• Please log in to reply
10781 replies to this topic

#4941 Azagrath

Azagrath

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:55 PM

I think the main "problem" is that with a lot of the songs, they're playing it really safe. I would love to hear Aya do more jazz, swing, bigband, whatever. It's just, I really would like the songs to be very energetic (think more along the lines of Mr. Moonlight for example) and... I dunno, loud. Daybreak on Maki's new album is jazzy and quite low-key. Still, it oozes sensuality and finesse. Aya's stuff in that vein is way more relaxed, pleasant, and it's a lot easier for it to fall into the boring category. I can't really see Aya doing it like Maki, nor would I want to. She'd be perfect in a much more lively and energetic performance. As it is right now, it's way too easy listening.

#4942 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:20 PM

Those comments about the new album sort of scare me, because all the reviewers seem to have a clear mind and sound as objective as possible :wub:

@ Azagrath: Totally agree about "Daybreak".
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#4943 Zephyr

Zephyr

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:35 PM

02. Happy to Go!
A happy song that will fare well at concerts I'm sure. Gets me in a good mood, so thumbs up again.

Agreed! I've been living on the preview until I get the album (hopefully tomorrow?*), but I have to say that I adore this song. It makes me smile every time I hear it =D And the thought of seeing it in concert is pure love ^.^

*I'm waiting for US iTunes to get their act together and put up Aya's album -- they have the first three, as well as "Suna wo Kamu You ni... NAMIDA" and "First Kiss", but no Double Rainbow yet >.>

#4944 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

Licensed Nailpolish Caddy for Matsuura Aya

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:09 PM

Those comments about the new album sort of scare me, because all the reviewers seem to have a clear mind and sound as objective as possible ^_^

So far it's only Aza and me. At least here ^^;
And I didn't say I didn't like it ^^;

Call me the future Mr. Matsuura (after her inevitable divorce from Keita)
Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#4945 Azagrath

Azagrath

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:22 PM

I like the album, by all means. I just don't love it... yet ^_^

#4946 atstrbcks

atstrbcks

亀井絵里 Loving you forever~

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:44 AM

Ohh. I didn't realize it was up already :blink:
Must download now!
Naked Songs may have been boring, but I really liked it.

Edit: Okay, so my download finished and I think this album is great XD Though some songs may be a bit slow
Posted Image

#4947 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:38 AM

*averting his eyes from all the reviews of Double Rainbow until he goes and buys his own copy later today and listens to it beforehand*

i don't know if this was mentioned before, but Matsuura is a guest on Waratte Iitomo today! she's not a telephone guest, but a guest for the one of the "game" segments. since i didn't know before hand, this was a very pleasant surprise! (good thing i became a fan of the show and watch it every day! XD )

as for her outfit:
Spoiler

i'm sure Mattthecat will be uploading this soon. XD

Adventures in Japanmister.mori's newest blog entry:
Suspended Indefnitely

#4948 Jun Wolf

Jun Wolf

Demon

• Senpai
  • 654 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:10 AM

I don't want to break any topics, but is it just me or did Matsuura lose some weight?
Posted Image

#4949 Quintaxos

Quintaxos

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:56 AM

I don't want to break any topics, but is it just me or did Matsuura lose some weight?

In my eyes she has always been skinny :ph34r:

December 2004
Matsuura Aya's voice bursting out, "You, don't be scared shitless!" to a staff member is widely circulated. What does she mean by that? Lol, it made me laugh though.

Nope.

#4950 jw042693

jw042693

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:42 AM

Her face looks skinnier but I can't tell if she actually lost any weight.

#4951 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:03 PM

well...since no one else has, i uploaded the Waratte Iitomo segment to the tracker:

(071010) Matsuura Aya - Waratte Iitomo (1024x576).avi

this is a really fun and interesting "game". you get to learn a fun little fact about Matsuura. enjoi! ^_^

EDIT: i also just bought Double Rainbow! :lol: i'm off to go listen to it now! btw, the insert is amazing! too bad i don't have a scanner. :lol:

Adventures in Japanmister.mori's newest blog entry:
Suspended Indefnitely

#4952 Quintaxos

Quintaxos

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:07 PM

well...since no one else has, i uploaded the Waratte Iitomo segment to the tracker:

(071010) Matsuura Aya - Waratte Iitomo (1024x576).avi

this is a really fun and interesting "game". you get to learn a fun little fact about Matsuura. enjoi! :lol:

EDIT: i also just bought Double Rainbow! XD i'm off to go listen to it now! btw, the insert is amazing! too bad i don't have a scanner. :lol:

I doubt it's subbed, so would nice to get a few lines of what they are talking about XD I wanna know fun little facts about Aya too ^_^

Nope.

#4953 mangomalte

mangomalte

"blame" invis for that ^

• Senpai
  • 3574 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:22 PM

currently listening to the album for the first time. :) i'm on Double Rainbow now. nothing that has been "OMG! this is great!", but Happy to Go! was really good. :P and i know that Egao is amazing already. i'll give my final verdict when i'm through it, but i think it'll take a while before i've fallen in love with this album. so far it's good, but not awesomely amazing. it's kinda catchy with those background singers, though. ^^;
edit: wow, i really liked blue bird. :sob:

Posted Image
my last.fm ・ visit #risa @ efnet.org

#4954 Vermillion

Vermillion

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:46 PM

To me she looked heaviest in her Spring 2006 concert video, especially when she changed into the orange dress. She seemed to go back to her normal size later in 2006-2007

#4955 silenceglaive

silenceglaive

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 613 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

So I just listened to the Album once ^^:

01. Ima wa Let it Be
Sounds good :blink: Lighthearted and friendly Song :sob:

02. Happy to Go!
The Name says it :lol:

03. Soulmate
I do not really know ... but I think this is someho a song that isn't that lively in the lyrics as in the music. Not compeltely my style too.

04. Double Rainbow
A nice Ballad song with a bit theatralic influence. Though it lacks at least a strong ending reprise (like Infection of Chihiro Onitsuka has).

05. Blue Bird
I somehow didn't even notice this song come and go ... so it is at least a good flowing song ^^...

06. Kaze ni Makasete
Again a better song ^_^ With an upbeat mood too. Like the tone and harmonics here :)

07. Suna wo Kamu You ni... NAMIDA
Really nice song :) Stands out a bit and I wonder if it'S good to have this song overshadow even Egao a bit. Okay it's a bit lower and pleasant in tone as Egao..

08. Toudai
Hmn I am unshure about that song.. Somehow it lacks a surprise in melody. It's kinda predictable... not that it sounds bad though.

09. Hikkosenai Kimochi
Again a ambivalent song. It's different so to say.. but some parts kinda sound out of tone ?_?

10. Onna Day by Day
Again upbeat :) I can imagine Ayaya dancing to it at the live performances. People will love to dance to it :)

11. Egao
I remember my first post about that song :) ... Somehow I like it much more now. I somehow think they "rounded" the top notes a bit and so it sounds better .. might be only imagination.

Over all it's a good Album I'd say :) Pleasant to listen but maybe it lacks some more outstanding songs ... I hope it will have good sales for Aya :)

On a last remark ... Egao reminds me of an old ELT song "Futari de Jidai wo Kaetemitai" ... somehow the refrain has the same tempo and similar melody I think :) ... :)

#4956 silenceglaive

silenceglaive

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 613 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:42 PM

Somehow nobody listens to the Ayaya Radio Show ^-^ Well I did and found it fun again.

Okay one can discuss about the DJ Ozma song in the middle :)
All else was good selected and she had time to advertise the Album :)
And from what I understood was fun things about game center and stuff... did I hear pachinko in between. And well even if you do not understand you know that Aya always telling fun things .. at least she laughs much :)

#4957 Vermillion

Vermillion

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:43 PM

I just ordered Double Rainbow from CDJapan. Hopefully this will help my favorite girl on the sales charts :) And I won't feel guilty about downloading the mp3s to listen to until my order gets delivered ...

#4958 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

Licensed Nailpolish Caddy for Matsuura Aya

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:38 PM

Thanks mister.mori for uploading it. Just got home after a murder day at work :-)))
I love that expression. Lol:
Posted Image

And silenceglaive, that makes three assessments in the same direction, so I guess our feeling wasn't entirely wrong...
I'd love to talk more about her shows, but other than listening to Aya's voice (which of course wakes me up every morning :-) I can't really contribute anything there...

Call me the future Mr. Matsuura (after her inevitable divorce from Keita)
Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#4959 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:03 AM

...I would love to hear Aya do more jazz, swing, bigband, whatever. It's just, I really would like the songs to be very energetic (think more along the lines of Mr. Moonlight for example) and... She'd be perfect in a much more lively and energetic performance. As it is right now, it's way too easy listening.

I agree exactly, I believe this is her destiny! Do you know who is American singer Ella Fitzgerald or Brazilian Astrud Gilberto? I have heard these, my uncle has recordings of them, these are good role models for Matsuura, I think! because they are so much internal feeling coming into songs and so much variety of tone in voice, also total command of rhythm. I know these are very old singers but jazz is very old type of music, yes? although always new too.
Posted Image Charter member of dorky doki club!

#4960 Jun Wolf

Jun Wolf

Demon

• Senpai
  • 654 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:47 AM

I just heard Aya's new Album.

I enjoyed it a lot! Makes me feel happy haha

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users