• Please log in to reply
10781 replies to this topic

#4101 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

Licensed Nailpolish Caddy for Matsuura Aya

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:43 PM

hey guys! i just got back from the GAM live in Nakano! i wrote a quick summary in my blog! *points to signature* remember, comments on my blog are always appreciated! :sob:

Oops. Sorry that I didn't reply directly. But I did reply in your blog :-)))

And yes, it's good to see them do something meaningful (like this or the eco campaigns).
THAT's what idols (aka role models) should be about, not that silly boyfriendless stuff!

Call me the future Mr. Matsuura (after her inevitable divorce from Keita)
Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#4102 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:21 PM

And if you think that Aya with a Yo-yo is mayhem-on-two-legs......
Posted Image

For our ease of ordering, Sukeban Deka (subtitled and dubbed -yikes- version) now on AMAZON.COM

If I ever see this film in Greek dvd rental stores and find out that those mediterranean savages are drooling over Ayaya and Rika, I'm gonna give them some real yo-yo mayhem... (Same goes for the bozo who gave it a 3/5 rating at Amazon)
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#4103 Cotton Cloth

Cotton Cloth

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 523 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:49 AM

Is this Aya?

Posted Image

#4104 Quintaxos

Quintaxos

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:58 AM

Is this Aya?

It sure is :good:

Nope.

#4105 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:04 AM

OMG, who is that getting hit in the head with the ball in your sig? :good:

#4106 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:33 AM

OMG, who is that getting hit in the head with the ball in your sig? :good:

I think she is Kei Yasuda, being abused by Utaban hosts as always.
Posted Image Charter member of dorky doki club!

#4107 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:36 AM

OMG, who is that getting hit in the head with the ball in your sig? ^^;

Never did like those assholes. :good: I know, I know. Japanese humor vs. American humor. I just hated the way they were always such jerks and trying to cop a feel all the time. Sorry about being off topic.

#4108 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:40 AM

OMG, who is that getting hit in the head with the ball in your sig? ^^;

Never did like those assholes. :good: I know, I know. Japanese humor vs. American humor. I just hated the way they were always such jerks and trying to cop a feel all the time. Sorry about being off topic.

I agree everything, especially those guys etc. Japanese humor sucks, yes? most times. Perhaps sometimes other person's pain and embarassment and misery and suffer is funny, but I cannot remember such time just now...
Posted Image Charter member of dorky doki club!

#4109 Quintaxos

Quintaxos

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:42 AM

I find Utaban very funny when they are making fun of certain people, as long as they are laughing along themselves.

Nope.

#4110 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:54 AM

I find Utaban very funny when they are making fun of certain people, as long as they are laughing along themselves.

I have no problem with satirical humor, poking fun at ideas and people. Been a staple of most forms of humor for who knows how long. It's the ball to the back of the head. Being chased around the table and then being tackled on stage while the girls are wearing skirts. Poking or pinching Nono and saying that her belly is huge.

I know physical humor is widely practiced and I find most of it funny myself. But these are girls, little girls. I know this is sexist as hell but you're not supposed to do that kind of stuff IMO.

Again, I apologize for being off topic.

#4111 sville1999

sville1999

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:05 AM

Just a heads up. gEkOh at jpopsuki reopened his HDTV Perfs thread. Lots of Ayaya's performances there. If you have a couple performances missing from your collection, that could be a good place to get them.

Edit: Regarding Yasuda getting hit by the ball: It's from the H!P Shuffle 2005 episode (2005.07.07.) I was quite shocked when first watching this, and still can't believe Ishibashi Takaaki did this. Personally I don't think it's fun at all.

Edit2: For those who can read Japanese, here is an interview of Ayaya on Sukedachi, together with the play's storyline.
“『AYA』=亜弥 『WAY』=道
松浦亜弥らしく、自分の道をまっすぐ突き進む・・・
という力強い想いを込めて、この名前にしました。”

#4112 rnwc

rnwc

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:26 AM

Episode 1.
Edited episode 1 subs. Just found out the meaning of a couple words from my friend and added them in. Old subs still good if you want to keep that one instead.

#4113 Quintaxos

Quintaxos

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:34 AM

I have no problem with satirical humor, poking fun at ideas and people. Been a staple of most forms of humor for who knows how long. It's the ball to the back of the head. Being chased around the table and then being tackled on stage while the girls are wearing skirts. Poking or pinching Nono and saying that her belly is huge.

I know physical humor is widely practiced and I find most of it funny myself. But these are girls, little girls. I know this is sexist as hell but you're not supposed to do that kind of stuff IMO.

Again, I apologize for being off topic.

Yes, and Yaguchi is always saying something like "Hey that's discrimination" and if someone thinks they have gone too far with their jokes they should really stop crossing that line. Then again, the ball to the back of the head.. if it was me getting that ball to the head I would be laughing my ass off and wouldn't really feel discriminated.

Nope.

#4114 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:36 AM

Yes, and Yaguchi is always saying something like "Hey that's discrimination" and if someone thinks they have gone too far with their jokes they should really stop crossing that line. Then again, the ball to the back of the head.. if it was me getting that ball to the head I would be laughing my ass off and wouldn't really feel discriminated.

But it's not jokes or discrimination. It's two mean spirited hacks taking advantage of the girls because they know they can't defend themselves due to the Japanese 'code of conduct' that is taught. The hosts are elders and can do and say what they want. You, as the junior, have to take it and be grateful for it.

I don't mean to say you are wrong for liking the show. I'm happy you enjoy it, I really am. But in my western eyes (and I admit that's probably the problem right there) it's a garbage show that relies on embarrassing it's guests and physically humiliating them for cheap laughs, made worse due to the fact that the guests are sitting ducks do to social conduct standards.

I applauded Yaguchi's attempts to fight back, but she was always quickly shot down by the hosts and received almost no support from the other girls because she was breaking the rules. I seem remember Yasuda coming to her rescue once though, but she got picked on just as much if not more that Yaguchi did.

#4115 Quintaxos

Quintaxos

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:00 AM

But it's not jokes or discrimination. It's two mean spirited hacks taking advantage of the girls because they know they can't defend themselves due to the Japanese 'code of conduct' that is taught. The hosts are elders and can do and say what they want. You, as the junior, have to take it and be grateful for it.

I don't mean to say you are wrong for liking the show. I'm happy you enjoy it, I really am. But in my western eyes (and I admit that's probably the problem right there) it's a garbage show that relies on embarrassing it's guests and physically humiliating them for cheap laughs, made worse due to the fact that the guests are sitting ducks do to social conduct standards.

I applauded Yaguchi's attempts to fight back, but she was always quickly shot down by the hosts and received almost no support from the other girls because she was breaking the rules. I seem remember Yasuda coming to her rescue once though, but she got picked on just as much if not more that Yaguchi did.

I never thought about it that way, I'm yet not that familiar with the Japanese culture.
Indeed there's cheap jokes, I guess i have a cheap sense of humor ^^;

Nope.

#4116 MoMusuko

MoMusuko

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:28 PM

I totally understand where you guys are coming from. The episode where they forced Yaguchi to admit that idols fart really made me mad. They really aren't supposed to ruin their image. To make it worse, they kept saying how she farts all the time. Poor girl.

If I am ever an idol, and get on a show like that, and they embarrass me and try to hurt my image, I'll remind them that westerners don't follow the same seniority BS and show them what for.

#4117 jw042693

jw042693

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:35 PM

Even though they made fun of Yasuda the most, she always wants to come back on the show. I think they made Iida cry once (I Wish episode?) but they made up for it. As for the cruel treatment, I see it as building character and helping those members that don't stand out to be seen. But to get back on topic, I like when the hosts do their terrible Ayaya impressions.

#4118 Maury Tuhis

Maury Tuhis

( • )( • )ԅ( ̄ε ̄ԅ)

• Senpai
  • 2037 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:50 PM

I totally understand where you guys are coming from. The episode where they forced Yaguchi to admit that idols fart really made me mad. They really aren't supposed to ruin their image. To make it worse, they kept saying how she farts all the time. Poor girl.

If I am ever an idol, and get on a show like that, and they embarrass me and try to hurt my image, I'll remind them that westerners don't follow the same seniority BS and show them what for.

Um... what have you been smoking? If you'd watch the entire show you'd see Risa telling about Tsuji and Aibon doing kanchos (basically ram their fingers up other girls asses) and Aibon punches Mari in the crotch.

So admitting to farting does not seem that bad. And Mari really does not seem to mind.

And BTW, at least Yasuda has thanked them for the teasing, for it has made her name more popular.

"How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five.
 Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane."

#4119 MoMusuko

MoMusuko

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

Um... what have you been smoking? If you'd watch the entire show you'd see Risa telling about Tsuji and Aibon doing kanchos (basically ram their fingers up other girls asses) and Aibon punches Mari in the crotch.

So admitting to farting does not seem that bad. And Mari really does not seem to mind.

And BTW, at least Yasuda has thanked them for the teasing, for it has made her name more popular.

Wow, where did that come from. Thanks for targeting me for you opposing view even though I was just agreeing with EVERYONE ELSE. Kanchoing someone isn't that big of a deal. It is a common prank. They aren't really thinking about hitting each others vagina's. And it looked like Aibon was going for the gut or something. Physical humor is common in Japan. And you could obviously tell Mari was very uncomfortable with the question but being cool, she answered it honestly. And it kind of is hard for a female idol to answer a question like that on television so it is a somewhat big deal for them.
Try not to flame me just because you don't like my opinion please.

#4120 Maury Tuhis

Maury Tuhis

( • )( • )ԅ( ̄ε ̄ԅ)

• Senpai
  • 2037 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

Wow, where did that come from. Thanks for targeting me for you opposing view even though I was just agreeing with EVERYONE ELSE. Kanchoing someone isn't that big of a deal. It is a common prank. They aren't really thinking about hitting each others vagina's. And it looked like Aibon was going for the gut or something. Physical humor is common in Japan. And you could obviously tell Mari was very uncomfortable with the question but being cool, she answered it honestly. And it kind of is hard for a female idol to answer a question like that on television so it is a somewhat big deal for them.
Try not to flame me just because you don't like my opinion please.

OK, maybe I should have made my posting a bit less hastily and bit more softly. But it still does not invalidate my point.
If you look at Utaban from a western point of view, it might seem cruel. BUT that is the way things are handled around there. And when compared to kancho and the crotch attack, remember that other words in western culture could be "sexual assault" and "battery". And Aibon was not going for the gut. So I think that admitting being human and answering a kid's question honestly is not that bad, and certainly not destructive for their images.

"How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five.
 Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users