• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 12:17 PM

I actually had to look up "debut stage" to make sure that it didn't have some special meaning like "incredibly elaborate and expensive dance-shot MV for a group's first single."  XD

lmaoooo that's basically how they are nowadays, especially with corona making them no-audience it's basically just a glorified dance shot with semi-live vocals lol. speaking of which, here's their next stage! i love the outfits, and winter stole the show yet again :00 she's so good already it's wild

#22 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 01:38 PM

Beat me to it - I was just going to post that clip! XD

The camera missed the first drop, but caught it the scond time!   That move may send some YT dancers to the emergency ward - it looks like it would far too easy to pull something (or just plain snap a tendon) if you're not careful.  :ph34r:

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#23 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 01:41 PM

my knees hurt just looking at it LMAO. hopefully the girls don't hurt themselves too much from performing it all the time, but also they're trained kpop idols so maybe they're used to this lol. but also it seems to be the most strenuous move in the choreography so the rest isn't too bad at least

#24 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:08 PM

It's such a good move - and everything in the song, the MV, and the live performances is synchronized so beautifully - I feel like the song is taking over a chunk of my brain (not that I mind)!

#25 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 06:38 PM

It's such a good move - and everything in the song, the MV, and the live performances is synchronized so beautifully - I feel like the song is taking over a chunk of my brain (not that I mind)!

considering how good they already are, i'm really excited to see how they'll improve in the future. especially with their stage presence and talking/variety skills, since they still seem kinda stiff there, but they're already so good in the other aspects of idoling lol

#26 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:04 PM

Jumping into the spotlight like that has to be a huge leap, even with all the preparation that they've probably had, but I think they'll relax once they get used to it.

At this point, at least they're relaxing while they get their makeup done.  XD

#27 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:17 PM

aww that video is so cute!! karina and winter laughing is so wholesome fhsgkjdf. and yeah, as much preparation and training as they've had nothing could really prepare them for the public scrutiny they'd get after debut or the presence they'd need to perform on stage in front of a bunch of people (which isn't happening now because corona, but yknow what i mean lol). but as perfect as kpop idols are at debut i'm still excited to see their growth in the next few years in performance skills and talking and everything <33

#28 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:44 PM

I love everything about Black Mamba except the dance. The dance is so awkward at times. But overall I'm expecting them to be some of the top performing rookies in 2021. 

Also it's official. Winter is my bias. She's giving me Seulgi vibes and I'm living for it. 

#29 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:05 PM

i like only a few moves in the dance tbh, i think it's kinda boring but that's how i feel about most kpop dances these days. and i'm pretty since ningning is my bias, shes so cute! i'm gonna try and not get too attached though considering the history of chinese idols from sm lol

ahh i hope they have a comeback early next year, i really wanna see more of them already cuz black mamba isn't enough rip. hopefully when they come back it's a mini album or at least a single with a b-side or two so there's more material. i wonder how they're gonna develop this lore thing they're doing, part of me feels like it's inspired by loona (considering sm ceo invested in them lol) so i wonder if they'll make it super elaborate or if it'll just be a small mv thing

#30 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:11 PM

aespa had a vote on twitter for what outfits they should wear in a special dance practice of black mamba, which was between suits and techwear, and the latter won so here's the dance practice! the outfits are kinda underwhelming tbh but they still look awesome in them, i think winter has my fav outfit out of them all

#31 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 04:23 PM

aespa won rookie of the year at the gaon chart music awards! here's a translation of their acceptance speech by aespresso_SM on twitter (link under):

bZ1YwBy.png?1

twitter link

i think they won another roty award at another show but idk what lol

#32 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 11:05 AM

aespa got their first music show win for black mamba at inkigayo!!! i'm so happy for them, especially since inkigayo is really difficult to win AND this is their debut. for context, the last sm group to get a music show win at debut was snsd which is awesome!!

#33 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:20 PM

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#34 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:01 AM

it's also surprising how they achieved it so long after the promotions ended lol

#35 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 05:02 PM

aespa is releasing a remake of the song "forever" by yoo young jin on february 5th! it's a ballad so i'm really excited to hear their vocals on this. pretty surprising this is their second single since i expected them to just have another normal comeback but it's still cool. i wonder if it'll have an mv?

here's the cover art, it's so pretty! reminds me of the initial member reveal teasers
uwWKVHY.png?1

i actually saw some leaks about this a few days ago and wasn't sure if i should post about it but i'm happy to see it actually be a thing lol

#36 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:49 PM

Nice 

#37 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 09:44 PM

mv teaser for forever! weird that they're doing a christmas song in february but eh it's aespa i'll take it lol

#38 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 08:54 AM

I'm really surprised they haven't gotten a physical release and I'm really confused on why they're releasing a Christmas themed song... in February.

#39 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 03:11 PM

I'm a little confused by the Girl Scout uniform.

OK - it probably isn't one, but still...

#40 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 03:58 PM

could've been pushed back somehow? though i can't remember any possible reason as to why it was pushed back, there wasn't any scandal with the members afaik and irene's scandal didn't stop them from debuting. in any case though i'm still gonna love it probably, though it's a ballad so idk how much replay value it'll have for me lol. hoping for a full comeback sometime this month!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users