• Please log in to reply
10781 replies to this topic

#5301 soup

soup

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:23 PM

I love that video! Aya is so much better than Norah Jones.

as a big fan of Norah Jones i'll have to say that Aya isn't so much better than her, although she is better. but, her cover of Don't Know Why is almost unbearable... i pretty much never listen to it, although i love the rest of the album. i do agree about the video, it is really nice, if only she'd done the song better. if she's going to sing english she should sing something written for her or if she has to cover she should cover something less famous (or at least something i don't listen to :good:). i think she should stick to japanese.

HAHA... I think Norah Jones is dead boring :w00t: Ayaya breaths life into this song. Sure her english is not perfect, but it doesn't bother me at all. I love her voice and she seems to have fun singing it :good:

#5302 ChobiMM3

ChobiMM3

Aya Matsuura's #1 fangirl in a sea of fanboys

• Senpai
  • 1767 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:32 PM

^ Soup, I second that :w00t:

Ayaya seriously has the best CMs; (Her outfits,the songs and dances, HER! :good: :good: ) I think the song she sings in the pink Pretz commercial should has been a b-side <3

Posted Image

#5303 soup

soup

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:36 PM

I guess I'm just a blind/deaf Ayaya fan. I like everything she does :good: :w00t:

Look at this: :good:

#5304 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

Licensed Nailpolish Caddy for Matsuura Aya

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:46 PM

I love how she sings "Don't Know Why". Musically I mean. Hell, I had to google for the lyrics to understand WHAT she was singing most of the time :w00t:
Why don't they hire Ayaka as an English teacher to at least get the pronounciation right. But then some of the English lines in Tsunku's lyrics are total nonsense too, so it might be some sort of master plan <3
But she should stick to Japanese...

Anyway, Xmas came early today (though I did pay :good: out of my own pocket :good: )
He not only brought me seven Aya singles but also the "Hello! TV DVD Pamphlet 2004"
The what? you will ask... never heard of it either. But it's pretty funny in the typical DVD pamphlet nonsense style.
Aya as host of a game show with Melon Kinenbi and then getting tied up near an explosive....haven't really had time to look at it fully though. Maybe it will make sense, but I somehow doubt it...
Will put it in the archives within the next week and on the tracker after my re-upload is done (in about two weeks). Here are some caps:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Call me the future Mr. Matsuura (after her inevitable divorce from Keita)
Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#5305 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:53 PM

^ More "nonsense": Has anyone ordered this ?

It's in stock while I am posting this message! Kind of old, but what the heck?
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#5306 mangomalte

mangomalte

"blame" invis for that ^

• Senpai
  • 3574 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:07 PM

I love how she sings "Don't Know Why". Musically I mean. Hell, I had to google for the lyrics to understand WHAT she was singing most of the time :)

yes, of course, musically she does it great, it's just the pronounciation i can't stand. :D

ha! that one's still for sale? cool! :D

A gift from Aya Matsuura for Valentine. The DVD contains completely newly filmed footage. Bonus features include an original watch, a baseball cap with Ayaya's logo, and a postcard set Comes housed in a special Valentine packaging.

maybe they ought to change the description, though... ^^;

and since you're bringing up the Love Gifts, what choice do i have but to post my first torrent, Love Gift 2002? still not dead! <_< 2003 and 2004 are, though.

Posted Image
my last.fm ・ visit #risa @ efnet.org

#5307 ChobiMM3

ChobiMM3

• Senpai
  • 1767 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:00 AM

Look at this: :rolleyes:

Only Ayaya :santa:

Posted Image

#5308 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:09 AM

as a big fan of Norah Jones i'll have to say that Aya isn't so much better than her, although she is better. but, her cover of Don't Know Why is almost unbearable... i pretty much never listen to it, although i love the rest of the album. i do agree about the video, it is really nice, if only she'd done the song better. if she's going to sing english she should sing something written for her or if she has to cover she should cover something less famous (or at least something i don't listen to :P). i think she should stick to japanese.

Have you heard Yuuko sing in English? ^^; I love Yuuko very much but when it comes to her English - God save my ears :santa: and using Yuuko as a benchmark, Ayaya's English singing is way better.
:rolleyes: just trying to put things in perspective.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#5309 mangomalte

mangomalte

"blame" invis for that ^

• Senpai
  • 3574 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:31 AM

Have you heard Yuuko sing in English? :wub:

after your comment... i don't know if i want to. :) and i'm not saying that Aya's english is the worst i've heard, not at all. it's just that when i've heard that song so many times in perfect english it's feels kinda wrong to hear it being sung with that pronounciation. i listen to a lot of music sung in engrish, like YumYum!ORANGE (which's lead singer has an awful english :D) and BONNIE PINK (which i very much recommend :lol:), but as i said, when it's a cover of something famous that you've heard in perfect english many times before... it doesn't sound as good as it could've if you hadn't heard the original song before. i guess my first post didn't really convey that. :D but i still think she should stick to japanese.

Posted Image

#5310 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:49 AM

^ Oh in that case... :lol: i totally understand you :D... also the fact that I hardly listen to Nora could be the reason I find Ayaya pleasant to hear but the song that Yuuko did was a well known christmas song - like you explained, when the song is well known... :)

BONNIE PINK

HAHAHA.. this name reminds me of Ganju's (from Bleach) boar pet which he rides - he calls it Bonnie :wub:

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#5311 Humle

Humle

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:18 AM

as a big fan of Norah Jones i'll have to say that Aya isn't so much better than her, although she is better. but, her cover of Don't Know Why is almost unbearable... i pretty much never listen to it, although i love the rest of the album. i do agree about the video, it is really nice, if only she'd done the song better. if she's going to sing english she should sing something written for her or if she has to cover she should cover something less famous (or at least something i don't listen to :blush:). i think she should stick to japanese.

Well id say she sings it very well.
and id disagree on the Norah Jones song being THAT famous, its still a classic tho ;p
Posted Image

#5312 Vermillion

Vermillion

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:46 PM

I want to hear Norah Jones sing one of Aya's songs to see how good her Japanese pronounciation is! :D

#5313 Kreuz

Kreuz

YOMIKI 4ever!!! <3 <3 <3

• Senpai
  • 1024 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:17 PM

hahaha well, even if this is a Norah Jones's song, the first time I heard it was the version Aya did XD I didn't know who was Norah Jones until some day I was watching a music channel and then I heard this song and I was all OMG!!!! I HEARD THAT SONG BEFORE!!!! :omg: But it was with Aya :sob:

And Aya's pronunciation is not the best, but her voice is amazing so it didn't bothers me a lot :wub:
Just like vermillion I would like to hear this Norah Jones singing one of Aya's songs, a good one, like "Hajimete Kuchibiru o Kasaneta" or "Dearest"
Posted Image
¡Está de regreso! My Dearest...

#5314 mangomalte

mangomalte

"blame" invis for that ^

• Senpai
  • 3574 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:14 PM

^ ha, that would've been funny. :sob:

and id disagree on the Norah Jones song being THAT famous, its still a classic tho ;p

ok, with a risk of going a bit off topic, let me quote some wiki about Don't Know Why and Come Away With Me (the album on which it was featured on as the main single).

The single went on to win three Grammy Awards in 2003 for "Record of the Year", "Song of the Year", and "Best Female Pop Vocal Performance".

Her debut album, Come Away with Me, debuted in February 2002 and was instantly celebrated for its blending of mellow, acoustic pop with soul and country. It hit number one on the U.S. Billboard 200, with the single "Don't Know Why" hitting number one on the Top 40 Adult Recurrents in 2003. It won Album of the Year at the Grammy Awards. She made a cameo appearance in the 2002 movie Two Weeks Notice playing the piano and singing "Nearness of You" at the fundraiser. "Come Away With Me" has sold over 20 million copies and is the second-best selling album of the decade so far, behind The Beatles' 1.

i would call that very famous.

i really like Aya's later jazzy stuff because it reminds me of Norah Jones' music, but i don't want her to cover her.

Posted Image

#5315 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:17 PM

I want to hear Norah Jones sing one of Aya's songs to see how good her Japanese pronounciation is! :)

LOL!!!!

She wouldn't risk 20 million copies just to make a ridicule of herself singing in Japanese.

But it would be totally fun to see her dropping the towel (ooops!) in a PV of a jazz version of Momoiro Kataomoi :(
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#5316 ChobiMM3

ChobiMM3

• Senpai
  • 1767 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:20 PM

But it would be totally fun to see her dropping the towel (ooops!) in a PV of a jazz version of Momoiro Kataomoi :(

:) LOL

Posted Image

#5317 soup

soup

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:13 AM

Ayaya is so cute here: :blink: :P

#5318 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:09 AM

You just had to, didn't you....damn expensive days right now...But an Ayaya baseball cap....

Btw all the love gifts are available in the archives (folder 4), as is that Sanpo & Tonari no Totoro Expo performance :lol:

And that Hello! TV DVD Pamphlet is up now too

But it would be totally fun to see her dropping the towel (ooops!) in a PV of a jazz version of Momoiro Kataomoi

Aya or Nora? :)

Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#5319 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:52 AM

Weekly Review 46 is finished:

Redirect
Main Site
Week 46

Ayaya3.jpg

#5320 silenceglaive

silenceglaive

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 613 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:01 PM

Good timing Matt :P So I can read it in the lunchbreak XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users