• Please log in to reply
10781 replies to this topic

#3061 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:37 AM

Btw I'm converting the Fall Concert Tour DVD to avi right now for those who don't want/can't to download 8GB (probably going to be appx. 1GB). Or should I extract just certain highlights? Or post the audio rip first?

Any of the above will be appreciated, anyway, so proceed at will! :P
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#3062 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:32 AM

...I think that maybe it's not Ayaya (or any other H!P artist) that might occasionally sound flat; it's rather the songs themselves that are recorded in the blink of an eye and released in a snap. I think the girls don't have the time to actually "feel" the songs before recording them, you know, get under the songs' skin (this opinion is based on some recording footage that I have seen, but it might not be 100% correct). Of course this improves at live performances, where Ayaya seems to have every second of the song under total control (quite true, especially in her latest live DVDs).

Either way, I have convinced myself that there is feeling and passion in H!P songs, even if there isn't! :P

I think this is very good insight, Alien! sometimes song itself does not have so much feeling in its meaning, and sometimes song is not proper for girl who is singing it. Also about Matsuura at live performance, I think she is very fine entertainer live with audience, she creates relationship with each person when looking at them, I believe this from watching videos.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

(Also like this: Ai Otsuka, also really great! entertainer but not so perfect voice like Matsuura.)

Posted Image Charter member of dorky doki club!

#3063 tern

tern

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:43 AM

@FumikoH: Who's the other 3 "great voices" of japan? :P

#1 = Namie Amuro, pop and R&B
#2 = Hikaru Utada, pop and R&B
#3 = Tomiko Ban, rock and jazz

My opinion is based on voice, okay? not popularity or entertainment or other characteristic. Amuro's voice is the smoothest and clearest and most controlled, amazing! and even showing any emotion, she is smooth and wonderful! also great entertainer, if you can watch her dancing you will be very happy to see! Utada's voice is so much emotional variation and expression, like musical instrument! and especially Utada writes her own songs so personal emotion is filling her songs! Ban was greatest rock singer with Do As Infinity, same clear type of voice like the other three, and power! now she is moving to jazz singer, same feeling as American singer Norah Jones, listen them back to back! and Matsuura is best clearest smoothest most range voice for new pop singer but I hope she will also be jazz, she has Amuro control of voice but very different sound.

Of course my opinion is like my bellybutton etc.

Namie :c16:

Amuro, BoA and Ayaya are easily my three favorite J-pop solo artists. Each is so different (well BoA and Namie sound more alike all the time), but each has a voice that is so good for their type of music. The one song of Utada I have is very nice and I'll definitely get ahold of more when I run out of stuff to listen to/ watch. I've never heard anything by Tomiko Ban, anyone want to recommend some Do As Infinity?

But I do think Aya belongs up there. Maybe she's the big star of her generation to go in that direction and with a voice like hers she is right there with those others you mentioned.

Btw I'm converting the Fall Concert Tour DVD to avi right now for those who don't want/can't to download 8GB (probably going to be appx. 1GB). Or should I extract just certain highlights? Or post the audio rip first?

I'll take whatever you put up. I'll probably end up de-mux'ing the audio track out of it for my iPod. Thanks!

I think this is very good insight, Alien! sometimes song itself does not have so much feeling in its meaning, and sometimes song is not proper for girl who is singing it. Also about Matsuura at live performance, I think she is very fine entertainer live with audience, she creates relationship with each person when looking at them, I believe this from watching videos.

I agree. It's obvious by the radical change that she has taken away from her image that the style of music she is doing now is what she really really wants to do. Especially with these new renditions of older songs, I think she's pouring her heart into it even more.

As for a song being proper for the girl who is singing it. Just listening to her sing Suna wo Kamu You ni Namida at the Otona no Namida concert blows me away. I can't imagine someone pulling that song off better than she did. No one would thing she's just some common pop singer after hearing that.

How's that for quality posting, H!P46? :P
May I love you forever?

#3064 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:16 AM

...As for a song being proper for the girl who is singing it. Just listening to her sing Suna wo Kamu You ni Namida at the Otona no Namida concert blows me away. I can't imagine someone pulling that song off better than she did. No one would thing she's just some common pop singer after hearing that.

My opinion: this song was her first recording with adult feeling, this song was beginning of her change direction. Strange another reason, yes? Tsunku did not write this song! he helps her change.

#3065 techrev

techrev

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:46 PM

My apologies ....

As odd as it may seem I am just coming to discover Aya ... outside of GAM.

I was looking at some videos and on a semi recent Hello Pro she was on with Goto Maki, they mentioned her video for Goodbye Natsuo. I very much enjoy this song ... it seems often I see Aya singing so many ballads, I wasn't even aware she did POP songs like this. Can anyone recommend any other pop-like songs from Ayaya?

Also, I was wondering something strange ...

In several of the lyrics for Goodbye Natsuo, Aya is rolling her tongue on the Rs. As incredibly sexy as that it - that seems a strange sound to hear from a Japanese person given the whole Ls and Rs thing. I wonder if such a sound is common to Japan? I don't think I've ever head a MoMu song or any Jpop song that had someone rolling their tongue in it. Has anyone else?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I would really like to discover more Aya.

I agree also with the previous posts about the sounds of Hikki and Namie ...
BoA also has a very very smooth voice ... (is it true she and Aya are also good friends?).

Namie has changed her sound so much I feel.

E

#3066 kitamurafan

kitamurafan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:24 PM

Just got done watching 14 Aya PVs in a row. In my opion she has some of the weirdest Hello!Project PVs out there (Ne~e, Tropica~l Koishite~ru, Yeah! Meccha Holiday come to mind). When she does ballds and slow songs there's simple PVs but with pop songs they really go all out. I'm not complaining, she's awesome to watch. I'm kind of surprised at how cutesy "Goodbye Natsuo" can be when some of the lyrics are a little harsh ("Goodybye boy, unknown to you I'm going to dump you" comes to mind).

My apologies ....

As odd as it may seem I am just coming to discover Aya ... outside of GAM.

I was looking at some videos and on a semi recent Hello Pro she was on with Goto Maki, they mentioned her video for Goodbye Natsuo. I very much enjoy this song ... it seems often I see Aya singing so many ballads, I wasn't even aware she did POP songs like this. Can anyone recommend any other pop-like songs from Ayaya?

Also, I was wondering something strange ...

In several of the lyrics for Goodbye Natsuo, Aya is rolling her tongue on the Rs. As incredibly sexy as that it - that seems a strange sound to hear from a Japanese person given the whole Ls and Rs thing. I wonder if such a sound is common to Japan? I don't think I've ever head a MoMu song or any Jpop song that had someone rolling their tongue in it. Has anyone else?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I would really like to discover more Aya.

I agree also with the previous posts about the sounds of Hikki and Namie ...
BoA also has a very very smooth voice ... (is it true she and Aya are also good friends?).

Namie has changed her sound so much I feel.

E

And to techrev... don't worry. I only discovered Aya about late last year so I'm kind of new to her too, although she is my favorite Hello!Project soloist.

I don't think the rolled Rs thing is very common, if at all, but in that song it is dead sexy. One of the sexiest sounds I've heard. And coming from her... :c16: "Goodybe Natsuo" is one of my favorite songs by her.

Cody L. Martin -  author and freelance writer

Twitter: @codylmartin1701

#3067 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

Licensed Nailpolish Caddy for Matsuura Aya

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:30 PM

Most of her early stuff are popsongs. "Yeah Meccha Holiday" and "Momoiro Kataomoi" being prime examples.

Bte working on the audio rip right now as a smaller version (though as mp4) has been posted.
Don't have much time for more right now unfortunately due to work overkill :lol:

Call me the future Mr. Matsuura (after her inevitable divorce from Keita)
Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#3068 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:07 AM

Hi, techrev! My favorite Matsuura pop song is "Love Chance," you should listen and read my translation in this thread!

http://www.hello-onl...a...ost&p=88533

Also I like "Doki doki love mail" which is very cute song. Also "Love is the color of tears" sometimes called "Love namida iro," this song is sweet but video is very bad! please don't watch! For soft sweet song I like "Hyacinth" and also "Suna wo kamu you ni namida" very nice both songs!

I think she pronounce "R" okay, of course she cannot pronounce "L" properly but none of us can, our tongue will not shape this way, we do not have this sound in Japanese.

#3069 kitamurafan

kitamurafan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:38 AM

Yeah, FumikoH, "Love Namida Iro" isn't exactly one of her best PVs. It's sort of bland and a little random.

#3070 tern

tern

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:45 AM

Take a listen to "Momoiro Katamoi", "Yeah! Meccha Holiday" and "Kiseki no Kaori Dance". Get the videos if you can.. and in mpeg2 if possible!
May I love you forever?

#3071 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:37 PM

Yeah, FumikoH, "Love Namida Iro" isn't exactly one of her best PVs. It's sort of bland and a little random.

Also too bouncy! Matsuura will never be famous for dancing.

#3072 Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Za Hitokiri~Gunshin

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 2698 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:38 PM

Indeed :c33:

#3073 Gaijin21

Gaijin21

2nd gen member

• Banned
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:11 PM

i was surfing the net and found some nice ayaya gif. :( XD :blush :XD: http://img291.images...2smallwo2ft.gif
300% nosebleed guarantee. It captures a nice part of melodies (not the kissing)

#3074 kitamurafan

kitamurafan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:38 PM

I always thought Aya was a good dancer. She's had some of the more unusual dances in Hello!Project, in my opinion. I like the dance in "Goodbye Natsuo." And wasn't she famous on one of the shows (I forgot which one) for her moves in "Yeah Meccha Holiday"?

#3075 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

i was surfing the net and found some nice ayaya gif. :( :D :blush ::P:

Naughty boy :wink:

Also too bouncy!

I like the dance in "Goodbye Natsuo."

... more "bouncing" in there! :wink: :wink: Even Maki Goto told Ayaya about that "bouncing" in Hello Pro Hour (translated version uploaded by Kuno here). Definitely worth watching and lots of fun!
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#3076 kitamurafan

kitamurafan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:44 PM

... more "bouncing" in there! :wink: :wink: Even Maki Goto told Ayaya about that "bouncing" in Hello Pro Hour (translated version uploaded by Kuno here). Definitely worth watching and lots of fun!

Point taken. I busted out laughing when Goto said it was "bouncy" then the announcer broke in with "if you don't know what she means you have a lot to learn about girls."

But I still like Aya's dancing. :)

#3077 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:54 PM

i was surfing the net and found some nice ayaya gif. :) :o :blush ::): http://img291.images...2smallwo2ft.gif
300% nosebleed guarantee. It captures a nice part of melodies (not the kissing)

Tired again, but that sure made me wake up :w00t!:
Got the first ten tracks of the DVD mp3'd, but it'll take at least one more day

Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#3078 kitamurafan

kitamurafan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:50 AM

I've been listening a lot to Aya's cover of "Don't Know Why" lately. At first I had to get the lyrics to understand a lot of what she was saying but then again I couldn't understand some stuff when Norah Jones sung it also. But I've been thinking that if Aya could improve her pronunciation she'd be a really good singer in English. Her voice to me sounds great, it's just the pronunciation. I wish more Hello!Project singers would sing in English. I really like hearing Japanese singers doing songs in English; some are really good (HYDE, Ito Yuna) and some not so good (Do As Infinity, Nakashima Mika). Aya isn't one of the best but she's one of the better ones.

#3079 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:39 PM

Personally I prefer her singing in Japanese as it's always preferable to understand what you are singing. Lol
And this one is a perfect example for what I'd love Aya to become. For me one of the highlights of the DVD (almost finished btw - and I must say it's a GREAT concert with Aya doing everything from pop to rock, jazz, swing and even country & western :-)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/npi668

Ayaya3.jpg

#3080 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:32 AM

Audio rip uploaded :lol:
Having listened to it in detail I must say that this is one of her best concerts so far, my favorite for sure.
And not only from a musical POV :D
Posted Image

Ayaya3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users