56 replies to this topic

#1 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 07:14 PM

FB_IMG_1605197695334-900x600.jpg

aespa (also stylized as æspa) is SM Entertainment's newest girl group. They debuted on November 17, 2020 with the song Black Mamba.

The name aespa means Avatar x Experience. From SM's Twitter the group is described as 'Experiencing a new world via the encounter of the ‘avatar’, your other self’. They also imply that aespa will achieve this theme by various innovative activities.

For the sake of keeping this post short, there won't be individual profiles for the ae-members. Yes. There are virtual members. No, we're not sure what role they'll play in the group.

MEMBERS

Spoiler

Discography
Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tbh, I'm loving the concept I'm seeing. I'm really excited to see aespa in action. : )

#2 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 08:41 PM

ahh i was debating if i should make a thread or not LOL. i'm really excited for aespa!!!! winter is really pretty and reminds me of taeyeon visually, and i'm happy jimin (karina) got in!!!! their concept looks really interesting too, it feels like iz*one's elegant and flowery concept except more fantastical and fairy/mermaid like. i was hoping for something kinda like nct's concept except more girl crush (does that make sense? lol), but this is really unique so i love it a lot more. i'm super hyped to hear their debut song too!! aaaaaaaaa i can't wait

#3 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 01:26 AM

i'm so excited for the group?? this concept is basically my entire style so i really hope the song is good! 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#4 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 02:48 AM

Winter is really pretty. I can't wait to see who else will be in the group, nor can I wait for their debut!

Also, so far it seems like both girls are solid vocalists / dancers so I have a feeling they'll also be one of those all-rounder groups. 

EDIT: Lol apparently Mike Daley (who has worked on EXO‘s “Bad Dream”, NCT 127‘s “Regular”, NCT U‘s “Boss”, SHINee’s “1 of 1”, and Baekhyun‘s “Candy”) tweeted  a reaction to the teaser video. I got a suspicion that he's most likely involved in their debut release.

#5 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 08:47 PM

Winter is really pretty. I can't wait to see who else will be in the group, nor can I wait for their debut!

Also, so far it seems like both girls are solid vocalists / dancers so I have a feeling they'll also be one of those all-rounder groups.

EDIT: Lol apparently Mike Daley (who has worked on EXO‘s “Bad Dream”, NCT 127‘s “Regular”, NCT U‘s “Boss”, SHINee’s “1 of 1”, and Baekhyun‘s “Candy”) tweeted a reaction to the teaser video. I got a suspicion that he's most likely involved in their debut release.

You would be right :). This was leaked a few months ago, way before we had a name or a definite lineup. It seems as though their original song with Daley was sold to P1H (maybe because of a last minute concept change), but him still tweeting about them hints that maybe he's worked on other songs for their debut.
https://twitter.com/...4588142592?s=21

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#6 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 09:43 PM

The 3rd member has been confirmed to be NingNing. Her name might be familiar to some, as she was the last female SM Rookie to remain under the company. She's definitely going to be the main vocalist.

#7 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 01:50 AM

^^oh wow i completely forgot about that leak! tbh i'm glad they switched concepts, girl crush is alright but sm is known to start trends and it would've been kinda disappointing if they just continued a trend instead with the ngg lol.

but anyway, ningning!! she's really pretty and a good singer, i'm happy she got to debut even though she was the only one of the smrookies to make it

#8 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 01:34 AM

4th member was revealed to be Aeri, now going by the stage name Giselle. She's trilingual. 

Idk if there's gonna be more than four members. Apparently virtual members are a thing. Idk. Watch the video and be confused with me. : D

#9 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 01:47 AM

ahh i like her real name better than her stage name, but i guess they changed it to avoid confusion with the group name. giselle is really pretty tho! not looking forward to the virtual members thing since i think it's weird but honestly i feel like itll just be a promo thing they use for the first year or two then drop lol. or maybe it's just a merch thing idk

#10 RobianMoon

RobianMoon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 04:13 AM

This debut plus blackswan are dragging me back to kpop, Karina seems to be my bias right nos.

ahh i like her real name better than her stage name, but i guess they changed it to avoid confusion with the group name. giselle is really pretty tho! not looking forward to the virtual members thing since i think it's weird but honestly i feel like itll just be a promo thing they use for the first year or two then drop lol. or maybe it's just a merch thing idk

I have that feeling too, maybe they could use their avatars to promote on online games.

#11 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 12:05 PM

Debut single is Black Mamba, and according to an article, Ning Ning and Winter got the most lines, so I think it's safe to say they're our main vocalist and lead vocalist respectively, with Karina being the main dancer and Giselle the main rapper.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#12 RobianMoon

RobianMoon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 12:25 AM

I read that the group will have three vocalist, Ning ning and Winter and a virtual one, I'm very curious about that,it is true? It will be like a Vocaloid? I'm so confused and hyped for this debut.

#13 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 12:49 AM

i think it's just the 4 girls, and the virtual idols will just be for promo? that's how they seem to be setting it up at least

#14 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:54 PM

I fell behind a bit on the updates. They've released individual teasers for their debut digital single: Black Mamba

Photos
Spoiler

Videos

#15 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 10:49 AM

the mv is out!!!! i love it so much *_* karina is such a powerful center!!! and giselle stood out a bunch too, i love her bright blonde hair lol it's so cute. i didn't see much of winter and ningning sadly but i like their short parts!! the song is a banger too, wish it was kinda longer but streaming yknow :/ and the mv is incredible but that was guaranteed, i love the whole pink fantasy tech aesthetic, it gives me barbie movie vibes and that sounds like a diss but trust me i mean it in the nicest way possible lol

#16 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 10:56 AM

I'm in love!! Karina definitely stole the show with those close ups, but i love ningning's voice! The entire MV was my aesthetic so this was just really really good for me. The song was really boppy too! 

BoA's cameo at the end.... Interesting!  Looks like SM Cinematic Universe lol 

@Halos quick cheat tip for threads, if you take the profile and group pic from the main website, you wont need to update them, the websites usually use the same jpeg title so it should update automatically lol (i do this with a few threads) 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#17 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 10:58 AM

I'm in love!! Karina definitely stole the show with those close ups, but i love ningning's voice! The entire MV was my aesthetic so this was just really really good for me. The song was really boppy too! 

BoA's cameo at the end.... Interesting!  Looks like SM Cinematic Universe lol 

wait that was boa???? OMGGGG i can't wait to see what happens next!!!! and the mv is such a vibe, everything about this is my thing i'm just so excited for aespa's future. i think i might actually stan i love this sm!!!!

#18 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:31 PM

Hot dang, that's good!!!!!!!

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#19 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 01:18 AM

here's aespa's debut stage!!! i love their outfits in the beginning, it kinda sucked they didn't perform in them but there's no way giselle could've danced in those shoes lmao. i think they're really good!! winter and giselle stood out a lot, i love their stage presence. karina dominated as the center too, and ningning's vocals were so strong. they have so much potential <3

also some predebut stuff about giselle came out! here's some cute pics of her, she looks really pretty :0
Spoiler

and this is kinda funny, but apparently when she was a kid she posted videos of her playing with littlest pet shop toys LMAO. honestly i did the same thing around that time too (except i was way younger) so i think it's really cute. here's the tweet i found it from, and idk if it'll stay up but here's the original youtube video too:
Spoiler

of course it isn't confirmed but it does sound a lot like her so i'm inclined to believe it lol

#20 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 11:55 AM

I actually had to look up "debut stage" to make sure that it didn't have some special meaning like "incredibly elaborate and expensive dance-shot MV for a group's first single."  XD

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users