the... 4th? movie i've seen about this.. I basically know everything there is to do with what happened on 9/11

Definitely wont see this movie

I guess we're all cold-hearted bastards 'cause I compleatly agree with fazeshot. I was compleatly sick of the 9/11 hyper about two years after it happened. In the end, I really don't care anymore.

My brother saw it and he said it was horrible (he's a die-hard Liberal BTW, with basically the same views I have *since he's where I get all my political views from ::lol::*) He said it wasn't too deep of a movie. They talked on their cellphones the whole time, then took over the plane like 5 minutes before it hit the ground. Pretty much the whole movie. Thus I'm going to take his word for it and save my $9 to see it o_o;

(And in the previews for The DaVinci Code, there's another 9/11 movie coming out! ^_^ Shock!)

#7 tommythecat

tommythecat

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:44 AM

People love tradegy it doesn't matter if it is real or fact. simple factoid.

movies and TV shows other than documentrys are all in bad taste as it relates to 9/11 not that it matters to the people that make them.

the sad fact is most americans want to see movies like this... why i could never understand... even the families who participated in it want it to be shown... i suppose as a reminder that it happened.

this is pretty much on my never see movie list... sadly it's a big list, no one makes movies worth seeing anymore

Posted Image

No one can ever replace you Makoto

#8 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:38 PM

My brother saw it and he said it was horrible (he's a die-hard Liberal BTW, with basically the same views I have *since he's where I get all my political views from ::P:*)

Hehe i'm liberal too. For a while I got out of reading about politics and history and just lately got back into it.
Giving it up again.
After a while I just say heck with it. I'd rather be dumb than disturbed(though I think i've already gone over the deep end from it).
As far as this movie goes there's already been so much stuff about it already.
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#9 metayero

metayero

Greedy Mouse

• Senpai
  • 1776 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:53 AM

not going to watch it , ill just depress myself and think again of those horroble 9/11 days

Posted Image

#10 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:11 AM

still to early for a 911 movie

racequeen.jpg

#11 Moony34

Moony34

8th gen member