• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 05:07 PM

i decided to make this thread and let everyone tell their stories of their first time watching a Morning Musume MV or Song if you ever sing one too

#2 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:59 PM

i'm pretty sure mine was actually kokoro&karada or lovepedia. i remember i had just gotten into h!p around this time last year and only listened to beyooooonds, buono, and c-ute since the other groups (especially momusu) had much bigger discographies and were super overwhelming lol. i didn't think i'd actually get into the others bc of that, but then the pvs for mm's new single dropped in december and i finally decided to check them out. i loved them a lot! well the hugging scenes in k&k kinda grossed me out, but otherwise i really liked them, and little by little i started downloading their discography lol

well either that or i heard an mm song a long time ago in an amv or something, but i guess i'll never know cuz i don't remember anything like that. though love machine did sound super vaguely familiar when i first listened to it so idk maybe i heard that before

#3 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 11:05 PM

The first song that really made me pay attention MM was Only You (the second single after 9th gen debuted). I got into H!P in about 2005-2006 but most of MM was much older than me by then, and I was more of a Berikyuu fan than MM fan, but then 9th gen came along. It was also the first MM song I sung but then I got into MM's back discography and found a lot of older gems that I liked singing better.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#4 RobianMoon

RobianMoon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:55 AM

Love machine of course back on 2008, but it was on 2016 when I really got into hello!project.

Kirarin revolution songs also caughted me on 2008 but the first song I sang was massara blue jeans I even learned the choreography to dance with my friends back on 2012. It's a song that always makes me happy

#5 Saburo

Saburo

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 01:47 AM

"Daite Hold On Me" performed on the 1998 NHK Kouhaku. I clearly recall not being impressed at all...

乾杯 BABY!

#6 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 02:01 AM

In 2011, I was reminiscing on Youtube about an old anime I used to watch as a kid that had a killer intro in French. Watched the japanese version which led to a japanese group (GO!GO!7188) playing a jazz-punk cover of it, which led to another cover they performed: Pepper Keibu.

From there, in the related videos, I could see the thumbnail of three japanese girls in aqua blue paillette dresses with a black starry background. I clicked on that thumbnail and never looked back. Western music in 2011 was becoming very stale to me and Tsunku's music was a breath of fresh air at that time. I have never listened to top 10 western music since that moment.

Coincidentally, 4 years later, ANGERME performed the anime intro that got me into HP: Mahou Tsukai Sally.

#7 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 08:18 AM

I first knew MM through watching Onna ni Sachi are. I knew Buono first, then C-ute and Berryz Koubou. Then I discovered MM through watching H!P concert and watched their Onna ni Sachi are performance. However, the first MM I sang was Shouganai Yume Oibito. However, I still consider Golden Era and Colorful Era more enjoyable.

#8 Shinji

Shinji

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 06:54 PM

Go girl! Koi no victory's PV, downloaded from WinMX. One look at Aibon's face and I was sold ^_^ 

Can't believe it was 16 years ago...

#9 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 08:58 PM

The first time I've heard of MM was from an article in a manga magazine, but back in the day there was no way for me to go online - it was the early 2000s and I barely understood English back then.

I'm not exactly sure when I heard the first MM song, or where it was. It was before Dohhh Up!, that much I remember. Probably something from around 2004... it might have been Ai Araba actually.

Looking up the year 2004 on the H!P wikia, it's crazy to think that this is the year that

- Kitagawa Rio and Ise Layla were born

- Abe Natsumi graduated from MM and

- W and v-u-den were formed.

It feels like yesterday and eternity ago at the same time!

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#10 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1250 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 01:24 AM

I am pretty sure my first taste of MM was SEXY BOY. Such an amazing song!! But when I listened to their next single Ambitious, I was like "This is not as insanely catchy as SEXY BOY!!" so I stopped. Through the years, I became more familiarized with a few other songs like Shabondama or THE Manpower!!, but it wasn't until early 2012 that I heard Renai Hunter and I never looked back again, and it's still my favorite Momusu song to this day ♥

MRkgm6i.png

#11 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:18 AM

I was looking up anime music on youtube back in 2012 and Buono was in one of the compilations. Listened to Buono for a while and then found their official youtube channel. Then from the there, I saw the their featured channels MM, Berryz, C-ute and S/mileage and decided to check them out. At the time MM had just released One Two Three. So, that was the first song I heard/watched from them.

#12 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 11:35 PM

I discovered MM through the Mechaike Okajo Specials in 2004, so I think the first song I heard or watched was likely Renai Revolution 21?
I was really into Japanese comedy shows at that time, so I stumbled across MM through that, and have been a fan ever since.

This was before the time of Youtube, Dailymotion, etc, so I had to find shows on WinMX back then...

Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#13 Ambenya

Ambenya

Suberies & MaaDuu are love <3

• Senpai
  • 736 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:04 AM

My first Morning Musume song I ever heard was Nanchatte Renai in 2009 after I found out about H!P through Buono (I found them when I started watching Shugo Chara).

I watched the music video on Youtube and only kind of knew a few members (Aika, Sayumi, and Koharu) but Gaki caught my attention the most by far.

Hard to believe it's been almost 11 years since I became a fan honestly.

~Eripon Fan Since January 2011~

8kq9eBy.png
Set made byaira慶一郎~ My blog: Cherry Blossom Wonderland My fanfic thread: Ambenya's Fanfic Wonderland

~Ikuta Erina~Okamura Homare~Ishida Ayumi~Oda Sakura~Nonaka Miki~Yokoyama Reina~Sakurai Rio~Tamenaga Shion~Kawana Rin~Sasaki Rikako~Goto Hana~Matsumoto Wakana~Kudo Yume~Kawashima Mifu~Ebata Kisaki~Arisawa Ichika~Irie Risa~Yofu Runo~Yagi Shiori~Ono Mizuho~Onoda Saori~Tanimoto Ami~Yamazaki Yuhane~Okamura Minami~Eguchi Saya~Kiyono Momohime~Satoyoshi Utano~Nishida Shiori~Yonemura Kirara~Nishizaki Miku~Kubota Nanami~Tsutsui Roko~Ishiguri Kanami~Hashida Honoka~Uemura Hasumi~Matsubara Yulia~Makino Toa~Hayashi Niina~Kawano Soara~

#14 Recognizer

Recognizer

GakiKame lover

• Senpai
  • 3377 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 04:07 PM

Sakura Mankai, local TV programme called "Banzai!!" was showing stuff related to Japan back in 2007. Instantly sold.

caCYGi9.jpg

#15 Pyo-Kiyo

Pyo-Kiyo

Kobushi Factory Fan

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:19 PM

The very first song I heard from Morning Musume was Mikan.

It was around summer 2011 when I and my sister were randomly checking some Japanese groups.
On the same day we also came across Kimagure Princess, Bravo!, I'm lucky girl... and one more... I think it was Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game, but I'm not 100% sure.

(Also a bit off topic... but I find it funny that while others might have discovered H!P though Shugo Chara!... it was actually the other way around for me, lol.)  ^-^

<3 Kobushi "MAGNOLIA" Factory  :respect:

#16 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 01:04 PM

The first MoMusu-related song/PV I ran into might have been MiniMoni's Rock 'n' Roll Kenchoushozaichi ~Oboechaina Series~ in early 2003.  I was downloading random Jpop and Jrock via WinMX, and I had no idea of what it was.  The first time I watched it, all I could think was, "Wow, this is obviously from some alternate unverse that's at least 50 years ahead of us!"  XD

So I searched around for more MiniMoni, and found out that they were a Morning Musume spinoff.  That led me to the Love Machine PV, and to episodes of Hello! Morning, which someone was uploading on one of the Jpop Usenet newsgroups - so even with ancient dial-up 2003 Internet technology, I could sort of follow the group in almost kind of real time. :c18: 

I remember that when I started watching the current episodes, they were in the middle of the 2003 shuffle groups (which was an utterly confusing intro to the group :blink: ), and and the upcoming single was Shabondama (which I've always thought of as my actual introduction to the group).

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#17 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 07:41 AM

My aunt is a Hello! Project fan, and she did dance covers, so my earliest Morning Musume memory is kimagure princess, i really liked the song and i even had it on my phone lol (i remember thinking Kamei was super pretty!) i was really young, like 7-8 years so its a weak memory lol Not Morning Musume but i also remember High-king's C/C, i recall the give me love part and reina cause of her distinctive look, so i thought it was a MM song and when i got into the fandom and couldnt found it in MM discography i was dissapointed, until it popped up on my yt recommendations!

#18 reinayokos

reinayokos

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 04:13 PM

Mines was Shabondama after seeing it in my recommendations while watching an 48 group video. It was like Oct 2018 but I wasn't that into the whole group yet. Then I listened to koi no victory and that really got me to like them because I love cute concepts :)

48G + H!P =  <3

my ultimate idol: watanabe mayu 

yokoyama reina  kobayashi honoka kitagawa rio  sato masaki

#19 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:48 AM

I think I watched Renai Hunter first, but One Two Three is the one that REALLY got me hooked because of the visuals and member colors. I always gravitated toward the ones who wear pink. And then I remember noticing quickly how Kanon had literally no confidence in that video and it intruiged me that they had a chubbier girl in a big group like that. So I did some digging and then I was hooked. 

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#20 Hollerama

Hollerama

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 02:30 AM

I don't remember the first song I listened to, but the first picture of Morning Musume I ever saw was their cover for Go Girl ~Koi no Victory~. I was completely shocked by how many members there were! (coincidentally, there were 15 at the time!) Luckily they all happened to be labeled on that cover, haha.

That was probably the first song of theirs I heard too, but I'm not 100% sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users