• Please log in to reply
10781 replies to this topic

#3081 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:05 AM

I think she pronounce "R" okay, of course she cannot pronounce "L" properly but none of us can, our tongue will not shape this way, we do not have this sound in Japanese. [/color]

It's just a question of habit... and practice... and being able to hear the difference. It's a fun game I play with my students: "did I say lip, or did I say rip?" It gets even funnier when they say one of the l/r pairs and everybody's supposed to figure out which they said. The niggly detail is that the らりるれろ line of sounds aren't "Rx" they're an rl combined sound that sometimes sounds more like an 'l' and sometimes sounds more like an 'r' and almost always has a lot more *tongueclick* than the english l or r (Spain-style Spanish has a lot of tongueclick in it's 'r' sound, Mexican-style Spanish has much less)

And on the "rolled rs" topic, it's actually a pretty common sound for low-lifes in Japan. (Orrrrre) It was with that context that I found Matsuura's rolled-rs in Good-Bye Natsuo funnier than sexy. But everybody approaches a song with their own context (yay post-modern constructionism!) so if it's sexy to you, it's sexy. :cool
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#3082 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

Licensed Nailpolish Caddy for Matsuura Aya

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:50 PM

The weekly review will follow on Tuesday as work is curtailing my time right now
Posted Image

So who has watched/listened to the concert DVD?

Call me the future Mr. Matsuura (after her inevitable divorce from Keita)
Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#3083 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:43 PM

A warning to all Aya fans:

After reading that stuff people were saying about Aya'a PVs i remembered that i hate most of her PVs now (as well as the singles). It's all because of the PS2 Ayaya pachinko game i bought. Literally every time you match up 3 numbers, one of about 8 of her PVs is played....then repeated and repeated unitil this timer runs out and you can continue playing. I only played the game once, but it was enough to make me wish i never hear ant of those singles again. So im just warning people off the game so that the same thing doesnt happen to you. And if your thinking endless Aya PVs is fun, well go ahead and play the game and you'll surely regret it. It just repeats them so much!

This doesnt mean i dont like Aya any more, far from it. I just dont want to watch her old PVs any more, so i'll stick to watcing live concerts and performances. People might not like me saying it, but i think some of Aya's old singles were beneath her. I think she's been used as a marketing tool a bit too often, which is a shame for such a talent. But i wont go on too long saying these things because i think people here might put a price on my head :crying. The important thing is in this is that the future looks good for Aya, what with GAM (hopefully much more of them) and new albums with a more mature style.

I havent posted for ages so i thought i'd rant a bit....sorry

edit: just thought i'd mention that Aya is looking better now than she ever has- but then you all new that right?
Posted Image SIMPLY THE BEST

#3084 Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 2698 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:45 PM

A warning to all Aya fans:

After reading that stuff people were saying about Aya'a PVs i remembered that i hate most of her PVs now (as well as the singles).

and you should share these feelings with us?
Don't care if you like em or not! you don't go into the girl's thread and annouce you hate em :c06:

It's all because of the PS2 Ayaya pachinko game i bought. Literally every time you match up 3 numbers, one of about 8 of her PVs is played....then repeated and repeated unitil this timer runs out and you can continue playing. I only played the game once, but it was enough to make me wish i never hear ant of those singles again. So im just warning people off the game so that the same thing doesnt happen to you. And if your thinking endless Aya PVs is fun, well go ahead and play the game and you'll surely regret it. It just repeats them so much!

I would like that, since its more or less what I do at my computer anyways...
keept stupid opinions like that to your self and just say you didn't like it....

People might not like me saying it, but i think some of Aya's old singles were beneath her. I think she's been used as a marketing tool a bit too often, which is a shame for such a talent. But i wont go on too long saying these things because i think people here might put a price on my head :crying. The important thing is in this is that the future looks good for Aya, what with GAM (hopefully much more of them) and new albums with a more mature style.

I'm gonna go "what~ever!" on that one....
Now pipe down about insoulting her older singles! since your offending the musical tast of others....
and by others I mean me in particuler :c06:
since we're sharing stupid opinions like that anyways..
I dislike this "new & mature" ayaya :)!
I hope it dies burning in flams so that we'll see a return to em old fasihon singles of "lesser worth"

I havent posted for ages so i thought i'd rant a bit...

if you always post like that I'd prefer it if you keept silent...........

Ps: if you ever find out you don't like(even though you use the word HATE) Lovely-chan's single...
DON'T BLOOD SHARE IT IN HER THREAD :c06:!

#3085 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

Actually I think Ayaya's video clips are among the best in the small world of H!P

"Doki doki love mail", "Kiseki no Kaori dance", "Momoiro kataomoi", "Ki ga tsukeba anata" (although I agree it's more of a commercial ad!), "Yeah! meccha holiday", "Goodbye natsuo", just to name a few, are inventive, full of energy and "explosive" colours! What more can an Ayaya song ask for?!

Even the ones that I don't like as much, like "Hyacinth", are a delight because they show Ayaya a lot! Some times, even that is enough!
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#3086 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

:lol:
Posted Image

Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#3087 Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 2698 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:56 PM

that should be on the greating page for her fan sites ::lol::!

#3088 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:57 PM

i love it Mattthecat

or it could be the first page of her new action comic book/manga
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#3089 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:02 PM

...her new action comic book/manga

Now there's an idea....

Ayaya3.jpg

#3090 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:16 PM

To cool things down here are some piccies:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ayaya3.jpg

#3091 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:33 PM

those picture wont cool anything down far from it
those picture making me hot*wipes sweat of head*
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#3092 Ero.Egao

Ero.Egao

SKINSHIP is my new favorite word.

• Senpai
  • 695 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:29 AM

Is it just me or is there this big distance between Miki and Aya?

Yeah, I know, if they were any closer, it would cause people to die of blood-loss..

My Fan Fiction Thread // MySpace // Photobucket
Thanks to the great SNIPER for my sig/avi!
Posted Image

#3093 tern

tern

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:59 AM

OMG Matt those pictures are just... life-giving! TYTYTY!
May I love you forever?

#3094 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:16 PM

Maybe Fujimoto forgot her deoderant? :lol:
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#3095 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:14 AM

Found an interesting Gyao feature, sort of a promo for the Naked Songs DVD, with some nice scenes with Aya. On the tracker right now.
Posted Image
Still no comment on her fall concert DVD? A rather unusual HP concert... The number of peeps having downloaded the audio rip was also below what I expected. I still think it's the way she should go

Ayaya3.jpg

#3096 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:41 AM

I think she pronounce "R" okay, of course she cannot pronounce "L" properly but none of us can, our tongue will not shape this way, we do not have this sound in Japanese. [/color]

It's just a question of habit... and practice... and being able to hear the difference. It's a fun game I play with my students: "did I say lip, or did I say rip?" It gets even funnier when they say one of the l/r pairs and everybody's supposed to figure out which they said. The niggly detail is that the らりるれろ line of sounds aren't "Rx" they're an rl combined sound that sometimes sounds more like an 'l' and sometimes sounds more like an 'r' and almost always has a lot more *tongueclick* than the english l or r (Spain-style Spanish has a lot of tongueclick in it's 'r' sound, Mexican-style Spanish has much less)

And on the "rolled rs" topic, it's actually a pretty common sound for low-lifes in Japan. (Orrrrre) It was with that context that I found Matsuura's rolled-rs in Good-Bye Natsuo funnier than sexy. But everybody approaches a song with their own context (yay post-modern constructionism!) so if it's sexy to you, it's sexy. :cool

Hi, Greyface! I don't understand this posting, but I think you are torture your students, yes? That's okay, Japanese students are used to torture from many teachers, we think torture is part of daily human life.

P.S. to Matt: nice pictures! always nice to see special friends are having good time together!

Posted Image Charter member of dorky doki club!

#3097 tern

tern

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:45 AM

P.S. to Matt: nice pictures! always nice to see special friends are having good time together![/color]

Nothing wrong with it as long as both agree to it!

Gonna go download the gyao clip now. :c16:
May I love you forever?

#3098 sLaVe4MM

sLaVe4MM

Thanks for The Memory, it's been more than beautiful.

• Senpai
  • 3502 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:00 AM

Hmmmmm I see we are talking about voices and such here.
Voices :
Jazz : BoA, Ayaya, Mika Nakashima, Angelica Aki
Hip hop : gotou, BoA, Ayumi hamasaki, Namuro XD, HEARTSDALES
Pop : BoA, Hikki, Ayaya
Rock : YUI, Kamiki Aya
Ballads : Boa, Hikki, Ayumi Hamasaki, Mika Nakashima, Angelica Aki

Thats just voices, and thats just the FEMALES! XD yes, Aya has made it one quite a few. Buuut of course, I got my favorite artist on there as well.

-sLaVe4MM

http://sweetkaramel....dex.php?act=idx

Pervy Thinkers Association >>LIFE ~ is just another story~2007/7/27<<>>Finally, I get to write again! Get yo KOREAN NEWS!<< CLICKIE ON THE PICIES! They take you to a new world :]

#3099 .a rookie.

.a rookie.

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:24 PM

BTW, Cuite Ayaya has finished the MC of Utawara @ 0128,
amd that tv program gave us 3 the MOST precious photos.. :P
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3100 Gaijin21

Gaijin21

2nd gen member

• Banned
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:32 PM

Yea i think the distance is to big i want them closer and see they'r hot body's one on one, closeup version. ::P: HAHAHAH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users