• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:37 PM

NNNNNOOOOO THEY WERE SO GOOD ITS LIKE THE GOOD/BEST/CUTE GROUPS DISBAND OR DIE!

#22 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:39 PM

hopefully meruchu inherits a bit of the cat theme? ofc i just started following them so this is probably way off mark but i'd be fine with it

#23 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:52 PM

But STILL WHY!!!!!

#24 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:56 PM

probably pandemic expenses and everything, it really sucks but that's how it is now >_< at least reika's going on to be a soloist though, and himena and miyu have meruchu activities

unrelated, but i found a download for a supposed meruchu single called "merumerumeruchu", but i can't find anything about it online. does anyone know if it's actually by them or from another group or something?

edit: oh nvm i got it, apparently the two songs on this (merumerumeruchu and ponkotsu onmitsu saizensen) are actually b-sides to their first single "shirokuma night". weird that this download only has the b-sides but idk maybe they were demos or sth lol

#25 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:06 PM

It's from their 2017 EP Shirokuma Night, back with what I believe was the second iteration of the group? Hinata and Sakurako were in it at that point, with Yua.

https://diannaprojec...ews/meruchu/301
DDOhydd.gif

#26 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:13 PM

yeah, wonder why this download didn't have the title track :/ like i said it could be demos or some sort of old version (not live recordings tho, they're studio tracks from listening). that or the uploader didn't have the title track? lol but these songs r really fun, ponkotsu onmitsu saizensen is adorable and kinda has a denpa vibe to it.

also kinda related, i found this really old performance of shirokuma night and sakurako is so cute!!!! shes so tiny aww. also i just realized one of the past members here is yua and she's a 2001 liner so she was like 16 or 17 here, lol it's so funny that she was performing next to literal small children (sakurako + hinata)

#27 mooniix

mooniix

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:01 PM

Ahh i’m so glad that you guys are getting into them. And Lurkette seems pretty knowledgeable on them too, that’s so cool!
I don’t know too much about older Meruchu, only basic things. Like i’ve only heard of Rabbit Hutch’s ponkotsu onmitsu saizensen but two of the members were in Meruchu so I suppose it’s the same melody.
And yeah Sakurako and Hinata have been in Dianna Forever sshgafsc. Perhaps it’s why those two are so talented now.

でもね、教えて、

夢の先は何があるの

NlFX7vb.jpg

#28 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:00 PM

I've known a few people who were into Dianna Project, so I'm familiar. I also just make it a point to know a little bit about everything idol, if I can.

Meruchu was originally a subunit for Yua and Momose of Predianna and they entered the 2016 Idol Matsuri together, but Momose started having health issues and was on hiatus by the time 2017 came around. Yua was still active and had had some success so they tried to keep the unit active by adding Hinata and Sakurako, who were already fairly popular junior idols as DP trainees, but then they decided to give Hinata and Sakurako and Rion their own unit a few months later, which would turn into Rabbit Hutch. Predianna announced they were disbanding halfway through 2018 and Yua left completely, but I guess they felt the Meruchu brand had some value (or maybe they just liked the name) so they rebooted it as a standalone group. And then they gave the former subunit a subunit in Meow and now here we are.

The baby unit is now Hamu!Star, which is a little peculiar because DP still has a trainee corps and all the trainees are older than the Hamus. I don't know, they're a small agency, they tend to just keep trying things until something sticks.
DDOhydd.gif

#29 mooniix

mooniix

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:42 PM

wow I appreciate the information on the history of meruchu! I had no idea that they were originally just a subunit of predianna, but thank goodness they decided to stick with it.

yeah hamu!star is also peculiar because they are still technically trainees, but have their own group and they just put all the really young additions in there. so i guess the older non-ham!star trainees are closer to actual debut? I wonder if there will be any plans for hamu!star when the girls are older. in any case, hopefully they learn a lot like Sakurako and Hinata apparently did from that age. 

でもね、教えて、

夢の先は何があるの

NlFX7vb.jpg

#30 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:04 PM

wow I appreciate the information on the history of meruchu! I had no idea that they were originally just a subunit of predianna, but thank goodness they decided to stick with it.

There should be a Predianna thread burried somewhere in the forum which should have some older content / info on early Meruchu too.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#31 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:08 PM

^ Found it.

http://www.hello-onl...4965-predianna/

And Dianna Sweet, for the sake of completion:

http://www.hello-onl...9-dianna☆sweet/

DDOhydd.gif

#32 mooniix

mooniix

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:52 PM

amazing!! thanks guys i will read these for sure.

でもね、教えて、

夢の先は何があるの

NlFX7vb.jpg

#33 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:27 AM

Wow i love love love the Dianna Project

#34 mooniix

mooniix

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 07:20 AM

Dianna Project is live streaming a concert tomorrow. 20 bucks for each part and I bought both. ^^;  I wanted to conserve money cause Miyu could have a birthday concert stream at the end of march, they've been streaming those as well. But I couldn't resist in case something interesting happens in this concert. Its the first one for all of Dianna Project like this and I cant imagine them doing this too often. 

でもね、教えて、

夢の先は何があるの

NlFX7vb.jpg

#35 mooniix

mooniix

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 11:46 PM

Meruchu is releasing a remake of an old song. Here is the new music video:

Also there will be a music card for this with back stage footage and a personal message signed cheki.

There are 3 more dianna project concert broadcasts at the end of march.

Another specific broadcast (concert I think?) for the day of Miyu's birthday. 

I wish it was a new song because I have listened the death out of Atsu Atsu Pancake already. But still international fans are kinda eating.

でもね、教えて、

夢の先は何があるの

NlFX7vb.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users