• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#41 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2324 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 10:07 PM

Oi, somebody please don't tell me that UFP knew this beforehand, and they deliberately shoved Sayubee away for Ganbarenai yo to prepare for this incident. It's because I saw no logic to promote Aari as a main focus for that song, since her skill is at the bottom of J=J's level. I don't want to believe in it, and hope that it's false, but the current evidences somehow imply it: promoting Sayubee as a group member less and less, OK to promote her as a solo. When something like the scandal occurs, the company won't waste too much time to fix it.

#42 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 11:03 PM

The 2nd song have a lot of Sayuki, Yume and Riai. If that was the case, she would be in the background in both songs...

And it's not like it's the first time Akari is center or main so... Naite Yo had Yuka, Akari and Tomoko as main singers, otona no jijou was a Akari center because her character in the drama was the center of the group despite not being the main character, Jidada Dance had a lot of Yuka and Akari...

We all know you think she's not talented enough, unpopular and blabla, but the staff know what they are doing. Splitting the focus between the two songs is actually pretty smart. I wish a certain other group with a lot of members would do the same thing...

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#43 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 02:03 AM

Oh I see! I guess they're probably trying to make Ganbarenai yo the leading single now, because they're probably not at the point where they'd feel comfortable with Yume and Riai as the only lead singers for promotional purposes. Either that, or re-recording Downtown.

Akari used to be a weak singer but she's improved a lot, and she has a very beautiful and unique vocal tone. All her performances in the past year have been very consistent. And she's quite pretty. So it definitely makes sense to focus on her sometimes.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#44 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2324 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 03:59 AM

Yes, you predict what I thought correctly. Another thought: Manakan is a better candidate for that position.

I think about three or four years ago, Aari improved after training with Sugai sensei. I think that was when the staff should start promoting her more. However, she has lost her momentum as a prominent member and now the manager starts to give some promotion to her again. The problem with her is that her facial expression is very stiff. Maybe it's because I set the bar too high. I watched Ruru, Sayubee, Shiorin, Omizu, Maa-chan, Risamaru, Rio, etc. and what amazes me is not just their singing skill, but also their facial expression for each song.

#45 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 05:46 AM

Downtown will be release in 7-nin version perhaps XD. And for Aari, she's not a "wingperson" anymore (reflected in early 5-nin formation), her voice became consistent, unique, and gave different vibe from other known voice like Tomoko, Sayuki, Karin, Ruru. Being in center also very suitable, due to her mature pretty look, resemble the JJ image very well.
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#46 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14628 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 09:19 AM

According to this fan it seems "DOWN TOWN" was performed by Manaka, Rei, and Riai at HelloCon and the ending fake was done by all three.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#47 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1847 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 10:50 AM

I hope they don't postpone this single :( It won't be better if they erase Sayuki

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#48 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2324 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 12:10 PM

Also, I think even though the manager knew this incident beforehand, there was one thing they couldn't control: the release date of the news from Shukan Bunshun. I thought that the company could negotiate with Shukan Bunshun to publish things like a month after the release date of this single. I will set aside the no-dating rule here, since regardless of the situation, the consequence of being featured in Shukan Bunshun is usually very devastating. Becky, a famous celebrity in Japan, faced a big backlash after her involvement with a married male musician. She faced big consequences: cut of most income sources, cut of sponsorships. That's how idols' having relationship with male celebrities in Japan is very dangerous if caught.

Back to the main topic, because the company could not make a negotiation, the leaving of Sayubee left opened many things: the performance featuring both her and Sakura now only has Sakura singing, and this: all events must be redistributed, and the release of this single is affected tremendously. This incident is no better than the one with Risamaru and much worse than the one when Aina left (despite not being a scandal, her leaving resulted in re-filming of Romance no Tochuu)

#49 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 08:12 PM

Becky is not at all a great example — she’s not an idol, and she’s in her THIRTIES. The problem wasn’t her dating, the problem was that she was knowingly dating a married man. The worst part about that story is that Becky was so horribly and publicly punished, but Enon got away with it and continues to make music just fine. That’s the only similarity between Becky’s scandal and Sayuki’s — they both took the biggest hit in the end and lost a lot of momentum in their careers. In both cases, the punishment wasn’t equal to the crime.

Back on topic:
It is a shame and it really sucks that this is happening like this. From UF’s statement about the single it doesn’t sound like they’ll be re-filming anything, or changing the song in any way? When it comes to the song, they have the girls sing the song in it’s entirety and then mix their versions together anyway, so re-mixing the song to adjust line distribution wouldn’t be as difficult as re-gathering the girls to get the group shots / dance shots re-filmed. But even those things they could do by the end of the month, there’s plenty of time. It’s amazing how much they can do in even a few weeks, let alone over a month. If Sayubee is no longer in the group, it would make much more sense to reshoot things and adjust the song accordingly to reflect the current lineup. They definitely have time to make these changes. Whether they do or not is more a matter of if they care enough to and not if they’re able to.

#50 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 04:59 AM

The Japanese community still perceive this thing is matter & important. That's why the previous incident concerning Sayuki had to be finished immediately.

And about the yesterday's Harocon (first time JJ perform without Sayuki), the fans reaction was very positive, citing that the line distribution was perfect, they performed superbly, and the formation is very dynamic although the incident was occurred last 2-days. I guess the situation was perfect, i'm sure they can overcome this one, and start to sell the new single.

momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#51 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:23 AM

That's good to hear about 7-nin doing fine! Honestly even without Sayuki right now J=J still has some of the strongest singers in H!P at the moment and the average performance level is still really high.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#52 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2324 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 07:26 AM

The Japanese community still perceive this thing is matter & important. That's why the previous incident concerning Sayuki had to be finished immediately.

And about the yesterday's Harocon (first time JJ perform without Sayuki), the fans reaction was very positive, citing that the line distribution was perfect, they performed superbly, and the formation is very dynamic although the incident was occurred last 2-days. I guess the situation was perfect, i'm sure they can overcome this one, and start to sell the new single.

I think the main problem is not the no-dating rule. It is because the person Sayubee lived with is a celebrity or people with high authority. Have you ever wondered why Ayapan, Saorin or Hama-chan or Maimai's incidents were neglitible, whereas the incidents of Arihara Kanna and Sayubee were devastating? It was because the male partners are either Johnny's members or famous male artists, blabla. I think there are more people who are protective of male idols/artists, like they don't want any girls to touch the boys. I bet that gender inequality still exists in Japan, and whenever male partners have problems with female partners, the female partners usually receive punishments from the community even if male partners are morally guilty (except when the situation involves sexual harassment or something worse than that, or when the female partners have huge supports from fans). Remember Kato Koji? He toyed with MM members for comedy, and nobody really cared. However, when he kicked Mayuyu's head, it was a huge problem for him. I mean, hadn't fans strongly backed up Mayuyu back then, that would have been neglected.

My point? A female idols should never involve with male celebrities (the problems may be less savage when they are from 48 or 46's groups). Otherwise, the consequence will be very bad. This is another lesson for all H!P members, especially if the incident may occur during the promotion period.

#53 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 07:36 AM

I agree that there is a degree of double standards/gender inequality when it comes to the treatment of celebrity female and male idols/artists. Like in cheating scandals have any of the men ever faced repercussions nearly to the extent that women do? Idk if I'd go as far as to say female idols should never get involved with male celebrities but it certainly seems to be working out poorly for the ones we do know about recently (Sayuki and Chissa come to mind).

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#54 carl Turh

carl Turh

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 09:08 AM

Considering they are re-recording everything including the MVs for both songs this might become the typical close-up and dance-shot in a low budget location, which is unfortunate considering a great MV could change people's percpetion of the songs 

Other thing that I've noticed is that DOWN has a very unique coreography planned to an even number of members, it will be a bit weird now with 7 girls

I wasn't expecting high sales for this single considering it's been released after Beyooooonds' second single and it's the first single without Karin but now after Sayuki's graduation and MM announcing a new album really close to the date the sales are likely to be even lower

Everything is a mess now and it's all because this Bunshun has decided to invade someone's private life, they should have just said Sayuki was helping him to replace a burn out bulb 

#55 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14628 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 09:15 AM

^ They'll likely postpone the release of Juice's single, so at the very least I wouldn't worry about Musume's album being as close as it is.

Edit: The single is being held back until April 28, 2021.

http://www.helloproj...com/news/12835/

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#56 tadase

tadase

Always lurking

• Senpai
  • 657 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:45 PM

The "production reason" is probably to remove all Sayuki goods from the single, i.e in photo cards. There has been no announcement on whether the covers and/or single/MV lines will be reworked on release to adjust to the situation.

Untitled-1.jpg

#57 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 07:25 PM

^I hope that's the case. I'd hate it if they actually erased her from the single as a whole.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#58 gobzilla

gobzilla

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:13 PM

^I hope that's the case. I'd hate it if they actually erased her from the single as a whole.

Isn't that usually what they do, though?

#59 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2324 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 11:53 PM

I think the thing you hate will occur. They do it because they want to avoid backlash not from J=J fanbase, but from fans of Yuri. Furthermore, if J=J wants to appear on TV shows smoothly, that's what UFP has to consider. The entertain industry is complex, and changes in what companies should do cannot easily be made, even with changes from fans' perceptions.

#60 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 12:10 AM

The only time that I can think of where they edited out a member would be Aina. Unlike Aina, they already started releasing promotional photos and were probably prepared to begin promotions and events for it. I can see them delaying it to take out the trading card / potentially edit her out of the covers / adjust the dance and performance for the new line-up.

I can't really see them editing her out entirely since it would cost a fair amount of time and money for them to refilm the mvs and rework the songs to not feature her. Not to mention that most reactions and responses I've seen online (both Japanese and international fans) want to see her back in the group. Also, idol culture isn't a part of well-known music shows nor does J=J perform enough on them to garner that much attention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users