• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#21 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:55 AM

oh that's interesting. i feel like it's a better fit than ganbare since it's not a ballad but also, why are covers the leading a-sides for both this and the beyonds single? also weird that this makes j=j's second single in a row with covers for main a-sides. but eh they're all a-sides in the end so it doesn't matter that much lol

#22 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 10:45 AM

I don't like that. Cover can be nice but not in replacement of new songs. It's ok when it's the 3rd A side or a B side. Release of new song are so scarce that I feel it's a big waste for fans.

#23 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 661 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 03:17 PM

So it seems that according to the main site, DOWN TOWN is now the leading A-side over Ganbare nai yo.

Thanks for this! Apparently the contents were also switched:

• RE A will get a Ganbarenai Yo DOWN TOWN Trading Card (a random card of a member or a group shot)
  • RE B will get a DOWN TOWN Ganbarenai Yo Trading CArd (a random card of a member or a group shot)
  • LE A will get Ganbarenai Yo DOWN TOWN MV + Making
  • LE B will get DOWN TOWN Ganbarenai Yo MV + Making

Contents for the LE SP versions remain the same.

Just a quick note for those who ordered already!

Untitled-1.jpg

#24 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:07 PM

DOWN TOWN from their Premium Seat:

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#25 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 09:35 PM

Not a huge fan of the song, but it was nice to see Riai and Yume getting a small push. They got 3 solo lines each plus some duo lines here and here. And since the short version will be the one they will perform to promote the song on TV, they will get their chance to shine.

So we have Ruru/Akari/Tomoko for one side and Riai/Yume/Sayuki for the other side with a bit of Rei and Manaka here and here. Not bad.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#26 Kumi-chan

Kumi-chan

Aiolia's wife

• Senpai
  • 1236 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:18 PM

I'm so happy to see Yume and Riai shine more. I don't really like the song but I'm excited to see the MV. 

~Peacefuldays

K-A-T-T-U-N, K-A-T-T-U-N

Yes, we wish mata ashita mo yasashii hi ga noboru you ni~

#27 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:59 PM

I don't like the song that much too. Well looks like i have to wait another 6 months (or more) since the next single.
‿︵‿︵‿︵‿ヽ(°□° )ノ︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

#28 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 11:53 PM

TBH, i don't even remember the last JJ since i bought XD Jidadance? I usually like one or none of the songs so i just don't buy them cause i'd rather put my money on a single where i like more than one song.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#29 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 02:32 AM

Hah, finally my wish was granted. Many thanks to the current decision from the manager to let Tako and Waffle shine in DOWN TOWN. The song is nice from the first listening, but it will get boring soon. Luckily, we have Reirei's beatbox.

#30 Ducky Mioda

Ducky Mioda

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 05:17 AM

I don't really like the song but I'm excited to see the MV. 

Me too... Plus, I hope that the DOWN TOWN MV's got a 70s disco vibe!

#31 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 06:31 AM

i like the song but i feel like it's rather forgettable :(

anyways, at least we got some riai justice!

#32 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:19 AM

In the minority(?) I see, but I'm really enjoying it. I like the original a lot too, so I expected I would like this version at least a little (thankfully I like it more than a little).

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#33 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1859 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:53 AM

Finally a song preview <3 Ahhh my heart skipped when Riai and yum sang the first lines :blush:  :sob:  So happy they get nice treatment of management  :good:

The song itself is sooth and calming. I like the refrain ^-^

Guess the single is stable but nothing spectacular. 

(I still have my fingers cross for B-Sides... :ph34r: like the did with Pop Music... Justice for Platonic!!!! :( )

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#34 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 02:47 AM

Happy to see the choreographer didn’t disappoint for that dance break, but the rest of the dance had so much potential and it all got wasted! The song is rather boring as far as city pop goes... a cute dance would have helped the performances be more visually appealing to make up for the flat tone the song has. Now it’s just kinda boring to listen to AND watch.

#35 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 05:25 PM

First reaction, its a slow , boring song 

#36 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 06:01 PM

Downtown is a solid song, also it will be a great song during live performance. 80s ambiance, solo part, dance section, and ReiRei's beatbox too. In contrast, the other song (ganbarei yo) is a powerful ballad song, and also fits properly in JuJu style. But i think the live version of this 2-song will be more into "adult audience", not like typical energetic or cheerful idol song.

*Actually i'm surprised how great Kobushi (5-nin) members were, but somehow they got a little spotlight somehow.

momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#37 Nisaponchu16

Nisaponchu16

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 09:14 PM

Just going to quickly say that I love Down Town. It might be boring for live performances, but the song itself is so chill and soothing. Typical Japanese city pop(?) I think I'm going to listen to it all the time when it's finally released.

#38 RobianMoon

RobianMoon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 219 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 09:45 PM

I listened to it in front of my family, and they started to sing hahaha, it's a boring song to be an idol song, but it's easy to listen so I hope this become a bridge or a popular song to non wotas, just like my family.

#39 Pyo-Kiyo

Pyo-Kiyo

Kobushi Factory Fan

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 01:24 PM

http://www.helloproj...com/news/12831/
Translation from JPLOP:

Juice=Juice WithLIVE Online Individual Talk Session - Notice of Event Cancellation on 2/14 (Sun.)

Thank you very much for your warm support to Juice=Juice.

With the ending of Takagi Sayuki's activities with Juice=Juice announced earlier, we are considering postponing the release of the 14th single "DOWN TOWN / Ganbare nai yo", which is scheduled to be released on March 24.

For this reason, the online individual talk sessions scheduled for February 14 (Sun.) have been cancelled for all members.

We sincerely apologize to the customers who were looking forward to the event.

Events after 2/14 (Sun.) will be announced on the official website as soon as possible.

Information about refunds
Refunds will be issued for all customers who have purchased the applicable products for the event on Sunday, February 14.

Personaly, I hope they decide to still keep Sayuki in it...

<3 Kobushi "MAGNOLIA" Factory  :respect:

#40 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 04:03 PM

^ damn, this incident impacted heavily on their upcoming single. I don't think management will let Sayuki involved in the new single. It's like a Romance no Tochuu thing, they had to modify the line distribution, mv, jacket shot with the 5-nin version (minus Otsuka Aina)

I guess they have to re-arrange the line distribution, mv shot, jacket shot etc. And the plan will take more time to finish. Maybe we will see a new single cover soon.
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users