• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 03:42 AM

what are some of the weirdest or most experimental h!p songs you've heard? tbh i haven't heard a lot from before like 2008 so idk if there's anything there but seishun kozo ga naiteiru is an absolute mess of a song and i love it. like it starts with cheering, then the verses are quite literally chopped up, and then it interpolates the iroha poem??? like idk what tsunku or the producers were thinking but they made a masterpiece lmao. it's the type of song itzy would do if itzy was more angsty and had 100% more dubstep. kokoro&karada is also pretty weird structure wise

also not really experimental song-wise but wakaindashi and sexy sexy seem kinda experimental for h!p in general. like i haven't really heard tropical house or deep house done in other h!p songs except for those (and maybe except for tsubaki factory's ima nanji for tropical house but also not really) so i think they're really cool

#2 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1249 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 07:12 AM

Agree with Seishun Kozo Ga Naiteiru and KOKORO&KARADA. And maybe not much weird, but dark, especially for Sayumi, but I'd add It's You. Such a great song, and I am happy she got to sing it, but who decided that?? lol

MRkgm6i.png

#3 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 07:41 AM

From C-ute “Edo no Temari no Uta II” is like a pop take on a traditional folk song which is kind of odd. “I miss you” has a pretty unusual structure too, and I love it.

“Souda We Are Alive” is pretty wacky too, but that’s well known. 

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#4 Nouciel

Nouciel

Graduated member

• Headquarters
  • 8069 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 08:42 AM

Minimoni had a few unusual songs on their second album alone, the first that comes to mind is Wassup Enryo ga Theme. Even Jankenpyon was unusual.

Other classics are W's Aa ii na and Melon Kinenbi's This is unmei (aka the goat).

C-ute's Saikoukyuu no Enjoy Girls has yodelling.

Koharu sings about wordplays in almost the entirety of Konnichi Pa (and then she sounds like she's drunk? tired?). This is only unusual for H!P, but she also does some singing-rapping in Hatten x Joy.

All time fav: ℃
Current fav: b4z + Manaka

#5 mashaki

mashaki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 01:50 PM

This gem!

~  Miki ☆ Kamiko ☆ Riai  Ami  Ichioka  Kirara  ~

MiyaChii fan forever [:

avy by: AmaSusE

#6 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1249 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 03:17 PM

I LOVE Morning Musume version of that song, with Zukki as the lead no less! ♥

MRkgm6i.png

#7 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 03:51 PM

Damn, I was just going to post 1 oku, too :lol:
Though I guess back in the day Renai Hunter and Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai were also kind of experimental.

Iida Kaori going full oversea cover was something no one else has done in H!P. Yuuko doing Enka style songs were also only matched with Maeda Yuki's Enka in general.

"Weird" or rather "surprising" are songs like Mystery Night or Chikyuu wa Kyou mo Ai wo Hagukumu for S/mileage. The former was just much more mature than anything the group had done before, and the latter was also experimental in terms of arrangement.

Going with ANGERME, Desugita Kui wa Utarenai was pretty damn rock-ish for an H!P group, too.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#8 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 04:09 PM

desugita kui wa utarenai goes so hard, like i heard it was metal but like i didn't expect it to go THAT hard yknow lmao. it's a great song tho one of my faves from anju

also i love momusu's 2014 updated album, half of it's just rerecorded colorful era songs which sucks cuz i would've loved more remixes but the remixes on there are great, especially the manpower which took the song to a whole new level tbh. i love the off key pitch shifting whatever it's called on the verses, kinda reminds me of seishun kozo. also i love that they added more dubstep to renai hunter like that just made the song way better. i wish the album went a bit harder on the edm but then again this is momusu and not an alt idol group or whatever so idk lol though ngl i would kill for a whole edm remix album again, or even club hello project trance remix 2.0 as cursed as that sounds

#9 chaosgamma

chaosgamma

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 05:39 PM

No one's mentioned country 'Morning Coffee' + rap + random farm animal sounds?

Really disappointed Country Girls never did this live, would've been fantastic.

#10 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1378 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 08:44 PM

"A Gonna" is so bad that has to be a experiment of Tsunku.  

#11 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:45 AM

"A Gonna" is so bad that has to be a experiment of Tsunku.  

i will not accept this a gonna slander that song is a BOP

a gonna is so weird to me tbh, like momusu and h!p's done hip hop before but not trap so hearing elements of it in a song is cool, but also i wish they went more into it instead of still retaining parts of edm (like that instrumental part at the end). also the song needed 100% more rapping but whatever

#12 Curlymckay

Curlymckay

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:15 AM

I think Hyokkori Hyoutanjima is a bit weird

https://www.youtube....el=BlackSuzumeV

Oshis Ogata Haruna, Kudo Yume

MM21 Homatan - ANG Shionnu - BYNDS Honorin - GRAD Sayumin, Rihoriho, Yanamin

LOONA - SNSD - aespa- Love Live!

#13 amphy

amphy

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:31 PM

The first song that I thought of is "WHY" from Morning Musume's 3rd -LOVE Paradise- album. It's recorded by each girl singing an individual syllable, and I think its the only H!P song that I find completely unlistenable lol.

#14 reinayokos

reinayokos

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:20 PM

'Help me' sounded so weird to me when i first listened to it. Also 'Are u Happy' is on my list of weird h!p songs lol. 

48G + H!P =  <3

my ultimate idol: watanabe mayu 

yokoyama reina  kobayashi honoka kitagawa rio  sato masaki

#15 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 10:30 PM

'Help me' sounded so weird to me when i first listened to it. Also 'Are u Happy' is on my list of weird h!p songs lol. 

oh wow i forgot about are you happy, that definitely has a weird structure lmao. hey unfair baby is also chaotic af

#16 triquelme483

triquelme483

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 07:07 PM

For a latino person, for me... The first time i listen Kimagure Princess was so weird

I was like ''ooooh this sounds like a intro for a 'mexican novela'' 

Even in the MV they use that outfits who made me remember mexican music 

But with the time, i started to like more and more Kimagure Princess and finally, is that one i like to hear and watch in the concerts

#17 Kumi-chan

Kumi-chan

Aiolia's wife

• Senpai
  • 1214 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 05:24 PM

Let me remind you of Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance and Dschinghis Khan (You don't know how much I love this song).

~Peacefuldays

K-A-T-T-U-N, K-A-T-T-U-N

Yes, we wish mata ashita mo yasashii hi ga noboru you ni~

#18 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1847 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:39 PM

I scrolled through my mediathek and here are my choices:

Berryz Kobo - Otakebi Boy Wao!; Diet Song ;) Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance

C-ute - Edo no Tamari Uta

Morning Musume - Shabondama; PyocoPyoco Ultra

ANGERME / S/mileage - Otome no Gyuakashuu, Desugita Kui wa Utarenai

Tsubaki Factory - Seishun Manmannaka! (during the release time I felt the song was so different to all other idol songs)

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#19 cunning

cunning

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 218 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 02:04 AM

It's not especially weird, but I always thought it was strange that Romans "Sexy Night ~Wasurerarenai kare~" B-side "Roman" ended mid-verse with a weird drumline at the end...

Also basically all Sheki-dol songs

Officially a KSS unit stan

Fan of H!P since 2006 💖

#20 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:32 AM

Yes, Sheki-Dol!  They were basically the art-house version of H!P.  XD

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.