• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#21 ★pandapple★

★pandapple★

H!P Lifer

• Senpai
  • 1536 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 02:50 AM

Nice! That message is really well written.
Looking forward to seeing more of her!

#22 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:57 AM

I've seen a lot of people say they want her to join Tsubaki now that there's an audition, and I didn't really get it at first. But the more I see of her, the more I think I understand where they're coming from. :lol:

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#23 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 01:02 PM

Ichika's back at it again with the near perfect English messages, even stretching her words for emphasis. It feels really natural, I'm impressed.

https://twitter.com/...975141053042691

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#24 ★pandapple★

★pandapple★

H!P Lifer

• Senpai
  • 1536 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 12:24 PM

She could be the next Miki, in terms of communicating with the overseas fans. Keep it up Ichika! I hope we get to see more footage of her.

#25 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 01:31 PM

Ichika is the KSS I am rooting for, I hope she'll get good results at the upcoming Shindan Test.

She continues posting her updates in both English and Japanese:

jSyNuuW.jpeg

https://twitter.com/...8805338116?s=20

Also, maybe it's just me but she reminds me a bit of aespa's Giselle (I could be just projecting because both are fluent in English lol).

Regardless, I hope Ichika will debut before the year is over, whether it's in the upcoming group, JJ or Tsubaki, or elsewhere. 

I8dtEOy.gif

#26 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 09:48 AM

Her talking about Tsubaki so much & admiring Mao has quickly moved me over to Team Ichika for new Tsubaki members. :lol:

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#27 Lotty

Lotty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 431 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 10:57 AM

I think she'd fit in there wonderfully, too. She has that sweet, kinda mature and very feminine vibe that Tsubaki has. ^^

#28 CrayZ

CrayZ

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:23 AM

You can catch her speaking English here.  She's nearly fluent

#29 Lotty

Lotty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 431 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:35 AM

Somehow to me, she sounds similar to Nonaka Miki when it comes to how she pronouces words as well as her rythm of speaking in English. But wow she is very good indeed! 
They should make up a Hello Project group where girls can speak all kinds of foreign languages, that would be fun. :D

#30 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 05:33 PM

^ They both have a Japanese accent, as they are native Japanese speakers and learned American English pronunciations as a second language, non-native. This is what a Japanese accent in English sounds like once a Japanese speaker hits this certain level of proficiency in English.
DDOhydd.gif

#31 Lotty

Lotty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 431 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 11:58 PM

Ah thank you. I didnt know this - since I'm not a native english speaker aswell it's hard to recognize accents at certain levels but it's an interesting fact! For me Mikis accent always sounded american-ish but also a bit like she didn't really used it for a longer time.

#32 ★pandapple★

★pandapple★

H!P Lifer

• Senpai
  • 1536 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 02:24 AM

That video was so entertaining! She seems like a weirdo, in the best way- like commenting about Kirara's aura (apparently she can tell when Kirara's passed through a space like a hallway before her), and asking Nanami why she has such kind eyes.

Also, it's nice to have another fluent English speaker in HaroPuro. I want to know more about her background! Was she raised in an English-speaking environment, or does she just have a knack for languages?

With this, her recital performance, and the English messages, she's really caught my attention!

... Also does her smile remind anyone else reminded of Mitsui Aika? I became a fan just before Mitsui joined, so it makes me a bit nostalgic!

#33 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 06:49 AM

I'm definitely curious to know if Ichika's ever lived abroad, or has foreign relatives, something like that - or if she's totally learned through study. She seems to have a good grasp on things I wouldn't have expected (like the extending words for emphasis thing).

For me Mikis accent always sounded american-ish but also a bit like she didn't really used it for a longer time.

I think the same & chalk it up to her being more immersed in everything during some important learning years as a kid. The unused thing makes sense too, if after moving back to JP she didn't have much reason to speak English regularly outside of school/study before MM.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#34 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 04:06 PM

Don't wanna jinx it but I really hope Ichika will get to join any of the three groups next week. I think she would be a great fit for Tsubaki or the new group, but I can see her in JJ as well. Fingers crossed!

I8dtEOy.gif

#35 Hollerama

Hollerama

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 06:06 PM

^ I really feel like she’s going to be added to a group soon! I think UF wants to take advantage of her English skills. She’s already hosting YouTube videos, which would normally be very rare for such a new kenshuusei.

#36 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 07:03 AM

I predict that both Arisawa Ichika and Ishiyama Sakura (newest KSS) will debut in any of the new groups

... Also does her smile remind anyone else reminded of Mitsui Aika? I became a fan just before Mitsui joined, so it makes me a bit nostalgic!

No, I think when she smiles, she resembles Takase Kurumi more.

#37 NirvanaRama

NirvanaRama

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 537 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 07:28 AM

For me, I get major Shimakura Rika vibes when she smiles.

And after seeing her interview her KSS gen make Ishiyama Sakura (https://youtu.be/tNxFcSwSL38?t=815), it would be a crime to not debut them together.

#38 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 05 July 2021 - 05:38 PM

Quite bummed that she wasn't chosen for the new group  :(

I think Tsubaki is her best chance, so I'm hopeful there'll be good news on Wednesday.

I8dtEOy.gif

#39 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 05 July 2021 - 05:40 PM

I think they will add her to J=J since J=J has focused on the international fandom in the past, so I'm really hoping that's where she goes. Fingers crossed for good news Wednesday as well.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#40 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 05 July 2021 - 11:34 PM

I see her more in Tsubaki than J=J. 

Cause i'm sure she wiil debut. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users