Photo

Hello! Project Juice=Juice & Tsubaki Factory New Member Joint Audition [RESULTS ON 7/7]

Audition Juice=Juice Tsubaki Factory Hello! Project

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#41 Ducky Mioda

Ducky Mioda

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 04:02 AM

Maybe we're also in a situation that, let's say, half of the group wants to graduate and the other half wants to carry on. If that was the case, Up Front would be in a weird situation since a group with only 4 members doesn't seem to be a thing nowadays (or only part-time, like Country Girls). The possibilities would be either dissolving the group and adding the remaining members to other groups (like Kobushi/Rei) or adding new members. That was something Kobushi didn't want so they ended the group, but maybe the members of Kobushi are more open about this option.

Or maybe they really want to set another mood after Risa's departure. I would have prefered a great comeback with the 8 members instead of the announcement of an audition, but well.

Your post makes me think about two things:

1. I saw this K-pop girl group called Aespa debut with 4 members over 2 months ago and, well, thinking about it again makes me feel like 3-6 members is the ideal amount of members for a group...
  2. While Tsubaki Factory debuted in 2017 with 9 members, one of them - Risamaru - left the group last month, thus making it an 8-membered group; I feel like this is similar to that one time from 2014 when one of the members of Girls' Generation (Jessica) left, thus making that group's member count go down from 9 to 8. Therefore, I might as well compare Tsubaki's situation to that of Girls' Generation considering how both groups used to have 9 members, but currently only have 8...

Sorry if my thoughts seem out of place because, lately, I've been in a K-pop mood the way rurupedia is   ^^; .

#42 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 04:28 AM

lmaooo honestly with not much happening in h!p and 48g (well that's a lie, compared to the summer h!p's being generous rn with the content lol, but i guess it's the wait for news on the singles that's killing me. 48g isn't doing shit though so lol) i've been more into a few kpop groups and also 46g. i do agree though that around 4-7 members is the ideal number for a group (and at most 9) so the spotlight for members isn't spread too thin, but j-idol groups are usually larger than that so it's not surprising they're adding to j=j and tsubaki even with both groups at 8. but yeah like i've said already i think the groups are fine as is, so auditions are pretty pointless, though as always i'll definitely lose it over the new girls if/when we get them lol

#43 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:33 AM

personally i don't see why an audition was necessary for j=j, they were fine with their kss picks...maybe they thought tsubaki alone wouldn't bring a lot of applicants?

#44 Ducky Mioda

Ducky Mioda

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:54 AM

maybe they thought tsubaki alone wouldn't bring a lot of applicants?

I think so...

#45 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:27 AM

Noted on the site;

https://hp-audition.com/

※ The final screening may result "not applicable". We may recommend those with future potential join Hello Pro Kenshuusei. The Kenshuusei are eligible for selection to Hello! Project groups in the future.

※ Hello Pro Kenshuusei will be screened for their aptitude through daily training activities.

(They always mention this these days. Though it usually says Kenshuusei will undego a parallel selection process rather than screened via acitivities. Probably means more or less the same thing.)

Preliminary screening:

- Document & Video Screening

① Designated application form (must be signed and sealed by parent or legal guardian)

② Photos; 1. Close-up face, 2. Full body, 3. Free choice

※ Photos must be taken within the last month

※ The maximum size per photo is 3MB

※ Please do not retouch or otherwise alter the photos after they have been taken

③ One video

※ Choose one song by Juice=Juice or Tsubaki Factory and include a video of you singing the first part

※ Please send a video of your upper body with choreography, no longer than 3 minutes

※ If we find you have submitted more than one application, the submission(s) may be cancelled.

----

This is the first time in a while they haven't had an FAQ about it being okay to apply if you've also applied to a Kenshuusei audition. I don't know if that's oversight or if there just isn't a KSS audition happening. Not a very notable change though, everything else is pretty much the same as it usually is. :lol:

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#46 carl Turh

carl Turh

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:39 PM

Riai looks really upset during the video

#47 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:12 PM

She mentioned recently the new line distribution and how she felt seeing how fel lines she got she felt like she wasn't reliable enough to get more lines (bullsh*t) or something like that, so she's probably worried.

Kiki's smile seemed forced to me

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#48 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:46 PM

She mentioned recently the new line distribution and how she felt seeing how fel lines she got she felt like she wasn't reliable enough to get more lines (bullsh*t) or something like that, so she's probably worried.

Kiki's smile seemed forced to me

I don't know that she has such competitive side. However, I noticed that after Risa left, she seems to be more outgoing with other members, especially with Omizu. That seems to be the good news, and I hope that she becomes happier after the incident, since it's better for the group if everyone is happy working with each other (or at least fake it a little bit).

Regarding new audition, I hope TF members will be welcoming to new members like J=J members do. S/mileage 1st gen were not very welcoming when 2nd gen joined (maybe except Ayacho), and there were gaps between the generations. Things are better when Angerme members have become more welcoming to new members.

#49 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:06 PM

I guess it highly depends on how well the topic of audition has been announced with the members. S/mileage were basically confronted with facts and the feeling that they were not good enough. By the time the 3rd gen was announced Dawa and Maro were already a bit older, Dawa had definitely grown into her leader role and everybody was a bit more accepting (though 2nd gen did look pretty down during the announcement lol). Momoko taught Country Girls well (but probably with Uta's and her own future departure in mind the group was a bit more willing to accept new members). The real surprise to me was Juice=Juice, they reacted really well towards Nanami and Ruru, despite them being the first additions to the group.

I have high hopes for Riko handling the situation well, though.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#50 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:50 AM

It's interesting how the Juice=Juice members tend to look at each other and react to each other more than the TF girls in that video. I wonder if it's always been like this?

I hope they add several girls to TF because I can't imagine it would be very fun being the only new girl in TF. I think it's going to be awkward for any number of girls to join TF because the group has basically been together for five years without new members (nevermind the scandal), but hopefully it works out. I think they're going to have to add 2 if not 3 girls at least to make it not awkward for the new members. It'll be interesting.

I'm looking forward to the results of this audition. How long are auditions usually?

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#51 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 08:06 AM

Might depend on if there are more restrictions / another lockdown? The two recent auditions pre-COVID, from application acceptance to final winner announcements, took roughly 8 (ONLY YOU) and 5 (MM 15th gen) months. The ANGERME audition was interrupted by COVID and lockdown, it took roughly 10 months.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#52 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:21 AM

Translation of Tsubaki's video : https://twitter.com/...6760061953?s=19

Juice=Juice : https://twitter.com/...1642372096?s=19

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#53 Ducky Mioda

Ducky Mioda

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 01:43 PM

Might depend on if there are more restrictions / another lockdown? The two recent auditions pre-COVID, from application acceptance to final winner announcements, took roughly 8 (ONLY YOU) and 5 (MM 15th gen) months. The ANGERME audition was interrupted by COVID and lockdown, it took roughly 10 months.

So I guess this J=J/TF joint audition should take place virtually through services like Zoom, Google Meet, and Discord VoIP in the case of more restrictions/another lockdown in Japan  :c18: ...

#54 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:09 PM

^^ Thanks for linking the translations!

^ I don't expect them to reveal the new members before fall, probably November/December. If we are at a point where we can have fall concerts again they might reveal them at the finals.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#55 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 06:43 PM

Ami sounds quite calculative regarding choosing new members for TF  :ph34r:  :ph34r: . If the manager allows 2 new members to join TF, I hope that 1 member will be noisy (Team Ami) and 1 member will be quiet (Team Kiki), and both of them can fit into girly's theme of TF. The group will be balanced this way.

#56 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 07:35 AM

She addressed this after getting comments about it.

"she saw a lot of comments wondering if she was ok and she is sorry she made people worry about her, clarifying she's excited about new members and during the video her mind was elsewhere. Facial expressions are hard so don't worry if she looks like that, but she wants to be more expressive."
https://twitter.com/...909756734730240

This is the first time in a while they haven't had an FAQ about it being okay to apply if you've also applied to a Kenshuusei audition. I don't know if that's oversight or if there just isn't a KSS audition happening. Not a very notable change though, everything else is pretty much the same as it usually is. :lol:

This has also been explained now, thanks to some looking around over at jplop. Hello Pro Kenshuusei auditions have been officially on hold since October 2020.
http://www.hellopro-audition.com/

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#57 Lotty

Lotty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 431 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:25 PM

Ich really think Juice should stay a kenshuusei-exclusive group. That would give the kenshuusei more value alwell. I can understand why Riai might be super upset. It's kinda like the management ist telling them yeah we added you but your addition wasn't good enough.

#58 Ducky Mioda

Ducky Mioda

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 02:05 PM

I can understand why Riai might be super upset. It's kinda like the management ist telling them yeah we added you but your addition wasn't good enough.

Me too...

#59 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 03:21 PM

JJ was known for their kindness towards new members, welcoming new members very well, even the "transfer" members (like Manaka or ReiRei). They gave a good example to their kouhais, how to deal with this issue.

The one that worries me actually Tsubaki Factory XD 2ki was like an extension for them, and also born from the same Kenshuusei (almost same generation), but this one sure there will be younger, cuter, more skillful kouhais are coming. Hope they can welcome the new girls (just like JJ did)

momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#60 carl Turh

carl Turh

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 06:36 PM

She addressed this after getting comments about it.

"she saw a lot of comments wondering if she was ok and she is sorry she made people worry about her, clarifying she's excited about new members and during the video her mind was elsewhere. Facial expressions are hard so don't worry if she looks like that, but she wants to be more expressive."
https://twitter.com/...909756734730240

Thank you so much, I didn't know that so much is going on with her, I hope she will be ok.

She is still very young and she has got a great potential to be an amazing power in Juice=Juice and Hello! Project in the future

-

I hope this auditiong won't take so long

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users