• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#81 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 02:06 PM

I don't feel the need to support the label anymore buying every CD if they don't add english subtitles in the future on the MV. I honestly will just download everything for free from now. The english subtitles was the thing that makes me buy every release, because it showed they care about overseas fans and about that lyrics are the strong and most important part of the message they wanted to share with the world. Without that it's just melody now...

#82 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 02:09 PM

The subs are there, you just have to have YouTube translate them. Just turn on CC. This is honestly more fair to the remaining overseas fans that don't speak English. I'm all for it, even if it isn't quite as official. The Japanese lyrics are set there, and not automatically, so we know they are correct (as long as someone put them in correct lol)

Edit: ALSO, as someone that has worked in accessibility...the ability to change the font and such to the users needs opens the translation to an even larger audience then you would normally think about. This is GOOD.

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#83 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 02:17 PM

You can't do that on mobile phone, make youtube translate from japanese. Maybe on Pc ? So that's nice for people with PC but nowadays everyone is on the smartphone

#84 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 02:26 PM

I honestly didn't realize it wasn't a thing on mobile, my apologies. I'm looking into if there is a way to get around that somehow, be it settings or not, now.

Well, I guess the return of fan-subtitled videos will make a return, assuming they aren't taken down immediately. 

Edit: Got it! I'm doing this on an Android phone, with Chrome as the browser, but if you view the youtube video in browser and switch to desktop mode, you can translate the video! I know it isn't the most optimal thing, but it at least allows you to view the translation in some capacity. 

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#85 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 02:51 PM

That's better than nothing at least ! Thank you for the tutorial

#86 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 03:16 PM

Although I do understand the frustration of the lack of eng subs embedded in the video, I have a few points to make:

1. Not all overseas fans speak English, and I think it’s probably an eyesore to those that don’t speak either language, or don’t care to know the lyrics as much as you do. These can easily be done instead with the CC option, so they can be turned on or off depending on the person’s preferences. That’s much more inclusive to EVERYONE.

2. The English subs are Google Translated, with MAYBE some human double-checking. But they are often worded terribly or straight-up incorrect anyway, so they weren’t very useful for understanding the actual lyrics. They don’t really show UF caring that much about international fans, because if they genuinely did, they’d hire an actual human translator to make sure the lyrics are correct and make sense (not to mention, they’d hire a translator for more than one language, especially considering they’ve performed in countries whose native languages are NOT English... so they’re definitely aware that English isn’t the only language their international fans speak). Unless you’re either good enough at Japanese to know what they should be/what certain English phrasing was supposed to mean, or good enough at English to know they’re wrong and what they most likely meant based on context, they weren’t gunna be very helpful.

Now about the MVs themselves, I haven’t seen DT yet and I’m gunna hold off on that until I have some time later, but here’s my few thoughts on the Ganbarenai yo MV:

• What happened to the green dresses? I’m so sick of white outfits + sets being used for ballads (and actually, any type of song at this point), so the pretty green tone was a really refreshing change and it also really suited the spring season. I was hoping the outfits would change later on in the music video to the pretty green colour but they didn’t... but the styles look exactly the same, so did they just edit the colour tones so much they turned the green white? What would be the point of them wearing green dresses if they’re gunna turn them white in editing? Lol. Like they’re not even green on the covers either??

• I don’t love the way this MV was shot. The shot of Manaka dancing behind Rei in the beginning is really nice, but I wish they would have used that throughout instead of only again at the end... it ends up looking kinda awkward to me? I also think the random shot of the girls at the end with the spotted light should have been left out, or used throughout the MV so it’s not so random.

• They should have used the shots of the girls outside and such a little more often throughout the MV. They showed quite a bit of Tomo and Ruru and really took their time with their shots, but I feel like the other girls shots were really minimal and kinda sped through.

• Did I mention I’m getting really tired of white sets and white outfits in H!P MVs?

• Why did they have Riai standing in like... bushes or something? I mean I guess it’s a nice shot of her but it’s kinda weird to be like... standing in a bunch of bushes or something... is she hiding from someone/something? Like I don’t know why else you’d be standing in the middle of a bunch of bushes like that. lol Such a weird choice for her.

#87 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1637 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 03:23 PM

This got to be the weakest J=J's single ever. None of the a-sides is good. The videos are pretty decent considering they have to re-shoot them.

I won't be surprised if this single ends up to be their worst-selling single.

#88 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1195 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 03:52 PM

The only think I don't like is that watermark, shrink it a little more or just take it off to be honest.

#89 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 04:06 PM

I'm surprised people are emotional about subtitles, back when they first added it it seemed like everybody hated them ^^;

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#90 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 04:08 PM

Personally, i don't mind. Never really cared about them cause they were so bad and it was hard to take screencaps XD

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#91 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 04:21 PM

I like Downtown a lot more now that it has a cute and fun MV. Not the most impressive but it was fun to watch. Ganbarenai yo was kind of...washed out. Overall it's OK. Hope their sales aren't affected too much by Sayuki's departure!

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#92 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1847 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 06:13 PM

Ganbarenai yo is boring.... sorry, but the PV didn't saved it (for me). The only highlight is the cover of LTD B <3 

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#93 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 07:58 PM

I guess I'm in the minority in that I love them both. 

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#94 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2324 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 11:59 PM

I'm surprised people are emotional about subtitles, back when they first added it it seemed like everybody hated them ^^;

Well, a rule of thumbs: There are many things that people can complain about but almost nothing to compliment whenever a single is released. The complaining part is easy to understand, but the other part ..., Well!

#95 RobianMoon

RobianMoon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 218 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 06:12 AM

I guess I'm in the minority in that I love them both.

I really love both, they were rushed and maybe had a very low budget but they managed to make an amazing simple pv that doesn't look that cheap, that's the most amazing part!

#96 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14628 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 07:04 AM

The biggest takeaway for me here is how irritating and distracting the logo in the corner is. Covers things up, the colors clash badly, terrible placement. I recognize that my generally garbage day is leading me to focus more on the negatives than anything else, but even so - take it away, I don't want it, no thank you.

I'll update the first post with the covers and stuff when / if I feel less like crap.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#97 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 01:25 PM

I didn’t even noticed the watermark logo at all until you guys pointed it out lol

Okay I just watched the DOWNTOWN MV and here’s some thoughts:

• I love the outfits; it’s a shame they were wasted on this song LOL. Every girl looks STUNNING.

• the MV (outfits, set) kinda reminds me of Forever Love, but especially the outfits lol

• The effects and green screen are pretty nicely done in comparison to what we used to get with MVs like this, but this does remind me way too much of 2009-2012 Hello! Project MVs lol.

• I love the shots of them walking in a line (whether from the side angle or the diagonal one), I think those look awesome.

Overall I think it’s not their best MV but it’s rather cute and I like what they were trying to do (and for the most part, I like how it turned out well enough). I just think the girls standing in front of green screened shots of the city and “walking” while they’re showing different cityscapes behind them never looks good (it didn’t in Kono Machi or Help Me!!, to name a few other times this has been done). Does it really cost much less to do it with a green screen than to just take the girls to different city areas and have them just walk around? I mean, they could have even just had the girls change their clothes and filmed it at the same time they were filming the other MV’s outdoor shots (except in more “downtown” looking areas), lol.

The choreo is SO BORING, and it didn’t have to be!! The parts “Down town e kuridasou” is them just lining up in two lines and then walking into a straight line formation... they could have had a cute repetitive move there (that maybe could be easily copied and done in TikToks or something) instead of them basically just standing?? Man... this song is cute, but they really made it less entertaining because everything around it is pretty basic and dull. The choreo for a song can completely change people’s opinions on it, as can a really well shot music video, and when you combine those things? It can make a rather dull song a hit (even if only with the current fanbase).

I really do miss Sayuki tho... Juice will be fine without her (as they technically will be without any one particular member), but I really feel like this lineup is now missing something... like they had this vibe to them with Sayuki but now that she’s not there, it’s like... missing an “omph” factor or something. They had so much power before. They feel a little weakened now.

#98 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 07:23 PM

i like both songs but i feel like this single is missing a third a-side that's the it song from the single.

#99 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14628 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:46 AM

Online sign events, temporarily viewable.

Inoue Rei & Dambara Ruru

Inaba Manaka & Matsunaga Riai

Kanazawa Tomoko & Uemura Akari

Kudo Yume & MC Kanazawa Tomoko

https://youtu.be/_Hw8d6-PA9o

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#100 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14628 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 06:56 AM

Subtitled highlights from the Manaka x Riai online sign.

First press bonus post cards (under spoiler). Amazon.jp will include 1 of 6 mega jackets.

Spoiler

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users