• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#101 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:26 AM

The fifteen years fact is shocking and makes me feel old as heck. :lol: I'm really happy for them though.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#102 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:23 PM

I'm not surprised that it outsold most albums in the Platinum Era (which I considered the worst line-up in MM history).

Honey, how do you get that most of the times your posts makes me want to hug the shit out of you? XD

Mod note: violence is not the answer.

#103 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:28 PM

^^ I’m laughing so hard omg!!! I felt the same way when I read that — Platinum era is THE best Momusu era in terms of performance ability and I think they had some really amazing music during that time. Only downside is the fact that Momusu was so AiReina focused, I would have liked it better if they’d been more equal. Otherwise, incredible lineup.

#104 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:27 PM

I guess I get where they're coming from though, it definitely was the worst selling line up.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#105 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:17 PM

How could you consider the era that gave us epic concert moments like this to be the worst?

#106 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4360 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:53 PM

WOAH! this should definitely be in the H!P Unpopular Opinions thread.

I'm not surprised that it outsold most albums in the Platinum Era (which I considered the worst line-up in MM history).

I admit the 8th gen as a whole was not well recieved by the wotas, but the entire Platinum Era being the worst?!?!

I suggest going back and watching the Morning Musume Concert Tour 2010 Aki ~Rival Survival~ concert.

Anyways; concidering the current situation, these are really great numbers without the usual in-person promo push.

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#107 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 04:09 AM

Don't get me wrong, I still consider Golden Era the best era of all time. They were the most balanced line-up regarding all factors: performances, personalities, themes, etc. I never consider performances the only factor to determine whether the line-up is good or not. This line-up is quite good to me, and about this album, I just wish there were more non-Tsunku songs, since they will make the album more fun to hear.

#108 Kimagure Princess

Kimagure Princess

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 06:06 PM

Ok but can we talk about how great 'Time Is Money!' is?
The "because I love you crazy baby" lines are an earworm lol!
I expected it to be a happy fast song because of the title (immediately thought about 'Nani wa tomo are!'), but it is nothing like that, it sounds mature and has a cool vibe.
I am waiting to read a translation since I understand only parts of it..

Which "sub group" song is your favorite?

#109 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 06:22 PM

Personally i'm not a huge fan of any of the unit songs. The one i dislike the least is Futari Abekobe but... Honestly that's mostly because it's a type of song don't do often XD I found the group songs far more interesting for once.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#110 moonxdark'17

moonxdark'17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1602 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 07:20 PM

PE had some of my favorite Musume songs, but their fans can be very...er...let's say 'passionate' and always comparing the current gens and music to them which can get annoying.

Anyway, I LOVE this album. There's not a single song I dislike, though I'm not sure I agree with Renai Destiny as the main song, but that's probably just a matter of taste for me. It's still too soon to say which songs are my favorites, but the ones that stand out to me most are TIME IS MONEY!, Futari was Abekobe, and Aishite Nan ga Warui

#111 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 09:03 PM

Renai Destiny isn't a bad song but i feel like Kono Mama should be the main track.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#112 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1250 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 10:25 PM

Renai Destiny isn't a bad song but i feel like Kono Mama should be the main track.

THIS! Kono Mama is amazing, delightful, catchy and perfect! ♥♥♥

MRkgm6i.png

#113 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:16 PM

finally got around to listening to this: aishite nan ga warui is a masterpiece and chel's high notes in time is money destroyed me instantly. i love this album!!!

#114 Hollerama

Hollerama

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:04 AM

Nakimushi My Dream is my favorite. I'm a sucker for Tsunku ballads, haha.

#115 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 06:13 AM

Finally had the time to listen to the whole album. Easily worth the wait. I don't dislike any of the songs. I don't know which are my favorites just yet (I literally just finished listening; I'll see what I repeat the most :lol:).

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#116 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:15 AM

Shinjirushika is my favorite unit song (Time Is Money is a close second though), and it's also my favorite song on the album.

I find the album overall pretty good, and very coherent.

I8dtEOy.gif

#117 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 03:27 PM

I guess everyone having a different favorite song is testament to how good the album is.

I'm a hey unfair baby stan, loved that song since it was first performed, and so happy to see it get released at last.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#118 RobianMoon

RobianMoon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 03:46 PM

Shinjiru shika it's my hit and I also love time is money, the whole album it's amazing every song it's a world.

#119 Luigipwns

Luigipwns

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 553 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 01:56 AM

First physical MM purchase I've had since Lullaby Game (I've been streaming their songs on iTunes tho since then) and 8/10 this album. I think TIME IS MONEY and Kono Mama are my faves so far as new songs. Maa's "Tsurai Kedo" in the second chorus gets me everytime she hits it PERFECTLY. I think the song I don't like as a new song would be the third track (I can't even remember the title lol). Otherwise solid album, and the singles I LOVED for a while, so nice to have them in one album.

Ishikawa Rika, Kon Kon, Risa I love you girls!

#120 洋hiromi水

洋hiromi水

dance, dancing all of the night~ ♫

• Senpai
  • 1654 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 07:42 AM

Ok but can we talk about how great 'Time Is Money!' is?
The "because I love you crazy baby" lines are an earworm lol!

Same!! I love those parts of the song. <3 I also simply like the combination of the voices of MaaChelYokoMei. Whoever chose these four together did a great job. Can't wait for a live performance of this song!

Yamazaki Mei Kaga Kaede  Haga Akane  Danbara Ruru Sasaki RikakoAkiyama MaoHirai Miyo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users