sejl

REAL MUSIC

• Shinmem
  • 837 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:21 AM

2. The Legend of Bhagat Singh
3. Mere Rang de Basanti
5. Hum Dil de Chuke Sanam

are you Indian Meatwad202 cause i think only an Indian would know some of these movies unless they just like bollywood, but i'm part indian so i just wanted to ask
and you gotta put Kuch Kuch Hota Hai up there to on that list :D

#22 meatwad202

meatwad202

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:45 PM

are you Indian Meatwad202 cause i think only an Indian would know some of these movies unless they just like bollywood, but i'm part indian so i just wanted to ask
and you gotta put Kuch Kuch Hota Hai up there to on that list ^_^

Yes Yes, 100% desi coming at you 24/7. Nice to meet another Indian on the forums. As for KKHH, I felt it to be too lovey dovey for my taste, but it wasn't bad (just seemed like too much of a chick flick with the same old Bollywood storyline).
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Mako-chan Love Always!!!
Ogawa Makoto and Konno Asami's memory shall not fade. May they continue to do well in all their future endeavors.

#23 metayero

metayero

Greedy Mouse

• Senpai
  • 1776 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:00 AM

who can never forget the star wars
r2d2, where are you??

Posted Image

#24 tommythecat

tommythecat

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:19 PM

i forget star wars all the time ::P: definatly deserves and honorable mention here!

Posted Image

No one can ever replace you Makoto

#25 Rikku^^

Rikku^^

2nd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:25 PM

Sorry to say this but ew...Star Wars sucks. It's on the worst list of movies that suck(sorry my language),well it doesn't even deserve to be on the worst list,it is on the worst worst list of all times!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 yots

yots

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:23 PM

the original trilogy of star wars was awesome... :lol:

#27 paranoidAndroid

paranoidAndroid

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:36 AM

Ahh right now im in my Japanese 1950s movies phase. so I would go for:

Tokyo Story (Ozu) http://imdb.com/title/tt0046438/
Ikiru (Kurosawa) http://imdb.com/title/tt0044741/
Floating Weeds (Ozu) http://imdb.com/title/tt0053390/

Theres still a lot of kurosawa films i havent touched, but thank god for Netflix, I'll be able to watch all of them.

Theres this korean movie called "The Way Home(Jibuero)" which is about the relationship of an old Grandmother and a spoiled Grandson, which by the way made me crying like a broken dam.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0312841/

Also another korean movie is "Oasis" which is about a peculiar love relationship between a 20+ woman who is cerebral palsy and a 30+ yr old mentally challenged man. This movie is about barriers(communication barriers). A must see film.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0320193/

Also another japanese movie I watched recently which should be given time for viewing is
"Nobody Knows." Which I think is one of the most beautiful sad movies of all time.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0408664/

Best anime movie should be given to AKIRA. That movie is way way ahead of its time. in every degree, as far as storytelling, soundtrack, visuals philosophical values etc. goes. it came out 87? or 88?
http://imdb.com/title/tt0094625/

On a side note, just saw this 70s move called "Colossus: the forbin project" which is one of the first Artifical Intellegence themed movies, and I tell you this movie is very very creepy. Though the ideas of the movie have been cliched in almost every AI movies, This one pioneered all of them.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0064177/

Though these movies arent "the greatest" it is a must see for everyone. A truely life changing experience.

#28 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:09 PM

full metal jacket
shinobi

#29 wildstarr

wildstarr

Goddess, thy name is Maki.

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:25 PM

After a long time of thinking about this, my list is:

1) Braveheart
2) The Nightmare Before Christmas
3) LotR
4) What Dreams May Come
5) The Dark Crystal

Sorry to say this but ew...Star Wars sucks. It's on the worst list of movies that suck(sorry my language),well it doesn't even deserve to be on the worst list,it is on the worst worst list of all times!

Heh the second I read this I thought you must be female. ::lol:: :XD: No offense, but the only humans who don't like Star Wars seem to be ladies. :lol:

Posted Image

#30 tommythecat

tommythecat

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:30 PM

Oh my god :w00t!: The Dark Crystal i swear i remember that... it was like made using puppets right?

haha i remember watching that a bunch of times as a kid ::lol::

Posted Image

No one can ever replace you Makoto

#31 zone_abunai

zone_abunai

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:26 PM

i too thought star wars sucked. i watched phantom menace, clone wars, and revenge of sith cuz some of my friends are fans and wanted to watch with me. those 3 movies were just pure crap. it lacked so much emotion and feelings.

after i watched all these, i decided to watch the old ones part 4,5,6 just to get the whole story. i was totally surprised how good the old ones were. now if you know how movies work, then youll understand what im talking about. the fact that they were this good during that time (during the 70s), its very amazing. those movies were ahead of their time. im not a star wars fan, but the old ones were really good. my favorite thing about the old ones was harrison fords character 'han solo'...love his personality and humor

#32 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:02 PM

every star wars fan knows that the trilogy was better

#33 reyfer

reyfer

Forever grateful for having Sayumi and Morning Musume in my life

• Senpai
  • 3708 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 05:04 AM

Wow, tough one.

For me, best movie ever is an Italian film called MEDITERRANEO, it's just beautiful

Then Kagemusha (Kurosawa)

And "MONTY PYTHON'S QUEST FOR THE HOLY GRAIL" , this has to be the best comedy of all times
Posted Image

#34 Rikku^^

Rikku^^

2nd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:39 PM

After a long time of thinking about this, my list is:

1) Braveheart
2) The Nightmare Before Christmas
3) LotR
4) What Dreams May Come
5) The Dark Crystal

Heh the second I read this I thought you must be female. :^_^: :^_^: No offense, but the only humans who don't like Star Wars seem to be ladies. XD

I am a female,so you are right about that :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 meatwad202

meatwad202

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:55 PM

Heh the second I read this I thought you must be female. ::lol:: :XD: No offense, but the only humans who don't like Star Wars seem to be ladies. XD

...um...I'm a guy who doesn't like star wars. Just putting it out there that I can dislike it just as much as the next person. I don't hate it, just not my cup of tea (or however the term goes).
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Mako-chan Love Always!!!
Ogawa Makoto and Konno Asami's memory shall not fade. May they continue to do well in all their future endeavors.

#36 Garamon

Garamon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1000 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:23 PM

Mini Moni The Movie ~Okashina Dai Bouken~ ::(:

Or maybe The Night of the Hunter (1955)...
... or Bicentennial Man (1999)
... or The Shawshank Redemption (1994)..?

XD

#37 rnwc

rnwc

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:49 AM

Who framed Roger Rabbit? and let's not forget Sukeban Deka XD

#38 Tubster68

Tubster68

Nacchiholic!

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 05:45 AM

Pulp Fiction
Saw 1 and 2
Godfather
Matrix trilogy :D

#39 Rikku^^

Rikku^^

2nd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:16 AM

Pulp Fiction
Saw 1 and 2
Godfather
Matrix trilogy :D

Nooo,not another Matrix fan. I mean yeah the matrix is a good movie but man what's up with people,it isn't THAT great movie!? :c06:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 sejl

sejl

REAL MUSIC

• Shinmem
  • 837 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:59 AM

I've never seen a Matrix movie, and i don't know if i ever will, they just don't interest me that much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users