• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:43 PM

In J-pop Girl Groups are really a thing there are some good groups some bad groups and some that last one year this thread is about three of the saddest things in J-pop Girl Groups which is Graduations :sob:  Disbandments :cold:  and Withdrawls or Withdrews :sob:

Btw(Hello Project,and other groups members and other labels groups) also this includes Scandels

#2 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:19 PM

Oh, that's an interesting topic. I'll try to go through the years to decide...

2020:

Kobushi Factory. I totally thought they'd pull a Juice=Juice, do an upbeat song and add new members. In the end I absolutely respect their decision to end the group, though. All of them had dreams about their future and they didn't fit into Kobushi anymore.

Funaki Musubu. She's still here, but this graduation will destroy me. I've watched her since the Kenshuusei and she was so great from the beginning on... her character, her singing, everything.

2019:

Yanagawa Nanami. I like her so much, and she is still so young. I do hope that she is happy with her life, of course. But I wish we could have seen more of her...

Country Girls. I was mad about this. I understand that the girls want to move on, but I was really angry with how this group has been handled for the last two years.

2018:

Kobushigeddon as a whole should be mentioned her. Especially Natsumi's withdrawal.

Aikawa Maho. I'm so glad that she's a model now. I loved that girl, she was the perfect idol for me.

2015:
Sayashi Riho. The biggest shock was how sudden it was. We all had high hopes for her, but probably put way too much pressure on the girl. In the end I still feel sad about how it ended.

2010:

EriJunLin grad. The fact that none of them were done yet. Eri was forced to graduate due to her illness, and the pandas always seemed so... incomplete. I would have loved to see them with 9th gen.

2009:

Elder Club grad. It was absolutely time for them to go, but it definitely felt like the end of an era. It certainly divided Hello! Project into two parts for me: The idols that I adored as a child were gone, and the idols that I followed as an adult were still there. It was a weird time for me, because I was not actively following H!P back then (I was gone for pretty much all of Platinum Era lol). It still made me sad.

2007 - this was the year that made me rage-quit H!P lol (in my defense, I was an edgy teenager):

Yoshizawa Hitomi: My favourite idol for a long time, I guess you could call her my oshi. An end of an era for me, because the last Golden Era member left. And then...

Fujimoto Miki: The last member that I actually liked at that time lol. I didn't see any reason to follow Morning Musume after she quit. I did like Gaki, but she was not enough for me to enjoy the group.

2004:

Tsuji Nozomi and Kago Ai: I think I'm gonna let this performance speak for me...:

Just listening to 4th gen breaking out into tears ends me.

- - -

This is a very personal list, though :)

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#3 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:28 PM

Aika's graduation is the saddest that there is and I will not hear arguments to the contrary.

Forced out by health problems? Trying her best to still be part of the group despite not being able to move? Hated her entire career, from the second she joined, only because she wasn't the one fans wanted from her audition? Hated because she "stole the spotlight" from Risa even though it meant that Aika was actually the one not really getting a full graduation ceremony? Her final song being about the people who don't see her charm?

Devastatingly sad.
DDOhydd.gif

#4 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 02:44 AM

everything about kobushi :'(

Also Fairies disbanding with no last concert, single, or any warning. But I kind of found it fitting that they disbanded like a kpop group would since they were definitely trying to be a kpop group in their early days

MizukiRina

Twitter

#5 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:18 AM

Ogata Haruna. Because she was so underutilized despite having a relatively long tenure. There are other criminally underutilised members (Aika, Junjun, Linlin, Haruna I.) but all of the other at least seemed to get the bare minimum. Linlin and Aika both got solos on albums, which is not nothing. And the other Haruna got a graduation song. Ogata grad seemed so rushed (to make things worse I found the single to be the groups worst in a long time, they could have really benefitted from have a B-side for Haruna - just to give them one more chance at writing a good song lol)

This was kind of stream of consciousness and rambly, so please let me off th hook if it doesn't make sense. Thinking about this grad made me real grumpy. 

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#6 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 05:57 PM

Who elses thought Country Musume/Girls history was sad 

#7 hpnewb

hpnewb

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:47 AM

^ Definitely. Country Girls was going to be my replacement for C-ute, so much for that. As for Country Musume, well starting off with the death of a member has to be the worst in HP history.

Melon Kinenbi naming their last album Melons Not Dead, oh how cruel.

Conspiracy Theorist

Snake Oil Salesman

“ Like always, these lyrics don’t have a deep meaning. " -Mai Hagiwara trans-Nouciel

#8 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:13 PM

I think any graduation that happened prematurely is sad tbh. My top three would be Riho, Aika, and Maho.

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#9 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:50 PM

I would say Natsumi Abe's was the saddest because EVERY SINGLE MEMBER broke down crying when it was time for them to face her to give her a send-off message. I could watch her graduation ceremony countless times and I will STILL shed a tear.  

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#10 mie-chan

mie-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 12:16 PM

Murotan graduating to an empty room during covid. The look on her face of dissatisfaction, sadness. Graduation in an empty, unpainted concrete room. 

It was terrible to see live.

#11 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 01:09 PM

excluding the grads of back girls who had their potential wasted (mostly back girls like zukki, junlin, oharu, etc) since those weren't really sad and more just disappointing, i think some of the saddest were aika, murotan, riho, kobushi as a whole, and eri (and probably more but i can't remember). aika especially, like seriously she was so cute and a great idol and yet was so undeservedly hated by the fandom. and then in her prime as an idol, right when she was coming into her own, she had to graduate because of an injury. god i always think about what an aika led momusu (and h!p) would've been like, she had a ton of potential and it was shattered because of an injury she had no control over. </3

#12 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 05:15 PM

I don't know why you all feel sad about Riho's graduation. She chose that path on her own. No one forced her out.

I think it's one of the best moves in MM's history. Had she continued, she is just going to point-blank chalk up a bulk of the solo lines and the other girls are going to get scraps (not like things improve much, but then one less main girl to "hog" the spotlight). Plus she is exhausted and you can tell she at times was not having it.

I agree on Aika. That girl got to have the worst luck as a MM member. Wasn't well-liked and then plagued with health issues and graduated at a such short notice.

I think girls like Haachin, Zukki & Harunan (while it's sad to have them graduate without having to get utilized much as a MM member), but I feel the graduations are warranted. You see how they flourished on their own.

Personally, it was a wrong move to add the Pandas. Never liked them and basically added nothing to the group (granted they are there just to be backdrops). So I am glad their stay was cut short.

And Country Girls, that group/brand name is cursed. I will never forget how angry I felt when I knew about the concurrency and the semi-active status. That shitty stunt that the agency pulled is beyond me.

#13 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 08:00 PM

The worst part for me about Country Girls is how I was starting to hope they were planning a comeback. The fact that One Summer Night was the first release of theirs in a while to get a music video made me hope they were planning to make them a proper group again. Then it turned out to be the last hurrah before they announced disbandment. 

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#14 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 08:38 PM

When all the SUPER GiRLS 3rd Gen(minus Yumeri and Shiori) left because of Health Issues it just felt like Idol Street pulled a very shitty stunt then all 1st and 2nd Gen Members left i was so pissed and in fact i was crying.

Then Idol Street really JUMPED THE SHARK WHEN THEY DISBANDED GEM AND CHEEKY PARADE

#15 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:53 PM

Murotan graduating to an empty room during covid. The look on her face of dissatisfaction, sadness. Graduation in an empty, unpainted concrete room. 

It was terrible to see live.

Yeah, that was terrible and ridiculous, but Kobushi shit was worst.  :(

#16 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 06:04 AM

^Yeah Kobushi was the worst. They still had so much potential at the end there and finally found their niche doing acapella. But they just had to disband in an empty venue  :sob:

#17 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 03:48 PM

When did the Mari leave because of Scandel

#18 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 01:44 AM

what's saddest Disbandments

#19 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 01:47 AM

it's recent but kobushi's disbandment hit me hard, i cried twice while watching their final live :(

#20 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 03:05 AM

S/mileage didn't disband, but seeing how the members reacted to the rebranding really sucked. It was management basically saying, "You're not good enough," and it was upsetting as a big S/mileage fan.
DDOhydd.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users