• Please log in to reply
417 replies to this topic

#21 cunning

cunning

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 06:27 PM

This group has 3 of my faves and i was super hoping they would debut together. I love being a H!P fan

Officially a KSS unit stan

Fan of H!P since 2006 💖

#22 Mikansei Girl 17

Mikansei Girl 17

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 06:52 PM

I would like to get an acrobatic group in Hello! Project.   :whistle:

Morning Musume
odasaku.png

#23 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 07:36 PM

I can see this group going either way with a sweet image or a cool image. It would be nice if the group had a sweet image since we’ve lost a group like that since Country Girls disbanded, but it would also be nice if they did some songs Kobushi style. Either way I’m very excited for the new group!

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#24 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:02 AM

I think for now, the new unit will just be the KSS unit girls, and then after the Tsubaki/J=J auditions are over, we'll get our final lineup. Needless to say, I am SO excited that Kirara and Kanami are finally debuting. It's about time!

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#25 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4355 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 03:11 AM

I'm thinking 8 to 10 girls is the norm for H!P groups.

Sooooo, mark your calendars, May 3rd is this year's Shindan Test.

Along with the auditions, we could see maybe 5 or 6 more KSS debut.

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#26 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 08:30 AM

for the concept i hope they try something new (well new for h!p) and go for something kinda kpop like? or at least like a weird blend of h!p and kpop styles. i mean niziu is extremely popular in japan rn and they're basically just a japanese kpop group, so i'd like to see this new group go for more of a kpop like style. or just something new in general i guess? it's hard to explain what i'm thinking but i feel like, while beyooooonds has their super chaotic theater concept that's also kind of like h!p at the max, i feel like this new group should swing in the complete opposite direction and do something more mainstream or kpop like, while also retaining h!p's usual styles. if that makes sense lol

#27 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14628 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 08:35 AM

Part of an article summary (by A @ Jplop) about the recital. This is just the last section about the announcements, the full summary can be seen in the 2021 recitals thread (here).

At the end of the live, the leader of Hello! Project, Fukumura Mizuki (Morning Musume. '21) made a surprise appearance, causing the trainees and the audience to gasp in surprise. Fukumura made three announcements about the Hello Pro Kenshuusei. She told the surprised Kenshuusei that a new Hello! Project group would be formed by the end of this year, and that four members of the Kenshuusei unit had been chosen to be members of the new group. The audience applauded loudly when they were told that the trainees outside the unit would also have opportunities to join the new group depending on their hard work. The formation of the new group will be decided by the end of this year. They also announced that there would be a solo performance by the Hello Pro Kenshuusei at Nakano Sun Plaza Hall in Tokyo on April 17th, and that the annual event "Spring Ability Test" would be held on May 3rd, where each trainee would give a solo performance.

Fukumura told the audience "I'm so happy to be able to announce to all of you that we're going to have a new group, even though it's getting difficult for us to hold concerts."

She told the trainees, "So many people have come to support you so that you can debut. I'm so happy to be able to announce your debut". After that, all 19 Kenshuusei members sang an original ballad number "Mirai e Tsunagu Yakusoku". The curtain came down on the performance as warm applause echoed throughout the venue.

Translations of comments (also A @ Jplop) from the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Unit members.

Yonemura Kirara: I'm very happy because the four of us have been working hard together for a long time!
We'll do our best to improve our skills even more so that we can make our debut!

Ishiguri KanamiWe'll do our best to further improve as a group by adding new members to the four of us! We'll make it a great year!

Kubota NanamiThis is the starting point for us, so I will absorb a lot of things and do my best to make a wonderful group.

Saito MadokaI'm happy to be in a new group with three people who have supported me all these years, and to be at the starting line with new members!

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#28 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 09:08 AM

for the concept i hope they try something new (well new for h!p) and go for something kinda kpop like? or at least like a weird blend of h!p and kpop styles. i mean niziu is extremely popular in japan rn and they're basically just a japanese kpop group, [...]

I can't imagine an H!P K-Pop group making ANY headway against Niziu... For one thing, it would look like (and be) just trying to jump on somebody else's surfboard to catch their wave. For another thing, I don't think H!P has that set of brains in their rolodex.

I don't follow KSS, so I have no idea what these 4 are especially good at, but I'd say that what H!P is missing is either something more like Kobushi was at their end (gutsy) or more like C-ute was at their end (precisely unified). Ange has some guts-flavor, but the history is so long and there's so much going on that the group doesn't make that impression so much as it's a thing they can do within their shows. MoMusu's formation dance works, on the whole, because they redirect your attention from here to there as different people do different things, vs. taking in the whole group and having them all being together...

But that might just be wishful thinking about stuff I personally like :ph34r:
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#29 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 805 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 09:17 AM

Honestly, I miss the cutesy groups that made me love idols in the first place. I'm also just happy to see another group debut lol

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#30 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1053 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 10:45 AM

Congrats to the girls!!!

But oooo I'm interested to see what their "theme" is going to be. 

I have a feeling it's going to be a mix of Kobushi and Country girls. 

Strength and power from Kobushi and cute and retro? from Country Girls

#31 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:55 PM

I'm really glad that they are finally debuting this group!

Kirara in particular has been my favorite KSS since BEYOOOOONDS was formed.

I had already bought tickets to her event in Nagoya next week, before this news broke. I'm even more excited for the event now, knowing she will be debuting!

I felt this news was going to be announced soon, and likely at the KSS recital in Tokyo, which is what was done for the original BEYOOOOONDS members before the other 3 were added as well.

Up Front has been pushing this KSS unit really hard, and trying to get them as much exposure as possible before their debut announcement. They were at the latest TIF on two different stages, and also performed at what seemed like almost every HelloCon in the past half year.

Like some others here are speculating, I doubt they are debuting with only these 4 members. I think they might add a few more KSS (at least Ebata and Hirayama are my guesses). They might add in some new people that are auditioning for Juice and Tsubaki too. They could fail them in the audition, then get added to KSS, then immediately added to the debuting KSS group.

BTW... the debuting KSS group has my favorite "円陣", which is where they huddle in a circle and do a chant before each live. The "pofu pofu" chant from the new group always cracks me up :lol: I hope they keep it!

Here's a streamable I made of their 円陣 from one of the Harodori episodes, for those that don't remember or haven't seen it:

https://streamable.com/j10ny7

EDIT:

I forgot, this thread needs some videos!

Here's their performance from last year's TIF at Smile Garden:

and from the Sky Stage:

also, of their song "Mistake" at a H!P concert:

Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#32 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 03:04 PM

Congrats to the girls!!!
But oooo I'm interested to see what their "theme" is going to be. 

I have a feeling it's going to be a mix of Kobushi and Country girls. 
Strength and power from Kobushi and cute and retro? from Country Girls

That’s possible! They have covered a few Kobushi songs, almost more than any other group I think! And they’ve covered Tanpopo too, so I can see them doing a mix of Kobushi and Country, though mostly Kobushi. They don’t really cover a lot of cutesy songs, mostly high energy songs with some attitude like Kobushi.

@zeroyon: their chant is really ridiculous and adorable, and I hope they keep it up too!

Can’t week to see what Hello!Pro Dream is going to be like for the next few months. I have a feeling Nakayama is up for debut because they seem to push her a lot on the show.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#33 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1195 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 04:09 PM

I enjoy the fact they're getting to debut, but seems funny they're waiting to add more members, in my head I was like you had a full year whatcha waiting for? XD

Anyways, I'm curious to what is going to happen to the Hokkaido sector as Ishiguri was the only active member...

#34 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 06:29 PM

I have a bad feeling this is going to be like those Beyoooonds members who had to wait a super long time after they were "announced" to have an actual debut. I think they're being put into a holding pattern so they don't leave until they figure out exactly what they want to do with their group. I mean, I'm happy they will debut, but I bet it doesn't actually happen until 2022. 

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#35 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 08:25 PM

Since they said they'll debut within this year that's exactly what they meant. Which is rather quick in comparison to Beyonks and Tsubaki isn't it?

I'd think they wanted to wait for the JJ/Anju audition to see what potential members they'd get from it and also which KKS on the other hand should go in which of the 3 potential groups at this point. At the end of the day all 3 groups want to make sure they will come out of this with the best line-up possible?

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#36 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 09:19 PM

Congrats to all of the girls!! This is fantastic news considering how I've liked Kirara and Kanami since the beginning! It's been a long time coming for them both. I hope they end up adding 3 new members and we get a nice rounded 7 member lineup. I wonder if they are waiting to recruit girls from the J=J/Tsubaki audition, or if they have current KSS in mind. I can't wait to see what happens!

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#37 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 11:38 PM

Here's the latest episode of Harodori. At the end is the announcement on stage by Mizuki of the plan to debut the Kenshuusei Unit.

https://www.bilibili...eo/BV1a54y1a7WW

For those that have watched the episode...

Spoiler

Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#38 claneksi

claneksi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5302 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 12:13 AM

^

Spoiler

#39 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 12:24 AM

^

Spoiler

#40 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 12:31 AM

^

Spoiler

I was just watching Hello!Dream and last year's KSS test and realised that I never really noticed Miku before! She kind of reminds me of a happier young Risako somehow. ^-^

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users